Hospital Adventures

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Hospital Adventures

Postby Siva » Fri Nov 14, 08 11:17 am

Wednesday night I went to A&E on advice of my GP. I'd had a migrane for a week (and still do.) consistently.

After 2 hours I was assessed, and then another hour passed so they could talk to their consultant. 2 more hours passed or so, and I had to take a blood test.

The campest doctor I've ever seen or heard rolls up and starts asking me a battery of questions, he sounded like he came straight from TV.

"Okay touch your finger to your nose and then your finger to my finger."
"It's okay you're kind of slow I win this race"
"2012 is only around the corner 3 more years practice okay?"
"Mmmhmm yes okay that will do"

That sort of thing.

That part wasn't bad, I don't mind the gays, but then his friend or colleague or trainee whatever rolls up, and he seems to be the one actually administering the blood test.

And he fucked it up.

My blood was leaking all over the bed, dripping onto the floor, he was tearing bits off of what they use to cover the beds to wipe up the mess, it was a fucking shambles.

This was not the best part yet! Then, about half an hour later (it's about 1am) they figure they should GO BEHIND MY SPINE TO COLLECT SPINAL FLUID

So I had to curl up into a goddamn ball, and after four attempts they give up.

Afterward, I am enlightened that the same chucklefuck who can't even do a blood test got the first crack at fucking with my spine

From then I had to stay in hospital for another uneventful 25 hours.

In the end, they put me on codeine and let me leave.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Nov 14, 08 12:28 pm

What

The

Fuck!

They got the guy who fucked up your blood test to give you an LP! (Yeah I watch House)

Fucking irresponsible

And how the hell can you mess up a blood test!

Mate you gotta get away from the gangsters and the gays, SERIOUS!
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Psycho » Fri Nov 14, 08 6:17 pm

Lol, ok this is all of my (main) hospital experiences. I was 6 weeks premature so had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks. Then a year (1 years old) later I was hit with pneumonia on both of my lungs. I had to be in hospital for 6 weeks (dejavu or what), stuck in a ocsigen tent, inside a incubater (Good thing I was not awake). Around here it would be simple to get a missed dignosies.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Fri Nov 14, 08 6:52 pm

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:6 weeks premature

Christ
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Return to Rants & Debates