Read.

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Bob » Tue Dec 12, 06 7:32 pm

En masse ][M][ co-op attempt at "Super-Hardcore" DX!
Bob
Forum God

Postby clyzm » Tue Dec 12, 06 10:24 pm

I got the impression you always use insults and try to humiliate opponents if the opponents don't agree with you about some arguments and facts :S

I have before but I realized this was stupid and stopped.

And messiah,

I AM TALKING ABOUT MAJOR, PERFORMANCE MODIFYING AUGMENTATIONS. NOT ROOT AUGS.

Jeez, I said that about three times now.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby messiah » Wed Dec 13, 06 8:36 am

The debate was never about major, performance augmentations as I have repeated several times. That is a completely another subject which I would never start to argue about. But at least after all this ridiculous, pointless arguing we can draw the conclusion that the creators did want you to use augmentations and that it is not possible to play SP without using one of them.

So due to this, I can leave the arena as a winner, as expected.
Thank you, good luck and bye.
messiah

Postby clyzm » Wed Dec 13, 06 8:59 am

messiah wrote:The debate was never about major, performance augmentations as I have repeated several times. That is a completely another subject which I would never start to argue about. But at least after all this ridiculous, pointless arguing we can draw the conclusion that the creators did want you to use augmentations and that it is not possible to play SP without using one of them.

So due to this, I can leave the arena as a winner, as expected.
Thank you, good luck and bye.

The creators didn't intend for everyone to use the performance modifying augs, just the root augs. The debate was about major augs, not root augs. So, you can leave the "arena" deluded as a winner, or you can get your ass back in here and try to explain to me if the creators wanted you to use major augs.

You just keep thinking your a winner, Messiah. It looks like to me you're just retreating, making you the loser.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 13, 06 11:02 am

that it is not possible to play SP without using one of them.

Prove?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Krieg » Wed Dec 13, 06 1:10 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:
I got the impression you always use insults and try to humiliate opponents if the opponents don't agree with you about some arguments and facts :S

I have before but I realized this was stupid and stopped.

Hmm ... I am beginning to like you again :D
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Wed Dec 13, 06 1:44 pm

Dereks a hot sexy beast, and he's coming along nicely as an augger.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby messiah » Wed Dec 13, 06 1:46 pm

cata wrote:
messiah wrote:Third, without auggers Deus Ex would not be what it is meant to be. If the creators, or the famous modders that you obviously idolize with your full heart, meant Deus Ex to be played without augmentations (no-augs) they would not have created them at all.

Augs is just a unique add-on to the game that makes it different from the rest. They didn't want it to be played with or without, that's why they let you choose and not gave you augmentations in the first place. It's called role playing game. You can choose to have augs or not.

This is what the debate started from. Whether you can choose to have augs or not. And you can not. Good luck, take care.

daedalas wrote:Prove?

Rofl, like I would have the time to figure out how to turn off infolink etc. You go and do it, I am not the one claiming something idiotic. So prove me wrong, then.
messiah

Postby clyzm » Wed Dec 13, 06 10:35 pm

messiah wrote:
cata wrote:
messiah wrote:Third, without auggers Deus Ex would not be what it is meant to be. If the creators, or the famous modders that you obviously idolize with your full heart, meant Deus Ex to be played without augmentations (no-augs) they would not have created them at all.

Augs is just a unique add-on to the game that makes it different from the rest. They didn't want it to be played with or without, that's why they let you choose and not gave you augmentations in the first place. It's called role playing game. You can choose to have augs or not.

This is what the debate started from. Whether you can choose to have augs or not. And you can not. Good luck, take care.

daedalas wrote:Prove?

Rofl, like I would have the time to figure out how to turn off infolink etc. You go and do it, I am not the one claiming something idiotic. So prove me wrong, then.

I meant major augs, I said it about 4... no, 5 times now. You just think you won because you enjoy deluding yourself. Now, even if you "won" or so you state, prove to me you HAVE to play SP with MAJOR augmentations, and NOT root ones.

Besides, to turn off IFF, just turn off your crosshair. To turn off infolink, you'd have to remove every transmission sent in probably SDK.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 21, 06 5:20 am

cactus-clyzm wrote:
It is because you for one are so stupid that it goes beyond my imagination. You lose a debate and you still keep on babbling about it.

First of all, I never lost a debate. Quitters such as you go away and say "i cannot speak to you anymore" that lost the debate. If I agree with you and we have a mutual thinking, then the debate is settled, but that will almost never happen. Your level of debating is amateur at best. Wanna know why? You focus on humiliating and demeaning your opponent rather than treating with the same amount of respect, rather than look at your opinions and how they should collide.

Agreed, however, you can't really "win" a debate. Because when debating, you're expressing your feelings. You're not forcing people to agree with you because you THINK you're right.

In debating, you express and defend your opinion(s). If someone doesn't agree you attempt to prove them wrong, simple. But technically you cannot "win" a debate because the "loser" doesn't actually lose anything anyway.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu Dec 21, 06 11:32 am

I says we delete IFF Infolink the Hud and the light just to prove messiah wrong :D
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Previous

Return to Rants & Debates