Essays

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby MainMan » Thu Mar 08, 07 10:26 pm

Splitter wrote:Don't worry about A-levels. With enough revision at the end of term you'll realise that they are in fact easier than GCSEs.
This is in part due to the modular nature of them and the reduced number of subjects you'll be taking, but also thanks to the continued reduction in the content of the courses. Whoever said exams aren't getting easier clearly needs their head checked!
Anyway the best advice for A-level I can give is to buy a hardback notebook for each module, write down all your notes in that. Do the questions on paper and keep them and any question sheets in a file. That way at the end of the course, you have a notebook full with nothing but the notes you need and a folder with the questions you've done to look back at.

Awesome, thanks for the advice dude. :)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Mar 08, 07 10:28 pm

I already know the AS History syllabus :P
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 08, 07 11:02 pm

I will het minors next year.Monday , thuesday , thursday and friday I will work on my major.Wednesday I might be traveling to attend at my minor lessons.
I might choose level B international finance and level B international administration.
At my minors level A = Beginner while level B = advanced.
Can't wait to check it out ^^
Thought I already find it a bit hard now lol
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Sat Mar 10, 07 7:23 pm

Exams are next week!

yeaaaaaaaaaaa
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Chococat » Sat Mar 10, 07 7:39 pm

I did AVCE's at college (which are equivalent to A levels). I got mostly A's in my essays but I struggle at exams apart from one exam which I got 100% in.
My previous year at uni was a proper fuck-about year, but it didn't count toward the final degree whereas this year does, so I take this year a lot more seriously. Hence the 5 nights out a week on the piss is now reduced to around 2 : )
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Mar 10, 07 7:54 pm

Chococat wrote:I did AVCE's at college (which are equivalent to A levels). I got mostly A's in my essays but I struggle at exams apart from one exam which I got 100% in.
My previous year at uni was a proper fuck-about year, but it didn't count toward the final degree whereas this year does, so I take this year a lot more seriously. Hence the 5 nights out a week on the piss is now reduced to around 2 : )

You're an everyday Jesus.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Sat Mar 10, 07 7:56 pm

I need Jesus sandals.

:(
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Allan » Sat Mar 10, 07 9:31 pm

Chococat wrote:I need Jesus sandals.

:(
Will these do? -> http://champashop.safeshopper.com/117/1205.htm?725
Allan
Alpha

Postby Krieg » Sat Mar 10, 07 9:50 pm

You can even walk on water with them.
I would walk to Hawai with them.
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Mar 10, 07 10:13 pm

Socks and sandals: The only way to get laid.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Re: Essays

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Mar 21, 07 3:24 pm

Chococat wrote:Nyyyaarghh!

Is anyone else at uni starting to get the essays piling up on them?
All my work has to be in by the end of next month (we finish end of April/beginning of May), but there's soooo much work to do which has to be in at the end of the year >: (

I got three 3000 word essays to be in, I have at least two 1200 word essays to be submitted, a presentation on mental health (which is supposed to be done in pairs but I have to do it on my own because theres an odd number of people in the class), two further stupid health essays and a proposal for my dissertation, its crap! So much friggin work for the next month : (

On the plus side we had people come in from The Priory today giving talks about their drug/alcohol addictions and stuff, which makes me really want to work with addictions now because it seems like a really interesting psychiatric ward to be involved in..

Oh well, back to my essay : (

(At least I have no exams this year : ))

I've got a 1400 word due in a week or two (although it'll be more like 1800 as I babble on a bit), I have weekly Discrete Maths/Computing tests, which I must pass, 3 weekly maths lectures, 1 weekly computing, many hours of background study, and I have 8 exams a year. (2 exams at the end of this study period)

Still yet to get into the whole management side... which will mean lots of typing out useless crap.

My Mum and Sister have twice my work load, because so far I already know most of the stuff...
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Previous

Return to Rants & Debates