I think FGS need a mutator...

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

I think FGS need a mutator...

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Mar 26, 08 8:03 am

I'm a lazy bastard I should work more, play DX too much, don't have the cash right now for a box and running 3 servers and MMCity right now, but definitely it is planned.

In the meantime FGS are struggling to accomodate various games and mods on the one server...

Is it possible to either learn myself how to do it, or be lucky enough to have someone help, in return for whatever, create I think, thanks to a convo with [GPF]Face who made the airstrike mod, a "mutator" that allows the following...

If DXSG map wins the mapvote, then Tactical mod and SuperRocket will be downloaded and players will play the map with Augs and Normal Grav and Superweapons, i.e. LAW etc is not bLAW=False etc...

If an Altfire map or "space" map wins the mapvote then low grav kicks in, tnag gets downloaded and players will play a 0-aug Altfire game... Second versions of space-themed DXSG maps can exist, so players can vote whether to fight Orbital with augs and tactical, or tnag and low grav etc...

If a WW2 map e.g. Landernau wins the vote, again WW2 weps will be available along with normal grav.

If Airstrike map or any other map, then CS weapons are used and normal grav

This mutator needs to work with the voting system, but also with admins mapchanging...so basically upon mapchange...

Our server is dedicated and rented, the hoster was pestered quite a bit to change the commandline. start.bat etc to get everything working, so we don't want to have to do this too much also.

Pissing in the wind? Taking a long walk off a short bridge? Entering an asskicking contest with one leg? Or is this feasible and likely to happen?
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Wed Mar 26, 08 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Wed Mar 26, 08 8:35 am

That mod? Impossible. Sorry kid.
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Mar 26, 08 9:25 am

Dayeem!!

well a second server is possible then...

thx
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Wed Mar 26, 08 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Return to Modifications