[Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[Project] DeusEx RPG vehicles mod - MSDriving1_2

Postby DxPlayer » Fri Sep 18, 09 11:58 pm

Hello dudes,
My friend WCCC is developing a mod which allows using cars in DeusEx (no, it is not Dj's car mod or any other car mod, the code is 100% original from Wccc).
The cars support upgrades (using a rpg-like system), armory and give the player real-time information about the car state in a window.
The driving style is first person, the driver see from the car's front.

Check out a video of the testing here:
http://www.xfire.com/video/13fbd5/

Helicopter:
http://www.xfire.com/video/142399/

The final version is going to have cars from real-life, like Lamborghinis etc...

This mod IS NOT an opponent to Dj's one, the driving style is different and the focus is being used in RPG servers.
When released, we recomend you play them both.

Cya dudes =).
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby MainMan » Sat Sep 19, 09 12:19 am

No offence but it's really jittery with the movement. If I were you I would make the whole thing much simpler, make the mesh of the inhand item a car view frame, etc. That would be much better.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Sep 19, 09 12:30 am

Thx for the comment :D
Its still heavily a beta and a good chunk of its jitters is from the video taker, if you look at the beginnnig of the car video everything down to walking and animation playing before i get in the car is jittery too. :wink:

Cya dude :)
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sat Sep 19, 09 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby MainMan » Sat Sep 19, 09 12:45 am

Yeah but when you speed it up, it will still jitter. (I speak from experience, I made a skateboard ages ago in my mod). AFAIK, there's no way to bind another object ideally smoothly to the player, even if you do it at the root level of the player's movement processing, which is why I recommend you make the object an inhand one.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Allan » Sat Sep 19, 09 12:45 am

This kinda reminds me of the boat I once made for FLCity.

Except you seem to control the speed of this yourself, whereas the FLCity boat sped up to max speed slowly, but automatically.

Not a bad attempt, and I am impressed with the use of a text-box for debug.
(Edit: lol same post-time as MM.)
Last edited by Allan on Sat Sep 19, 09 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Sep 19, 09 8:32 am

Pretty nice.

Although needs lots of fixing, Kinda reminds me to make my vehicles work on MP more clearly.

Anyway, good luck.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Sat Sep 19, 09 3:23 pm

MænMan wrote:Yeah but when you speed it up, it will still jitter. (I speak from experience, I made a skateboard ages ago in my mod). AFAIK, there's no way to bind another object ideally smoothly to the player, even if you do it at the root level of the player's movement processing, which is why I recommend you make the object an inhand one.
I remember that :D
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Sep 19, 09 3:44 pm

MænMan wrote:Yeah but when you speed it up, it will still jitter. (I speak from experience, I made a skateboard ages ago in my mod). AFAIK, there's no way to bind another object ideally smoothly to the player, even if you do it at the root level of the player's movement processing, which is why I recommend you make the object an inhand one.

Actually, you are right, it jitters, but the movement can be fixed a bit, rather than movement like 'walking-in-mid-air' it can be fixed.

I've done a vehicle modification myself, that was in beta, but I never really posted the video here.

Anyway, as I was saying, movement can be fixed. :o
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Sat Sep 19, 09 7:33 pm

Finally registered here guys, anywho the jitters is the video taker, I swear, because my vehicles do not use set location commands for movement, it uses velocity settings, so its as smooth as it can be. And to main man, I'm trying to avoid a custom player class here, so far I'm doing good at it, and the use of an in hand item sounds kinda... trashy, to me. Plus I haven't bought my Lightwave 3d yet, so I can't make any new meshes. Thanks for your suggestions guys, it's much appreaciated. Plus I'll probably make an update soon with some new vehicles, upgrades, or weapons or something like that, but in the mean time, it's a beta, :P
F*cking college... you're not my best friend anymore.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Sep 19, 09 7:51 pm

Good luck, and yeah, I haven't created new player class either, :oops:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Sat Sep 19, 09 7:53 pm

no need to be ashamed, DJ. That's a good thing, makes it more compatible and easier to use.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Sep 19, 09 9:35 pm

erm.. Okay............?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 19, 09 10:58 pm

Uh how does it sound trashy?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Sep 20, 09 12:35 am

Cataclysm has a point thar, I dint even noticed, why not models/animation/hands view?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Sun Sep 20, 09 6:34 am

I don't know, it just sounds like that to me as the thought of using an in hand item as opposed to an actual window and constant function s built into deus ex decos and etc
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby WCCC » Mon Sep 21, 09 5:53 am

:evil: due to recent tests under DXMP conditions, the rpg like system of upgrading and buying part is f*cked. it used a car to window system and i tried making it work the other way around and allowing it in the cars repli, but that didnt work for god knows why... so instead cars will just have preset weapons and stats in DXMP, so far there are 4 types of guns(including the new repeater weapon) and 3 types of vehicles (van, helicopter, ridable dragon-greasel thing) and probably some more on their way, i will probably make two new videos soon and post the links here about the new weapon and the new ridable vehicle. current stats are for each weapon are as follows:
Assault Gun: 1 shot spread, 5 damage per round, maximum of 10 rounds per second, red muzzle flash, 500 ammo per gun
Assault Shotgun: 5 pellet spread, 6 damage per pellet, maximum of 1.81 rounds per second, green muzzle flash, 150 ammo per gun
Machine RPG: 1 shot spread, 100 damage per rocket with a blast radius of 80, maximum of 4.16 rounds per second, no muzzle flash, 100 ammo per gun
Repeater: 6 shot spread(25% worse accuracy), 8 damage per pellet, maximum of 1.33 rounds per second, blue muzzle flash, 100 ammo per gun

please note that all weapons are dual wielded and all weapons have unlimited ammo in DXMP

also, ive been getting cleanup errors in multiplayer, this is the last thing preventing me from releasing it in mp. Any help would be much appreaciated , and I'd be glad to give you anyone who helps some credit. The mod will be protected but will be released with enough source for others to easily make custom vehicles.

With many :D's, WCCC
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby WCCC » Sun Sep 27, 09 6:10 am

I've updated my vehicles with a new destruction system, its still a beta but heres a link to an example, the cars have x-many hit points, explode, disappear, and respawn in their original position/rotation. vid's link: http://www.xfire.com/video/14d2b6/
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~s0ap~ » Sun Nov 15, 09 7:03 am

My dream has come true haha except it would be sweet if you could do that with some of the vehicles in the dxrv mod thingy and if you could see the steering wheel, gas petal etc. Also if the car was stick :p
~s0ap~
Wannabe

Postby {HK} » Sat Mar 20, 10 4:34 pm

SWEET MOD!!
{HK}
Wannabe

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 21, 10 1:39 pm

thanks lol, sadly i haven't worked on it in a while, but you can pick up its beta-ish version at the fgs clan forum post, i think dxp alex posted a link?
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 21, 10 3:24 pm

Negative :P

Im posting it right now:
http://gravity-world.com/viewtopic.php?p=35323#p35323
To download the mod you need to login.
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sun Mar 21, 10 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby {HK} » Mon Mar 22, 10 12:43 pm

Awesome!

I'm going to host a server again. And this will probably be on it.

Keep up the awesome mods.
{HK}
Wannabe

Postby WCCC » Mon Mar 22, 10 10:24 pm

ya well these cars are still heavily a beta at this point, so they are very buggy, lots of them together makes some lag, so make sure you get a good, solid server, and they can't go up or down hills... its a pain in the ass tbh, and i cba to try to compete with native physics. but they are summonable and work on the go, which is awesome, but you need to summon a msdriving1_2f.carkeys to use them. thanks for all your kind words

~WCCC~
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Alistair » Tue Mar 23, 10 5:33 am

Heh cool idea man. This might sound pedantic but try sorting the speedometer decimal places out. A speed of 0.0948372 is negligable.

Keep it up
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby WCCC » Tue Mar 23, 10 11:29 pm

? a speed if .094? sometimes the cars dont stop all the way, as they are made to slow rather than stop, but eventually it reaches like .00000001 and stuff like that, and i know that the 94 miles an hour or whatever it goes at isn't perfect but that's because im adding rough estimates of velocity and putting it through a math formula of
/16 //get one unreal foot
*5280 //or whatever is the exact measurement for speed in miles
and like a jillion other steps that spit out its end formula... it specific mathematical formula is....

MSCarSpeed * 360000 /16 /5280 oh lol not as bad as i thought it was, i now remember that it USED to go through a jillion steps, before i discovered the VSize command. oi.
Last edited by WCCC on Tue Mar 23, 10 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Alistair » Wed Mar 24, 10 3:09 am

Alistair wrote: A speed of 0.0948372 is negligable.
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby WCCC » Wed Mar 24, 10 4:52 am

lol k. XD it seems i can't argue, just don't let Alex see that 0 word post XD
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby atrey65789 » Sat Jan 21, 12 2:00 pm

release date?
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby Gishank » Sat Jan 21, 12 4:19 pm

Atrey. I have to ask you to PLEASE look at last post dates in a thread before posting. Necroposting is bad.

Apparently you can find a beta in this thread;

http://gravity-world.com/viewtopic.php?p=35323#p35323
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby atrey65789 » Sat Jan 21, 12 4:25 pm

Alright... I downloaded it.... Files are Corrupted....
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Next

Return to Modifications