The Illuminati

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

The Illuminati

Postby Psychotic » Mon Apr 02, 12 11:43 am

I'm going to go off on a tangent here, so feel free to ignore this topic if you don't like the inane ramblings of a guy who puts far too much thought into stuff.

I want to know when the Illuminati became so common-knowledge that random students in my class seem to know everything and anything about it, for whatever reason.

I don't understand why they know so much, nor why they'd want to, my only concern is that some of them are obsessed with the knowledge, as if they need to enlighten people wherever they go for whatever reason.

As I type this I realise it sounds less annoying than how I find it. It's annoying not because it happens everyday but because some of my class colleagues have this strange desire to feed the rumour chain with more Illuminati bullshit. I also find it very arrogant how many boldly claim that what they say is true, without any evidence to back their so-called "truths" up.

My issue isn't really with the subject matter, it's how the subject matter works. Those of us here who played Deus Ex and were slightly interested in it's storyline might have looked up certain factions, such as the Illuminati, for shits and giggles. I did because I wanted to know more, I found more and I stopped looking; I didn't need to find anything else. I believe that we've known about the group far before anyone else, simply because of our association with Deus Ex, a story that was far the first to tell the public of the Illuminati but may have opened a few more peoples eyes about the stories.

I don't see the point in discussing groups like the Illuminati because it's just so tiresome and pointless. It's much like religious debates or arguing what political faction is better. People with these opinions tend to have them in liberal amounts and are unwilling to change no matter the evidence you put forth that they really probably shouldn't.

In my case, I treat the Illuminati - and any group like it - with the same respect I treat religion and Gods in general: I keep an open-mind. I don't outright say they statements are false like I once might have, I simply say I don't believe or worship the ideals but am open to the belief that they might exist, given enough evidence to the claim.

In the Illuminati's case I just don't see a point in discussing them unless you're like the hundreds of conspiracy theorists on YouTube trying to prove their existence, much like those who try to prove or disprove the existence of God. My colleagues don't do this however, some of them have a belief in the Illuminati it's almost fanatical, but they have no cold, hard evidence to back-up the claim. They can sit down for hours discussing what the Illuminati has apparently done in the world, how they were created and what they're doing now, and they state this all as if it's true, but provide nothing to back their "facts" up.

I don't see the relevance in discussing the Illuminati because, quite frankly, if the Illuminati don't want to be found - if they even exist at all - then they never will be. If they exist and have been running our world for as long as people say they have (since the time of the Knight's Templars) then honestly, you really think you're going to expose them now? And what will you do with the information once you do? What do you expect people to do? Most people are apathetic already, they don't care, they probably won't do anything about it because they don't care.

I find it more likely that if you were to prove the existence of the Illuminati - or any groups that want to host a One World Government under a New World Order - then your time on this planet is going to very short-lived. If the Illuminati exist as the theorists love to propose then yeah, killing one person to save their own identity is a small sacrifice to make.

To conclude: I find the whole discussion like religious debates. Fun to talk about but absolutely meaningless in the end. This is a rant because I know that no matter how strong your argument against their claims are, they'll never back down. Neither will you. Both teams are fighting a losing battle, so why not just spend your energy on more productive ventures? Like the damn projects you're supposed to be researching in class!

[e] You know, after thinking about it, I think the biggest problem I have isn't with the subject matter but the fervour that people put into their arguments. I'm rambling on here about old bullshit we already know, though, but I just have a massive dislike for anyone who puts forth their ideas as facts. An example is a guy in our class who simply states that "it's [the Illuminati] all real" whenever I shake my head and scoff at his ideals (which I do mostly to mock people sarcastically). He's nigh fanatical about his belief, much like many religious people, and for what? What does he have to gain? Nothing. Not only this, but he's trying to force his beliefs on me with nothing to back them up.

So yeah, it really feels like Religion 2.0 for me. I feel as if I've gone from one bad topic to another, only now I have to work with these people who I find are incredibly close-minded. Which I also find ironic, simply because design should challenge you to open your mind, think outside the box, but with close-minded thoughts like these, how can you possibly hope to achieve that?

/rant

Alright, I think I'm done now. My apologies for using the forum as an unwilling scapegoat in this matter.
Last edited by Psychotic on Mon Apr 02, 12 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Siva » Mon Apr 02, 12 4:22 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean.

One of my friends is just getting into the conspiracy thing and it gives me a headache to hear him talking about it. I don't care if you saw illuminati symbols in some Call of Duty video on the internet, it doesn't really matter.

And then there's my other group of friends that were DEEP into conspiracy theories, talking about the end of the world and 2012 and all that crap, I used to just sit there, entertain it and smile and say 'Well, if the world ends in 2012 then it ends in 2012.'

But I see it as something of a growing thing in the young muslim community. There's a series of videos (FIFTY VIDEOS LONG) called The Arrivals. One of my friends made me watch it, and it's very, very effective at getting its point across. It uses THE MOST unsettling music I have ever heardand when combined with demonic, masonic and other 'esoteric' imagery, it brainwashes you into fear. Now, when you consider that this series of videos ends with trying to convert people into Islam under these false, false conclusions they draw, I look back on it and shake my head. I remember after I finally finished watching it I didn't sleep for three days. I couldn't stop seeing what they had 'pointed out' in the real world. A blessing in disguise, because it made me actually research the real Islam and ended up with me converting, but there are a lot of guys who watch it and just live in some tripped out reality where they are so afraid of the Illuminati all they can do is talk about it.

These days, when people bring it up I let them sound off for a couple of minutes to let them get it out of their system. Then I ask them the same question every time. 'Okay, so suppose the Illuminati do exist, and they control everything from the clothes you wear to the government you live under. What exactly are you going to do to stop it?'

They never have an answer.
Last edited by Siva on Mon Apr 02, 12 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Psycho » Mon Apr 02, 12 4:27 pm

You got brainwashed into converting then?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Mon Apr 02, 12 4:32 pm

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:You got brainwashed into converting then?

Eh, no. I guess from my post it looks like that.

I got brainwashed for about 3 days, got up and my brain started working again. So I looked up Islam, how it came together, Muhammad's story, I thought the whole thing was pretty exceptional, so I obtained a copy of the Qur'an and started reading it. I found it to be the truth, so I ended up becoming a muslim.

Tbh, all someone would have had to do is say 'Islam is interesting, look into it' and I would have ended up in the same place.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby ynnaD » Mon Apr 02, 12 4:34 pm

fuk islam, christianity da best

OJ mate, i'm glad your happy with yourself in that way, its a refreshing change in the world today.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Psychotic » Mon Apr 02, 12 11:25 pm

Protocol wrote:These days, when people bring it up I let them sound off for a couple of minutes to let them get it out of their system. Then I ask them the same question every time. 'Okay, so suppose the Illuminati do exist, and they control everything from the clothes you wear to the government you live under. What exactly are you going to do to stop it?'

Hah, I remember the first time they started talking about the rubbish, I asked this and yeah, they never have an answer.

Such a bloody waste of time.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Return to Rants & Debates