sp[A]m gives me indigestion...

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

sp[A]m gives me indigestion...

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 2:41 pm

Yeah, just confirms what I always knew about A. Also confirms the desperation of admins and other "leaders" to abuse in order to win.

I'm tired of our leaders allowing [A] clan to insult and walk all over [FGS] members. I notice that FGS leaders have time to help out [A] members with lengthy projects like new servers, but don't have the time to answer simple questions from FGS like, why cant we upload our maps anymore etc. I offered money to Icho long ago, but got no reply. Then Icho complains about money in the Deja Surrender post. I notice that many people complain about dxms admins, especially spiderbot aka longcat. I notice that spiderbot infringes internet law by calling people "jew" and then banning them on dxms, also he calls for me to be banned from A forums, but gives no reason, despite I map for dxsg and helped the dxsg forums. Jon also states that "it is expected that not all of my beta maps will make it to a map pack". This is as useful as a one-legged man in asskicking wars. So WHICH maps should I work on, because you have seen them all on the server. My intelligence is being insulted or my time is being wasted in some way by A members, while their work is seen by all the world. I am being dicked about on a wild goose chase. I notice that my beta maps were removed from dxms server, but A members weren't despite no banners etc, and despite dibbuk and amtrack being two of the most popular maps. It's just little things I notice which tell the same story, that dxms make sure that A maps get fair treatment and anyone else gets "treatment" as prescribed above. Perhaps it is not conscious effort, just simply disrespect.

I believe the only people who should be deciding the maplist on DXMS and FGS are the players / forum users themselves. I know that Amtrack and Dibbuk are very good maps, liked by Nrob Nchinny and other good players etc...but dxms can only say " we win hard and full of win" if it is an A map.
My old beginner maps remain on FGS. I notice that FGS handed the decision on FGS maplist over to Jon too.
IMO "reality check" sucks, no-one plays it and why the sweet f are my beginner maps on there and not anything else since I've
made. I would prefer to not be embarrassed any further and have my beginner maps removed and replaced by maps I made that are actually proper maps.
Also it's crazy to me that A members have admin on FGS, but FGS members don't. I would like to see [FGS]Reaction's work on the FGS server 100 times more than I would like to see DXMP_Reality Check.
I dont want to see DXMS server list decided by A members. I feel it should be a vote by the entire public. I dont want to see FGS list decided by another clan. I believe the FGS server should benefit FGS mappers first, who are willing to pay.
It annoys me that my two noob maps are the only maps available on a server (FGS) in the whole of DXMP. Again I feel clan could discuss maplist
rather than be told by A clan what it is. Sanctuary and I put alot of work into developing the dxalpha.servegame.com forums, but it mysteriously disappeared with no thanks or explanation for the destruction of our efforts.

Basically I'm tired of my mapping career and clan history being run by sp[A]m.

I do not wish to be associated with A clan in the way that FGS is. I dont agree with the way the dxms is admin'd and have nothing further.
Clearly dxms leaders abuse admin, and I've seen it against FGS members.
You might as well change all dxms and fgs admin passwords, cos I leave.

Good luck Sanctuary and Kuchcik and Tidus and Reaction, I hope you get some training and clan wars etc...It was cool to be in the coolest and oldest clan in DX. Thanks Icho for the help with IA and mapping help in the beginning.

Anyone who wishes to rent me a decent server plz e-mail me thanks.

Just stop trying to be so clever Jon, Spidey, , Deja and all you supposedly leet people... jeez I feel sorry for you guys that you have to do this shit to win...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 2:45 pm

DXMS has nothing to do with [A] at all. Take this to the DXMS boards, not here. I kind of don't like your posts. I can't read them easily ---> PARAGRAPHS!!
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 2:55 pm

I dont like my posts either...

this has something to do with A and DX...

And I dont like your clan cheating.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Sat May 05, 07 2:57 pm

I hope this doesn't sound offensive to anyone, but all maps by Jon and Max belong to Mapping Society, not Alpha. They haven't made any releases as members of [A] Labs (besides maybe BigFlyingChristmas).
Last edited by Dae on Sat May 05, 07 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 3:00 pm

you are right I'm sorry for that... my point is really this, you deleted my post about Spiderbot abusing admin previously, now this post from Jon really confirms that anyone considering a clan war on the dmxs server should think twice about clan war with A. Good luck Dae...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Sat May 05, 07 3:05 pm

You must fight the system shadowrunner, they are out to get all of us. Every step you make on these forums for example is being stored, processed and analyzed.

Basically, its posts like that what makes me like you so much! XD

Contact me on msn dammit, I seem to get your email wrong each time
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 3:05 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:you are right I'm sorry for that... my point is really this, you deleted my post about Spiderbot abusing admin previously, now this post from Jon really confirms that anyone considering a clan war on the dmxs server should think twice about clan war with A. Good luck Dae...

Want to know why he hates Spaz? Spaz impersonates [A] members. He has impersonated about 10 people so far. Also [REN] members. He has a bad ingame attitude, and makes games in DXMS less fun. Banning him is the best solution.

Now, what EXACT mod did he install? UserControl or AdvBan?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat May 05, 07 3:07 pm

All the clanwars we played and will play on DXMS server will be held without any cheats from our or admin's side. I'm strongly against what was happening on [Fire] war, but I'm certain that this won't repeat on a 'serious' clanwar.
What mods Jon installs on his server is his own business. We are different people with different points of view, and the clan isn't supposed to change opinions or correct someone's behavior.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Jon » Sat May 05, 07 3:10 pm

You have no right to post that screenshot - the forum section is open only to a handful of DXMS server admins, and only ones that have made the greatest effort in the community at that. I posted that there in full confidence that no members would take advantage of it, and even so, warning was stated.

As for your maps, the ones given were up for over a week for public testing, nothing more - If you want to host maps that have faults in them for any prolonged amount of time, feel free. You should know by now that all DXMS maps are hosted online before being brought down and added to the list of maps needing editing or ready for the next pack.

If you think you can blame this clan for your own attitude towards the DXMS server, you're too wrong - Max and I have been together since too long ago, so who the fuck do you think you are to come on here and have a hissy fit at our clan, purely because we have one other thing in common apart from being in the DXMS.

The only [A] members apart from the aforementioned that have admin abilities are Alex and Daedalus - If you opened your fucking eyes, you'd notice that they are among the most respected editors in the DX community, and wake up - DXMS is dedicated to editors, not gameplay. If you want your maps hosted, do it on FGS 1 or 2 - DXMS is for modders, not necessarily for gamers. If that wasn't the case, Wunderland 3 would still be up, hosting the usual 0 augged games. Don't you dare associate these people with the likes of DejaVu.

I'll say it again - DXMS is about modders, not players; the server is just that - a game server. If you don't like it, jog on.

DXMS is only associated to FGS through a hosting service. I myself have had nothing to do with the clan since my leave, last year. I don't change any settings on those servers, let alone the maplist. The last person to edit the maplist was IchoTolot, who had consulted me on the playability of the maps over a year ago. If you're having a bitchfest because of the fact that your latest maps aren't on the FGS servers, this is the wrong damn forum.

I apologise for my use of language, bit it is rare that I lose my nerve. ShadowRunner, I'm going to take this topic as a direct abuse of your priveledges on the DXMS forum board, and as a result I'm revoking those priveledges.

I must stress that for anyone else wishing to challenge the [A] clan through the DXMS server, that the server has a bare minimum of ServerActors and ServerPackages attached to it. See Attachment.
Attachments
VirtualDXMS.JPG
Direct screenshot of DXMS match server DeusEx.ini file
(97.01 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Jon
Alpha

Postby Jon » Sat May 05, 07 3:21 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Now, what EXACT mod did he install? UserControl or AdvBan?

Originally UserControl, now replaced with AdvBan.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 3:21 pm

Jon wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:Now, what EXACT mod did he install? UserControl or AdvBan?

Originally UserControl, now replaced with AdvBan.

Problem solved ShadowRunner. Now stop being bitchy.
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 3:24 pm

Alex I dont see you complain about Jons paragraphs. Many paragraphs, but no explanation for inviting admins to abuse other players.

The only excuse I see offered so far is that you want to stoop to Spaz's level. What makes you think I would want to do that. Spaz didnt impersonate me. This does relate very much to A clan then this topic. It is not a hissy fit, I'm laughing that you guys just told me it was because Spaz impersonates you.

No-one doubts your hard work Jon, but why you and Spidey throw it away by stooping to these jerk's level? You cant ban someone who already left btw, same goes for these forums.

Alex, once again you were incorrect, blahblahblah...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 3:29 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:Alex I dont see you complain about Jons paragraphs. Many paragraphs, but no explanation for inviting admins to abuse other players.

The only excuse I see offered so far is that you want to stoop to Spaz's level. What makes you think I would want to do that. Spaz didnt impersonate me. This does relate very much to A clan then this topic. It is not a hissy fit, I'm laughing that you guys just told me it was because Spaz impersonates you.

No-one doubts your hard work Jon, but why you and Spidey throw it away by stooping to these jerk's level? You cant ban someone who already left btw, same goes for these forums.

Alex, once again you were incorrect, blahblahblah...

Spaz impersonates me, and also other players, such as Clix. Is Clix in [A]? Not at all! And another thing, of course I don't complain about Jons paragraphs, BECAUSE HE USES THEM A LOT! Your posts are not clear to me, a lot of paragraphs is good. Now, stop bitching.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sat May 05, 07 3:35 pm

The important part here as I understand comes partly down to whether to respond to childishness with more childishness. Younger players with appropriate privileges are known to cause all sort of problems, in different clans that hands out those privileges.

Responding to Spaz' gayness with UserControl is childish even if psychologically rewarding.
Responding to Spaz' gayness with AdvBan is proper way of solving the matter.

Certain people who have replied to your thread here shadowrunner have themselves caused enough problems due to excess privileges handed to them, but that was a while ago I hope, coming here accusing whole clan will do you no good.

The way I see this odd mod called "User Control" is that one can make any mod he chooses to, but once he abuses it you can easily tear down the reputation of the named server/abuser and create enough jokes about the situation :)
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Jon » Sat May 05, 07 3:36 pm

Spaz's Impersonations have nothing to do with the clan but a mutual hate. That comment was to example towards other DXMS admins of in which cases the mutator should be used - My problem, not [A]'s.

Alex has explained the need for such measures, and also why there was reference to Spaz in the screenshot you've taken. In short, Alex has been spot on from the word go. What Max does when hes in the server is his concern, and will be dealt with if I see that it has not been appropriate. Not that it is any of your business, but the amount of times I've spoken to him about such things is quite a bit more than none at all.

Those who could read the topic in question, as I've already stated, are those who have made the most impact in the DXMS community, and whom I have known for as long as I care to remember my DX career. It's just a shame that you had to breach the privacy of such a topic so soon after I had trusted you to be responsible with the abilities you were given.
Jon
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sat May 05, 07 4:38 pm

What Max does when hes in the server is his concern, and will be dealt with if I see that it has not been appropriate.

You will deal with it once there have been complaints and evidence has been presented.

Something Daedalus never did when Alex attacked my site, several times.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat May 05, 07 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 4:40 pm

That comment was to example towards other DXMS admins of in which cases the mutator should be used - My problem, not [A]'s.

I dont see any case in which it should be used to edit files on someone else's computer at all.

breach of trust? It is I who trust you, when I put dmxs tag on my map.
This is not an attack on A, but clearly there are some issues with this mod and with the leaders of this community.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Magus » Sat May 05, 07 4:42 pm

If Jon hadn't already dealt with you by now, I'd smack you in the face with the good ol' Ban-Whip.

I must commend your lateness in betraying what we considered well-placed trust in you, though - those posts are like, two weeks old.
-- Magus "Ours is not to question, only to act!"

Magus
Addict

Postby Professor Layton » Sat May 05, 07 4:55 pm

Well, I think the use of MMUserControl was just the only way people could think of, to get rid of people who constantly can change their whole IP, rendering any kind of range ban useless. While it, of course, kinda sounds like a harsh way to get rid of those people, one should remind that the people who would get affected by this mutator, should have been banned already, but keep coming back.

At that point, MMUserControl was probably the only way one could think of to get rid of people who change their IP constantly, so I don't see it as a lame way to get rid of people. (assuming the mod will only be used on people who keep avoiding bans with their dynamic IP crap)

Now Alex found out a new way to ban people, in a different way than banning an IP adress/range, there's a proper way to get rid of people with dynamic ip's. And nice thing about this mod is that it does in fact get rid of them, not just annoy them with a DX with fucked up binds, which could be countered easily by having a special DX for that crap. (Although sometimes a range can be banned, I don't feel comfortable banning a range like 111.222.*.* for example, as it governs 256²=65536 IP adresses, which is quite much for just one guy, so there's a chance others would be effected too.)
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 5:09 pm

trust? you idiots should have rose above the shit you allege spaz did. I would do this every time, if you fakkas ask me to admin or join your clan and I catch you fakking other players. of course I will have none of it.

I'm really tired of this shit
BUSCADOS

lagbot CAUSAR LAG
[darth]4[lucifer] CERRAR EL SERVER

COJIDOS POR IP

DENY,88.106.76.97 SUCKMIBALLS - CHEATER TRUCOS MULTIPLES DISPAROS DE GEP , HABLAR COMO UN ADMIN
DENY,71.109.19.110 HK-SHEPDERBRED - CHEATER LAMS INFINITAS
DENY,72.1.199.147:63090 EL GAB HACKER
DENY,72.1.199.147 EL GAB HACKER
DENY,213.216.252.17 COPIA NOMBRES Y CHEATER
DENY,213.216.242 POSIBLEMENTE EL ANTERIOR TAMBIEN
DENY,87.229.8.10 BPLA CHEATER

And I'm wondering when you fakkas are going to stop doing this shit to each other and just fakking play the fakking game, cos otherwise this games deserve to die.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Sat May 05, 07 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby clyzm » Sat May 05, 07 5:10 pm

We're not associated with DXMS. Don't stereotype innocent [A] members.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat May 05, 07 5:16 pm

dude of course not every A member is a dxms member. and not every dxms admin is a A member.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby clyzm » Sat May 05, 07 5:17 pm

Then don't say "[A] did this, [A] did that", say Spiderbot, Jon or whoever else is associated with DXMS.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Professor Layton » Sat May 05, 07 5:20 pm

Shadowrunner, that post with the quote of banned people, is it pointed to A, DXMS, or whole community?

If you're pointing to the whole community, I'd recommend you'd stop right away with playing online games, every online game has hackers / cheaters / bug abusers, only thing the community can do is discourage crap like that and make protections against that stuff.
Last edited by Professor Layton on Sat May 05, 07 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Zantinzuken » Sat May 05, 07 5:58 pm

I don't trust anyone who has the ability to access my Deus Ex system files.

Use the new ban system, using this usercontrol thing was/is pathetic.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Jon » Sat May 05, 07 5:59 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:I dont see any case in which it should be used to edit files on someone else's computer at all.

You really don't stop, do you.

• You accuse me of not hosting your maps for the reasons of my own clan.
  • You accuse those few [A] members that do have admin on the DXMS server of cheating in clan wars.
  • You accuse DXMS admins and [A] admins of abusing the MMUserControl Mutator on the DXMS server.

You're really starting to piss me off here, ShadowRunner. In rebuttal to these claims:

• Those maps that are on the server were chosen through the new CRD mod - the mod records how many times each map is played. Your maps, however, were only up for testing and are not in a map pack yet. I'm not going to be held responsible for someone decaching one of your maps and editing it.
  • 3 different types of DeusEx game are hosted on dxms.org; match server, public server, and multiDX server. The only servers that even have this mutator on are public and multiDX, and match server passwords are known only to myself and the primary challenger, often not an [A] member. This means that 9 times out of 10, [A] members have no change of cheating.
  • I must congratulate you on publicly displaying the original screenshot of my topic post - not a single [A] member knew about the presence of the UserControl mutator on the DXMS server until you flapped your jaw.

I'm really sick of you.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 6:08 pm

Zantinzuken wrote:I don't trust anyone who has the ability to access my Deus Ex system files.

Use the new ban system, using this usercontrol thing was/is pathetic.

All we can do is change binds. That's it.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Sat May 05, 07 6:16 pm

Can you not check passwords off people's .ini's?

Better off without the mod, seeing as your new ban system is more effective. I don't trust people on DXMS all the time, any admin could come on, get beat, then decide to mess around with the person. I'm not accusing anyone directly, but it happens with the best of servers.

Doesn't matter now anyway, I assume he changed it by his reply to you.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Jon » Sat May 05, 07 6:19 pm

Zantinzuken wrote:Can you not check passwords off people's .ini's?

No - any output would be to the client.

Who would you think to be a responsible admin in favour of the current ones?
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat May 05, 07 6:19 pm

No, we can't see any passwords that are in .ini's.
Alex
Alpha

Next

Return to Rants & Debates