It's been a while.

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

It's been a while.

Postby Siva » Sun Sep 21, 08 3:29 pm

So between reintegration into school, dealing with the illness and mountains of coursework. And of course the vidya, I haven't had much time for adventures.

Until last week.

I had nothing to do, so I went out with my usual batch of 4. We walked into Game because I wanted to find out when Pheonix Wright 3 was being released, and then had a discussion about the PW games with the girl behind the counter. They milled about and eventually came to the cabinet where World of Warcraft was kept, along with one or two other RPG's.

One of my friends knows about PC games and whatnot, and begins a little rant about World of Warcraft and how much he dislikes it. Then some fat neckbeard walks into the PC section and starts arguing with him. Turns out he works here.

Their argument gets louder and louder and my other two friends have moved to McDonalds. The woman I'm talking to goes over to tell the guy to calm down, but he's not hearing it. He's been tripped into some kind of ridiculous nerd rage and begins a tirade of personal insults on my friend. Which he definitely did not deserve, but he takes it all in stride for a minute or so, just nodding his head and agreeing to shut the guy up.

3 minutes elapse and my friend can't take it anymore. He tells the guy to lose some weight and take a bath, and the fat guy walked over to my friend, got right in his face, stepped back and swung for his head.

I didn't look to see whether he'd hit or not, I just ran over and kicked him in his back. He fell forward, my friend got out of the way, and crashed into the World of Warcraft cabinet, breaking the glass.

I don't know what happened after that because we fucking ghosted.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Kaiden » Sun Sep 21, 08 3:51 pm

The fat guy or your friend broke the cabinet lol?

Good story xD.
Last edited by Kaiden on Sun Sep 21, 08 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sun Sep 21, 08 3:52 pm

Fat guy
//..
Siva

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Sep 21, 08 4:05 pm

Fucking owned, serves the fat prick right. Yeah, I play World of Warcraft. On my own accord, I don't need some fuckwad telling me if it's good or bad.

I hate the hardcore fans of MMO's like that (it doesn't seem as much a problem with other games as it does with MMO's). My suggestion to anyone thinking of buying WoW is to never buy the game ever. I mean it do not buy this game!

I say this because even though I reckon it's a pretty sweet game (gets boring after a while but all games do at some point, to me anyway) it is addictive. Too addictive. I almost become hooked on it but forced myself to do some design work least I fell prey to it's "charm" (for lack of a better term) like my cousin has.

Yeah, it's a good game, but if you like your sanity (which I have none of anyway) just don't buy it. Or any other MMO that actually manages to compete with World of Warcraft (Age of Conan I believe, would fit under this category). People don't play this game because they KNOW they'll get addicted. Those people are SMART.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Sun Sep 21, 08 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Tonnochi » Sun Sep 21, 08 5:43 pm

Protocol...where the fuck do you live?
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sun Sep 21, 08 11:59 pm

Aaron wrote:Protocol...where the fuck do you live?

London ish
Last edited by Kaiden on Mon Sep 22, 08 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon Sep 22, 08 2:52 pm

I so believed he lived somewhere in LA lol
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Ian » Sat Sep 27, 08 11:02 pm

DeathMaster wrote:I so believed he lived somewhere in LA lol

ROFL best shit ever
Ian
Poster

Postby James » Sun Sep 28, 08 8:06 am

The same situation happened yesterday to me...

Well 11 days ago my friend gave me a 10 day resurrection scroll (play the game 10 days for free if your full account has been fucked for 90+ days... it had been over a year since I last played) to make me shut up about World of Warcraft. In the 9 days I played I had achieved a level 52 character SO fucking quickly on my own with no help, as a practice. So I thought "Hey wonder if I can beat Andy" so I give in and buy another game card seeing as I haven't sorted out my current account's E-Banking and walk into GAME. I grab the case and wave it in the man on the till's face saying "I'd like a 4 stone in 60 days card please), he must of thought I was insulting his physique and refused to serve me so the store manager did instead, while I was leaving the manager was raging at the clerk.

FUN TIMES
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sun Sep 28, 08 11:07 am

I LOL'D
//..
Siva

Return to Rants & Debates