MainManCity

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

MainManCity

Postby Max » Sat Mar 01, 08 11:50 pm

trying to host MainManCity lol l kno wthis is old but l know l can get help 2

ok plz l instelledit put ContenderServer in my system folder

now l start a dedicated server hosting MainManCity

then l click the Play MainMan's City and it comes up with the login

then l tupe the Game password in(l think this is were l go wrong)

and l then start connecting and l spawn now l get a lockpick multitool and a medpack thats not wright and the inventory dousenot changecoller when l go into a unsafe area and when l click a button to buy somthing l get

somthing that looks a bit like

ScriptWarning: MMRPGBuyButton MainMansCity.MMRPGBuyButton55 (Function Contender.MMRPGBuyButton.Frob:002C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MMRPGBuyButton MainMansCity.MMRPGBuyButton55 (Function Contender.MMRPGBuyButton.Frob:007E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MMRPGBuyButton MainMansCity.MMRPGBuyButton55 (Function Contender.MMRPGBuyButton.Frob:00A7) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MMRPGBuyButton MainMansCity.MMRPGBuyButton55 (Function Contender.MMRPGBuyButton.Frob:00AF) Attempt to assigned variable through None
>

and talking to a man in coffes shop

ScriptWarning: RPGMan MainMansCity.RPGMan1 (Function Contender.RPGMan.Frob:0083) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: RPGMan MainMansCity.RPGMan1 (Function Contender.RPGMan.Frob:00A5) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: RPGMan MainMansCity.RPGMan1 (Function Contender.RPGMan.Frob:010C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: RPGMan MainMansCity.RPGMan1 (Function Contender.RPGMan.Frob:011C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: RPGMan MainMansCity.RPGMan1 (Function Contender.RPGMan.Frob:0155) Accessed None

l think l may know the problem

l think it is that when l enter l use the GamePassword: in the deusex.ini to enter so l achily never register on somthing l need some help can any one help me with the registration system plz THX
Making a custom Game Type
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 02, 08 9:38 am

Nah, I also hosted it (and got it to work as well, in 20 minutes of time) but it looks that the entire mod is bugged. Those Accessed None things are bugs in the script.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Max » Sun Mar 02, 08 11:27 am

well wat you mean by working??? just hosting ???

and l think the reson you cant pressthe buttons or talk is you may not have a acount registerd and it not work becsuse it only works it you have a acount thats what the ContenderSite.uc is all about

and well l took a step forwould l managed to get

Current Players: 1/9 when l was in it

and

Account set up successfully. on a web page l just need help to know where the passwords are stalled as l cant find any l have managed to chace it back to

Code: Select all
Static function WritePW(int index, string pw)
{
   Default.paxxword[index] = pw;

}

in InvContender.uc

this is mant to wright it to some were plz help me know where it wrights is to

and this gets the password!!!

Static function string getPW(int index)
{
   //return Default.paxxword[index];

local string str;
   local string str2;

str = "paxxword["$Index$"]";

str2 = Class'InvContender'.Static.GetConfig("Contender.InvContender", str);
   return str2;

}

plz l kneed to know were it wrights the passwords!!!![/code]
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby Max » Tue Mar 04, 08 9:00 am

Alex wrote:Nah, I also hosted it (and got it to work as well, in 20 minutes of time) but it looks that the entire mod is bugged. Those Accessed None things are bugs in the script.

ok well l am prity shore the mod is not buged as l used this stuff not to long ago

and l think l know wats wrong!!!!!!!!

if you look in Contender then under InvContender.uc you might see wat l mean!!!!!!!

if you don't l think l do

you will see this

class InvContender extends Actor config(DeusEx);

l think you know wat this means so l will continue there are a shit load of things witch are mant to be wrighten to your DeusEx.ini file but absulutly none of it is being wrighten so l need help on this plzz!!!
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby Batchy » Tue Mar 04, 08 9:13 am

When i last looked at the scripts, it checked a database for your password. So setup a quick mysql db and test it.
Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby Max » Tue Mar 04, 08 9:22 am

well if

Static function string getPW(int index)
{
   //return Default.paxxword[index];

local string str;
   local string str2;

str = "paxxword["$Index$"]";

str2 = Class'InvContender'.Static.GetConfig("Contender.InvContender", str);
   return str2;

}

looks like it gets it from the data bass and the

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Confi ... .Ini_Files

that is all about the engein is wrong then yep l will set up a databass thing
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby {17}agentsmith » Tue Mar 04, 08 6:39 pm

i also tried hosting recently and found problems
i'd love to help you getting it working though :)
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Max » Tue Mar 04, 08 8:59 pm

wats your prob l may be able to help
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Postby {17}agentsmith » Tue Mar 04, 08 10:03 pm

just some missing things but its all sorted now, I'm offering to help you with it though if your trying to get it going
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Max » Wed Mar 05, 08 10:42 am

all right!!!!

well just gona test somthing then l will be right back
creating an RPG Game
Max
Poster

Return to Modifications