Essays

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Chococat » Thu Mar 08, 07 4:13 pm

School sucks ass. I left at 15, one of the best days ever. You're such a child when you're at school, no one ever takes you seriously till you're at least in your second year of college.
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 08, 07 4:20 pm

Never noticed that :/
Must be a girl thing :P
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Lazer » Thu Mar 08, 07 4:25 pm

Chococat wrote:
Lazer wrote:I got a 2:1. Am i (on paper) the most educated person here? :D

Wish i was still at uni. Quality lifestyle. If i went back, id never moan about another essay again.

I can't wait to graduate, find a job, get a semi-decent wage and settle down.

The hard part in that is finding a good job (which is what you are aiming for when a graduate?). Im giving it till the summer and if i havent found a job that appeals to me where im actually offered a position, im considering going to ATCO (air traffic control officer) college in Bournemouth. A years study getting paid 10 grand, then a 2 year on the job probationary period on 15-19 grand, then you hit the big time, 48 grand a year!

Not my 1st choice of careers i must admit, but the thought of having to live in sunny bournemouth for a year meeting new people and getting paid to learn sounds like an adventure.
Lazer
Addict

Postby Chococat » Thu Mar 08, 07 4:32 pm

DeathKlaat wrote:Never noticed that :/

Until you're at least 17/18 you won't be taken seriously in life. At all. Especially if you fall into any of the below categories:

- Chav
- Emo
- Goth
- On the dole
- A loud disrespectful student
- You have a mullet
- You're still wearing y-fronts
- You think gold jewellry is fashionable
- You're one of those sad losers who hang around the town centre in groups doing absolutely nothing apart from using up valuable oxygen
- You live on WoW (seriously, the amount of guys who come to me at work and tell me all about their stats on WoW, its not a turn-on)
- You live in the pub, getting drunk 24/7
- You live on the streets, ew
- You're a guy wearing skinny jeans
- You get a stupid piercing in the middle of your face so it looks like a massive spot and you think you're cool along with the many other twats who reckon its a good look
- You're a underage parent
- You don't cook your own meals or do your own washing
- You think sex without any contraception is alright

: )
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Dae » Thu Mar 08, 07 4:57 pm

Sorry, what's a mullet?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:08 pm

Lazer wrote:The hard part in that is finding a good job (which is what you are aiming for when a graduate?).

Yeah, thats the worst bit. : (
My ideal job situation would be to work in The Priory. We had some staff and addicts come in to give a talk on Monday about the work.

Dae wrote:Sorry, what's a mullet?

Chococat
Emmaface

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:13 pm

Chococat wrote:School sucks ass. I left at 15, one of the best days ever. You're such a child when you're at school, no one ever takes you seriously till you're at least in your second year of college.

must be some kinda girlish problem, i don't think i dont get enough respect or someone rules me. :) If i see someone done take me seriously then i intoduce him my fist :twisted: (jk)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Chococat » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:16 pm

Its not a 'girl-problem'. When you're at that age you think you're all that, you think you're independant and incontrol of your life, but it can't be further from the truth.
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Alex » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:19 pm

Well, we 'kids' can control our enviroment. My English teacher is retirering because of my class...
Alex
Alpha

Postby Lazer » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:28 pm

DeathMaster wrote:
Chococat wrote:School sucks ass. I left at 15, one of the best days ever. You're such a child when you're at school, no one ever takes you seriously till you're at least in your second year of college.

must be some kinda girlish problem, i don't think i dont get enough respect or someone rules me. :) If i see someone done take me seriously then i intoduce him my fist :twisted: (jk)

For example, I cant take you seriously when you're saying things like 'it must be a girl problem' because it makes you sound stupid and immature which you probably are at your age. And to compound the misery, 'introducing someone to your fist' gives the impression that you are one step away from a fucking amoeba. No offence btw, its nothing against you, just the predicament of you being young and immature.

Not all youngsters are like it mind, just that these youngsters get dragged down with the others and so aren't listened to or respected.
Lazer
Addict

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:37 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Well, we 'kids' can control our enviroment. My English teacher is retirering because of my class...

No your teacher is retiring because he/she is incompetant enough not to be able to run your class.

All "kids" are unruly when they have no real authority to maintain them

All you have demonstrated is that you need more control to keep you in check

Which is not a good thing

Until you're at least 17/18 you won't be taken seriously in life. At all. Especially if you fall into any of the below categories:

- Chav
- Emo
- Goth
- On the dole
- You have a mullet
- You're one of those sad losers who hang around the town centre in groups doing absolutely nothing apart from using up valuable oxygen
- You live on WoW (seriously, the amount of guys who come to me at work and tell me all about their stats on WoW, its not a turn-on)
- You get a stupid piercing in the middle of your face so it looks like a massive spot and you think you're cool along with the many other twats who reckon its a good look

What about "- you failed at school"

Because otherwise i dont fall in that catagory
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:51 pm

Strange thing is , I only fall into one catagory ( being to lazy to cook for myself xD )
And yet I have never really had a problem of not being taken serious.
Only once but my parents were partly right about it so I gave it a rest lol.

Not all youngsters are like it mind, just that these youngsters get dragged down with the others and so aren't listened to or respected

To be honest , a grown up person can be as childish as a youngster.I know a guy who is 19 but sometimes he gives me the impression that he is 15 lol.
Last edited by Krieg on Thu Mar 08, 07 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Mar 08, 07 5:53 pm

I think being taken seriously is mostly dependant on your background. People are more likely to respect a kid if they're at least polite and well spoken, not really something you find with chavs and the like.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:00 pm

Max, I dont treat you with any respect or take you seriously at all... peasent.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:04 pm

Hunt him down with our gathering!
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:10 pm

Lazer wrote:
DeathMaster wrote:

For example, I cant take you seriously when you're saying things like 'it must be a girl problem' because it makes you sound stupid and immature which you probably are at your age. And to compound the misery, 'introducing someone to your fist' gives the impression that you are one step away from a fucking amoeba. No offence btw, its nothing against you, just the predicament of you being young and immature.

Not all youngsters are like it mind, just that these youngsters get dragged down with the others and so aren't listened to or respected.

oww whats that :shock: level of the sense of humour? :) Dude, you can't say i'm a child just cos i got used to my enviroment. Most of 15 years guys here are noobs and i can't stand when they want me to understand that they have rights. I mean if they say STFU and i say you stfu, i get a black eye. But i don't let it happen so i have to be almost as noobish :)
I feel i get enough respect and i respect others around me. I said girlish because boys are respected here, i dont know much about girls :) BTW its Hungary not England :shock:
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:13 pm

Omg he says he only respects boys , ANTI-FEMMINIST ALERT !!
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Zantinzuken » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:16 pm

DeathMaster wrote:
Lazer wrote:
DeathMaster wrote:

oww whats that :shock: level of the sense of humour? :) Dude, you can't say i'm a child just cos i got used to my enviroment. Most of 15 years guys here are noobs and i can't stand when they want me to understand that they have rights. I mean if they say STFU and i say you stfu, i get a black eye. But i don't let it happen so i have to be almost as noobish :)
I feel i get enough respect and i respect others around me. I said girlish because boys are respected here, i dont know much about girls :) BTW its Hungary not England :shock:

Stopped reading after you called them noobs =/

It's true though, when I was in sixth year (Irish final year of school), we got a lot of respect from the teachers and people alike, it's just how it goes...

In college (college in Ireland is Uni in England) it's kinda up and down, you get the label of being a bum student, but also get respect if you apply yourself.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Mar 08, 07 6:39 pm

I just walked down a street in the poor quarter of Bristol

And I saw some of the most deranged kind of people you will ever see with your own eyes

And each one probably began it all with no appreciation for education

I earn 12500 a year because i failed A levels

My girlfriend will earn 28000 a year minimum when she leaves university

she worked hard at education, i didnt

Pissing your teacher off or making jokes in lessons may be funny in the short term, but all you are really doing is jeapourdising your education

see, if i payed attention in english i could spell jeapourdising...
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:21 pm

Man I know that too well, I well fucked up at school and thought I knew better. Which is why I'm busting my arse at college to be able to get to Uni.

Leave the derranged people alone! They provide more than enough entertainment whilst waiting for the bus!
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby Cozmo » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:34 pm

Chococat wrote:
DeathKlaat wrote:Never noticed that :/

- Chav
- Emo
- Goth
- On the dole
- You have a mullet

: )

Shit... *Makes notes*
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:40 pm

When youre acting a noob in lessons that doesn't mean you don't learn and get good marks
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:49 pm

DeathMaster wrote:When youre acting a noob in lessons that doesn't mean you don't learn and get good marks

LOL

I acted an idiot at GCSE's (age 16), i passed them all no problem

I acted an idiot at A levels, (age 18 ), i failed

Sooner or later you will have understand that being an idiot in a lesson is just a waste of valuable learning.

The system is meant to be played, not rebelled against
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:50 pm

DeathMaster wrote:When youre acting a noob in lessons that doesn't mean you don't learn and get good marks

But using 'noob' in a sentence where it has no relevence does.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:54 pm

I can say idiot if it is better.

I got English preparatory this year and i think i understand English so this is a RELAX YEAR for me :twisted: :D
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Mar 08, 07 7:57 pm

DeathMaster wrote:I can say idiot if it is better.

I got English preparatory this year and i think i understand English so this is a RELAX YEAR for me :twisted: :D

Yeah

I know english well, i learn english because teachers learn it to me every day

then i go home and have relax time

i can understand other language

english good
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Kaiden » Thu Mar 08, 07 8:04 pm

Huh? That made no sense MrBlack! :x I guess your English really is bad. :D

Hmm.. I'm quite a quiet person in life, I just get on with work in some lessons, but can be quite noisy in others. For example, they put me in an idiot set for R.E for reasons beyond my knowledge (You know, the groups that have those people who talk about what they're gonna smoke when they get outside etc) Well my class is full of them, and only me and..2(?) other people do any work. I have a video on my phone of my teacher taking 12 minutes to shut my class up. :roll: But anyway.. It annoys me that because the majortiy of 15 year olds are "noobs" doesn't mean we all are. :x
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Mar 08, 07 8:28 pm

Make the effort on your GCSE's. Then you can sit on a double summer with a bunch of A's and A*'s. :ey
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Thu Mar 08, 07 10:07 pm

GCSEs aren't really that hard if you pay attention in class and learn what's on the syllabus - the exams are so mechanical that they cannot ask you anything surprising, so you can in fact learn all the possible information. In my mocks I got all As and A*s, so I'm aiming for all A*s in the summer.

For A-levels however, I need to do serious work (I've already started A-level French cause I took the GCSE a year early.)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Splitter » Thu Mar 08, 07 10:19 pm

Don't worry about A-levels. With enough revision at the end of term you'll realise that they are in fact easier than GCSEs.

This is in part due to the modular nature of them and the reduced number of subjects you'll be taking, but also thanks to the continued reduction in the content of the courses. Whoever said exams aren't getting easier clearly needs their head checked!

Anyway the best advice for A-level I can give is to buy a hardback notebook for each module, write down all your notes in that. Do the questions on paper and keep them and any question sheets in a file.
That way at the end of the course, you have a notebook full with nothing but the notes you need and a folder with the questions you've done to look back at.
Last edited by Splitter on Thu Mar 08, 07 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»§plíttèr/§plícè«
» ÐÇsß « » eNigma² «
Getting TK'd since 24/11/03
Splitter
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Debates