More Questions :)

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

More Questions :)

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Wed Aug 29, 07 12:04 pm

*sighs*

one:
how do i edit maps to put weapons on them... i looked on ur archive i couldnt find anything that i understodd and i dun wanna install sdk cause by the looks of it it reinstalls my deusex o.o

two:
how do i get my Map voting thing to show ALL maps (cept sing player) cause all its showing is DXMP maps....

three:
what are DXMTL default commands? cause i wanna active the mutator with a few minor edits but i dunno how to reset it back to defaults :(

ie: default grav / ground friction
defaULT aircontrol/jump etc

four:
what are all the standered admin commands?? cause thers someone i wanna ban while in game >_>
Last edited by -=BrotherBear=- on Wed Aug 29, 07 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 29, 07 12:20 pm

If you want to edit a map, you need SDK. Or you write a mod that spawns the weapons.
Alex
Alpha

Re: More Questions :)

Postby Jon » Wed Aug 29, 07 12:25 pm

Brother Bear wrote:how do i edit maps to put weapons on them... i looked on ur archive i couldnt find anything that i understodd and i dun wanna install sdk cause by the looks of it it reinstalls my deusex o.o

Tutorial
Jon
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Wed Aug 29, 07 3:47 pm

ok installed sdk .. but theres 3 other questions i asked o.o
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Dae » Wed Aug 29, 07 5:27 pm

Brother Bear wrote:how do i get my Map voting thing to show ALL maps (cept sing player) cause all its showing is DXMP maps....

When hosting server, go to "Advanced options" (right click on Deus Ex icon in tray and choose that in a menu), Mutators > DX Map Vote and set bUseMapListOnly to False and bFilterSPMaps to False.

Brother Bear wrote:what are DXMTL default commands? cause i wanna active the mutator with a few minor edits but i dunno how to reset it back to defaults

In the same "Advanced options" window, there is a button "Reset to defaults" near each section you expanded.

P.S. Next time direct your hosting related questions to Tech issues forum and editing — to "Editing issues".
Last edited by Dae on Wed Aug 29, 07 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Wed Aug 29, 07 11:06 pm

ok i did that with the map mutator... and it just added all the singleplayer maps

and there are no default values for the dxmtl.. when i click restore defaults nothing happens.

and will do :)
Last edited by -=BrotherBear=- on Wed Aug 29, 07 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 30, 07 12:17 pm

Brother Bear wrote:and there are no default values for the dxmtl.. when i click restore defaults nothing happens.

Alright

Code: Select all
[mPack1.ModifyZoneInfo]
GravityValue=-750.000000
bChangeNonStandardZones=True
bGodModeZone=False
GroundFriction=8.000000
FluidFriction=1.200000
bInitialized=True

Code: Select all
[mPack1.ModifyPlayerSettings]
JumpScale=1.100000
GroundSpeedScale=1.000000
WaterSpeedScale=1.000000
AirSpeedScale=1.000000
AirControl=0.050000
HitDamageScale=1.000000
bInitialized=True

And yeah, I misunderstood you a little bit about the maps.

MapVote mutator has two modes.
1. It either reads the list of maps everything from the game's map list (you have to add maps there manually) or
2. ...scans Maps/ folder to the files with DXMP_ prefix.

If you want to add some custom map which doesn't have a DXMP_ prefix, you have to use the first mode. To do that, set bUseMapListOnly to True, then in the same "Advanced options" window go to DXMTL -> Map List Editor -> Maps, and type in the map names.
Last edited by Dae on Thu Aug 30, 07 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Thu Aug 30, 07 12:51 pm

Dae[A] wrote:If you want to add some custom map which doesn't have a DXMP_ prefix, you have to use the first mode. To do that, set bUseMapListOnly to True, then in the same "Advanced options" window go to DXMTL -> Map List Editor -> Maps, and type in the map names.

um... thats a lot of maps...
do i just add the DXPZ or whatever.. into it? and leave the dxmp out?? cause if i have to add them thats over 300 maps

p.s: ty for the default values
Last edited by -=BrotherBear=- on Thu Aug 30, 07 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 30, 07 3:19 pm

You can't add more than 32 maps and I wouldn't recommend adding more than 20. In this case "more" doesn't mean "better"; most of players wouldn't wait till the list of 300 maps load — they would simply close the window.
Dae
Alpha

Postby -=BrotherBear=- » Thu Aug 30, 07 5:12 pm

Dae[A] wrote:You can't add more than 32 maps and I wouldn't recommend adding more than 20. In this case "more" doesn't mean "better"; most of players wouldn't wait till the list of 300 maps load — they would simply close the window.

*sigh*

ill guess ill do that... ill add my fav maps :) and only about 20-25 like u said.... is it ok is i delete the original maps?
-=BrotherBear=-
Poster

Return to Modifications