Interviews

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Interviews

Postby Chococat » Mon Jul 14, 08 11:38 am

OK I just want to bitch before my parents get here..

Well, I was supposed to have an interview this morning, at 9.30 for the NHS, so I arrive there in a skirt-suit and tights and the full-blown malarkey after spending forever tryin to find the damn business building, and so reception telephone upstairs to say I've arrived, only for them to tell reception that no one was meant to be interviewed today, so for half an hour I sit around waitin to find out what happens, and it turns out that someone had given reception the wrong extension number so they couldn't get in touch with the right person, so I get sent upstairs and wait over an hour, and by this time my parents said they would be getting here for my graduation in the city centre so I'm tryin to call my Mum and her phone is switched off so I try my brother and his phone isn't on either, and the woman interviewing me was like "Sorry to have kept you waiting there was a mix-up and we went to have a break as well" and I was like "Well I've been waiting for over an hour and a half and I'm meant to be graduating today.." and she was like "OMG just go and come back tomorrow!" so I have to power-walk it back to my mate's house where I'm crashing and my feet are all blistered from walkin so fast in fancy business shoes and my parents aren't even here yet...

Arrghhh

The NHS is a joke..
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby James » Mon Jul 14, 08 11:45 am

The NHS have always had a very sadistic approach to organization and queues. I told you about waiting in the queue for nearly 2 hours right?, people were fighting for seats in the queue because there was no ticket system to prove who is next... yes a few people bunked in ahead of me, thankfully my ear wasn't that much in pain or I would of been doing it myself.

Anyway sorry to hear that Emma, hopefully the rest of the day will be better for you sweetheart.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Mon Jul 14, 08 6:34 pm

Allegedly we have one of the best medicares in the country.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Mon Jul 14, 08 6:38 pm

They still don't care about queues, lol.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Mon Jul 14, 08 7:15 pm

Honestly, you think you have it hard?

Waiting two hours in Ireland is normal with our healthcare, a known fact that our hospitals and services are one of the worst in Europe. =/
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Cyrus » Mon Jul 14, 08 10:33 pm

LOL 2 hours? That's fucking nothing try waiting 36 hours with a bone in your arm nearly pushing through your skin. Then when they do fix they miss a crack and it has to be redone again. If that happened to you James THEN I WILL ALLOW YOU TO MOAN otherwise I'm just going to call you a little girl.
:-({|=

THANKS KEITH
Cyrus
Commander of IRELAND

Postby James » Mon Jul 14, 08 10:46 pm

WELL SORRY FOR LIVING IN A COUNTRY THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE STANDARDS
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue Jul 15, 08 1:29 pm

Our NHS is good. One of the few services I cannot complain about in this country. You had a bad experience Emma, fair enough and that was unlucky, but that doesn't mean the entire NHS is a joke. What job were you applying for?
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Jul 15, 08 1:32 pm

No really, queues are a joke unless its a walk in clinic.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Jul 15, 08 10:49 pm

Chococat got the job by the way, congratulations to her!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Tue Jul 15, 08 11:37 pm

What job?
Survive.
Master

Postby James » Tue Jul 15, 08 11:38 pm

It is mentioned here!
Last edited by James on Tue Jul 15, 08 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Tue Jul 15, 08 11:39 pm

Ohh I thought it was an appointment since everybody started saying something about their NHS is better etc.

Gah, my bad.

Congratz! :D
Survive.
Master

Postby Chococat » Thu Jul 17, 08 5:11 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:Our NHS is good. One of the few services I cannot complain about in this country. You had a bad experience Emma, fair enough and that was unlucky, but that doesn't mean the entire NHS is a joke. What job were you applying for?

My Dad worked in the NHS for several years as a paramedic and was fucked-over, I have a degree in health (eg. NHS Healthcare Management) so I know how shitty the NHS can be. Free healthcare at a glance sounds great, but with so many tax-dodgers in England there isn't enough funding for it to go around to benefit everyone, and the system is generally in dire need for improvement. Its not the NHS's fault whatsoever, its the people that happily live off benefits instead of having some sort of drive in life where they can get a job and actually contribute towards society.

Basically:

More people in employment --> More tax being paid into the government --> More tax goes towards the NHS --> Bigger budget, therefore better healthcare.

Also, bigger budget leads towards more hospitals, more job vacancies and so can create quite a positive cycle.

James wrote:Chococat got the job

Eh? I am still waiting from this job.. I have accepted an offer to work in retail again, because I have several other interviews arranged (3 on the same fucking day so I can't go to them all), and a Disney dance audition next week haha. Even if I was offered that job I wouldn't start working there for at least another 6 weeks due to CRB checks and Health Check Procedures, so this retail job will pay the bills until further notice..
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby James » Thu Jul 17, 08 5:22 pm

Ohhh, you made it sound like you actually have the job in that text, sorry. :(
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Thu Jul 17, 08 5:26 pm

They said they would call me today but I doubt I will get it.. I didn't even know until the interview that I would be managing a team of people and working directly under a Hospital Director because the job spec online didn't explain it.. But oh well.Lol.
Chococat
Emmaface

Return to Rants & Debates