Real Leaving Present [Leave Public, Do Not Move Thread]

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Main Man » Sun Nov 18, 07 2:56 pm

EntityReborn wrote:well... im actually taking a look at the code right now... and everything is saved into his deusex.ini. I myself am trying to make the server work, but i keep dying on entry like if a bad password were entered. I also cant completely compile the source as there are errors in the code. fudged to prevent compiling? classes removed?

No. It's unfinished, it's mid-version. (not ready for release.) I didn't give it out to be hosted, cause it won't work, only for educational purposes.
Thanks
Main Man

Postby Main Man » Sun Nov 18, 07 2:58 pm

If you want to host it, find V1.5 or whatever the latest one was, then get the ContenderServer.u package or whatever the hell it was from system folder in the source release. You don't necessarily need a mysql, but you need to set up your deus ex server to run as a webserver with a uweb application, and then you need to look in the source to find out how to query it to register a password for the game.

Basically, any released version of the game is capable of being hosted, if you have the contenderserver package, which is server-side, so it wasnt needed for clients. Don't try to compile it to host, and I don't recommend rebuilding the map geometry either.
Last edited by Main Man on Sun Nov 18, 07 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
Main Man

Postby {17}agentsmith » Sun Nov 18, 07 5:53 pm

gdgd
hmmm i did wonder if it would properly compile, i havent been able to check though because i dont have the game installed on my laptop
is there anything that cant be fixed?

i really do need to know more about the SQL bit though in order to progress, unless we take away the registration system and make it like a normal passworded server to prevent download lag
say include the password with the mod download>
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Osiris » Sun Nov 18, 07 9:28 pm

Main Man wrote:If you want to host it, find V1.5 or whatever the latest one was, then get the ContenderServer.u package or whatever the hell it was from system folder in the source release. You don't necessarily need a mysql, but you need to set up your deus ex server to run as a webserver with a uweb application, and then you need to look in the source to find out how to query it to register a password for the game.

Basically, any released version of the game is capable of being hosted, if you have the contenderserver package, which is server-side, so it wasnt needed for clients. Don't try to compile it to host, and I don't recommend rebuilding the map geometry either.

Where could i find a download of 1.5? also ContenderServer.u was not in the system folder of the source release as far as i could tell.
Another thing, Quick Search on google gave no results for uweb application Deus Ex. Am i being a complete nub?
Last edited by Osiris on Sun Nov 18, 07 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osiris
Wannabe

Postby {17}agentsmith » Mon Nov 19, 07 6:00 pm

nah i cant say i remembered it being in there
i can try and send you the installer for 1.5 once im back on my old pc but it might take awhile to send
i dnt know of it being hosted on the internet anywhere though ever since the mainsite was taken down
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Main Man » Mon Nov 19, 07 8:11 pm

I'm pretty sure that it is in there. Just to be sure, here it is anyway
Attachments
ContenderServer.u
(10 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
Thanks
Main Man

Postby {17}agentsmith » Mon Nov 19, 07 8:56 pm

ahhh yeah i see it
thanks anyways :)
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Osiris » Tue Nov 20, 07 1:15 am

thx i managed to find the uweb here in the downlaods section, but if i could get a linky to 1.5 thatd be great. I can provide a FTP upload point if neccessary.
Osiris
Wannabe

Postby {17}agentsmith » Tue Nov 20, 07 10:55 am

ah yeah i remember starting to set up uweb on mine
if someone would talk me through the process of doing it and setting up the query i would be very greatful :)
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Osiris » Wed Nov 21, 07 2:13 am

look on the downlolads area for DX web admin pack. that has a readme and the files.
Osiris
Wannabe

Postby {17}agentsmith » Wed Nov 21, 07 5:56 pm

yeah i would need help with the password query though which MM speaks about above
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Max » Sat Mar 01, 08 12:37 pm

ok l know l am posting on a oldish topic but this will be one of the places main man will look if he ever comes back

Hey

Main Man wrote:
If you want to host it, find V1.5 or whatever the latest one was, then get the ContenderServer.u package or whatever the hell it was from system folder in the source release. You don't necessarily need a mysql, but you need to set up your deus ex server to run as a webserver with a uweb application, and then you need to look in the source to find out how to query it to register a password for the game.

l got the Uweb working!!!

so l am trying to host it l just dont seem to get the registration tho

he tells me to look in the souce so l look in ContenderSite.uc (l think this is the write place)

so l think!!!

and so to my DeusEx.ini

l am trying to add

Code: Select all
Applications[2]=ContenderSite.Query
ApplicationPaths[2]=/MMCity

to

Code: Select all
[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=DXServerAdmin.DXServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=DXServerAdmin.DXImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True

but every time l host the server it overrides it

plz help me l know l have probily goten no were near the solution but l am deturmined to try!!!!!!!
Last edited by Max on Sat Mar 01, 08 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making a custom Game Type
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 01, 08 12:40 pm

When saving in DeusEx.ini, also copy the entire thing into Default.ini
Alex
Alpha

Postby Max » Sat Mar 01, 08 1:02 pm

testing testing darn it works but dousent do wat l wana do l musta taken a wrong turn
Last edited by Max on Sat Mar 01, 08 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making a custom Game Type
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby Shinobi » Mon Feb 21, 11 4:54 pm

BUMPITY.

Is it still possible to host MMCity?
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Kaiden » Mon Feb 21, 11 6:19 pm

He never released a version that you could just pick up and host, you'd need to do a lot of work on it. No idea where you can download .5 though.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Shinobi » Mon Feb 21, 11 6:22 pm

I feel cheated. Joined DXMP back in '06, never got the chance to play MMCity, it actually sounds rather good, as far as being varied and 'fresh' to dxmp.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Previous

Return to Modifications