MPBots- Latest

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

MPBots- Latest

Postby ZeroPresence » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:38 pm

Wow, I have an account here already.

I'm wondering if anyone here has the most current version of this mod? I've been bored lately and started designing an MPBot oriented level just for kicks... and for er... the six or ten people that still play to possibly experience, lol. I've scared up a version... but I believe its one of the many obsolete ones because I can't even set orders to Standing for the bots; it seems all they are capable of doing is wandering. But, I remember so very long ago I put some bots in one of the DXMP maps I made and was able to set them to standing... probably ten or twenty reformats since then... I've lost this up to date version that can handle complex orders such as standing in one spot the whole game. Any leads, gentlemen?

EDIT: on another note, I've been looking around for a zombie mod I saw hosted on a server once while reminiscing and did a bit of detective work and found one here, good job! :D
Last edited by ZeroPresence on Mon Nov 23, 09 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroPresence

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 10:09 pm

Last edited by Dae on Mon Nov 23, 09 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ZeroPresence » Mon Nov 23, 09 10:12 pm

thank you! That's a good start, I have that version of MPBots right now, though (its 221kb) but I don't have this other mod included in the zip... interesting... maybe I can toy around with this and find what I'm looking for. I gotta go to work though, I will return with the results I find as soon as I can. :o
ZeroPresence

Postby ZeroPresence » Tue Nov 24, 09 2:30 am

Okay, it looks like that other mod in the folder merely is a game type modification (although, an EXCELLENT one... it spawns bots that come at you in waves... which is awesome in itself) but... that doesn't serve my purpose. It was a nice try though... I guess I'll have to axe this project. Believe it or not its actually kinda vital that I be able to set the MPBots to standing (and if possible, patrolling) although, I did run into another problem while testing what was in that zip. It appears that MPBots are *always* aware of your location no matter what is between you and the pawn. (I was pursued all the way across the map of Smuggler... between the two farthest spawn points by one pawn... while cloaked.)
ZeroPresence

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Nov 24, 09 7:37 am

>Standing
>Complex order

:oops:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby ZeroPresence » Wed Nov 25, 09 1:18 am

Okay, I can see that MPBots is not the route for me to take. I might try experimenting with the DeusEx Coop mod, but I've heard (and seen in a server a while ago) that is highly buggy. Also, I obviously don't want to modify the base DeusEx files which I hope this mod doesn't do once I track it down.
ZeroPresence

Postby Allan » Wed Nov 25, 09 2:38 am

I never even knew the DX co-op mod was released. :O
Allan
Alpha

Postby ZeroPresence » Wed Nov 25, 09 2:40 am

I've been trolling this forum a bit and I can see what you mean... there was that official project you guys have mentioned and been involved with before, as well as another one that was hosted in a few servers every now and then over the years... I think that's my path to salvaging the few maps I've based around this concept, but tracking it down is another story.

I imagine that mod you are talking about allows the normal Pawns in the singleplayer maps to fight players?
ZeroPresence

Postby ZeroPresence » Wed Nov 25, 09 3:03 am

Maybe to get some support on board I can put some screen shots up in this thread. I have two maps, one is UNATCO based and another is generic... they're both heavily team based (require two players or more to complete objectives/obstacles) and such. A fun concept... and fun to work on as well. I'll put some stuff together for a later post, though.
ZeroPresence

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Nov 25, 09 1:08 pm

Sure, put on the screenshots.

BTW Hai :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Screenshots

Postby ZeroPresence » Wed Nov 25, 09 5:59 pm

DXMPBots_Infiltration:
A group of players start inside a box dropped from one of the loading cranes at a cargo unloading station along the shore. This was of course preplanned for a quiet infiltration.

Near the storage warehouse on the main tarmac.
A view of the entry gate to the cargo field.

DXMPBots_UNATCO_SiteB:
Some recruits arrive late one night to a UNATCO cliff based facility for introduction and training.
Inside the main entrance to the UNATCO base.
Soon the UNATCO recruits find something has gone horribly wrong.
ZeroPresence

Postby ZeroPresence » Fri Dec 04, 09 10:15 pm

Mission is a failure. DXCoop Beta doesn't have the power to support the idea, and MPBots couldn't even hold a candle to what DXCoop Beta *DID* accomplish for me. I will convert the maps to a Singleplayer experience... maybe even DXMP versions of them, too. Oh well :shrugs:
ZeroPresence

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Dec 04, 09 10:27 pm

Noes! :cry:

Well, what kind of "Co-op" were you trying to make? I want to learn more about it :o
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby ZeroPresence » Fri Dec 04, 09 10:35 pm

To make the explanation make sense, here's a list of things the map had in order of importance:

1. Working NPCs
2. Working NPC Orders
3. Spawn Once Items
3. Reliable Triggering using alarms
4. Reliable Mover interaction (doors that open and close once, etc)
5. Information Devices

Well pretty much what I was doing was a very basic single player experience... just with more people. All I needed out of the mod or mods originally was the ability to give NPCs orders. The map is VERY patrol reliant, and I even have a few NPCs sitting and standing in certain places. There was also a setup rigged to make the level almost impossible to complete if you set off an alarm. I didn't want anything major like conversations, datalinks or anything dealing with conedit for that matter. I found that DXCoop allows you to use information devices... to a certain degree and implemented that into the map, but only as an *extra* plus. I can make map function without the information devices. But, that isn't the only problem. While testing on both non-dedicated and dedicated servers with a friend we found that the NPCs have a horrendous problem in multiplayer... and I *THINK* this has just been a standing issue with bots ever since the idea came out so long ago. The bots would shoot at you once or twice... then just stop and play the "firing" animation over and over until they fire a single shot or two again. MJ12 commandos have a problem where they shoot about 15 (no kidding) rockets at you at once... and their machine guns are rendered the same way as armed guards. There was an issue of picking up items and using them properly as well... which was a BIG aspect of the idea. Items needed to be able to be found ONCE and not respawn. The Coop mod alarms totally threw the alarm trigger out of whack, and made it fire the instant the level was loaded for some reason, which poses a big problem... making the map REALLY hard right from the get go is a definite bad. Pretty much took two steps forward in the design process but three back. :/
Last edited by ZeroPresence on Fri Dec 04, 09 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroPresence

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Dec 04, 09 11:35 pm

It sounds interesting, yet exiting.. Too bad to hear that the MPBots aren't that co-operative.. oh well :cry:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Cozmo » Fri Dec 04, 09 11:44 pm

Wait, hold on. :) For an MP mod I'm currently making, I've made a modified version of MPBots; they aren't automatically hostile unless the mapper sets them to be or if they're triggered to be, they can have teams / be set to only attack certain players, have dialogue, they don't have huge lag (ForEach{} through Tick() = ARGH) and will only attack people they could possibly see, rather then people within a certain a certain radius, meaning they will actually do their set orders etc.

I need to find a way to sort out the weird firing problem though; I've heard GODZBots don't have that problem, so I need to find out how it works or just modify GODZBots in the same way.

Once the bots for my mod are sorted out, I'll release them in a seperate pack before the rest of my mod. They should be a lot better for what you're trying to do. Hopefully it'll be done soon, but house rennovations and college atm so idk for sure.

So anyway, yeah, don't give up on it just yet; I might have something for you soon. I'd love to see more MP things like this!

Edit: Actually, I might be able to code the other things you need for the map too, like items that only spawn once etc.
Last edited by Cozmo on Fri Dec 04, 09 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cozmo
Master

Postby ZeroPresence » Sat Dec 05, 09 6:32 pm

ah! Another problem with the bots I noticed is... they don't respond to futz in multiplayer, you can full sprint towards the back of an enemy and they won't know you're there until you lay them out on the pavement. Do the bots in your mod do this as well? I actually think MPBots' setting where they know where the players are within a certain radius was to stop them from being completely oblivious to the players like that.

Also, about the GODZbots, I had no idea they even made a mod... I was always under the impression they made ***horrible*** maps that attracted the DXMP populous like dung beetles to a fresh turd. I'm positive no one from that clan is still even around to ask about it... unless wait, does anyone remember the guy with a DX handle: Drunkard? I think he actually blocked me or something recently on MSN because I didn't answer him when he IMed me asking what my DX name was... lol.

EDIT: Also, I pretty much have the Infiltration map setup for singleplayer play. I guess that's a testament to how good it would have worked in multiplayer, lol.
Last edited by ZeroPresence on Sat Dec 05, 09 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroPresence

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Wed Dec 09, 09 6:26 pm

I was a member of GODZ and no, GODZ didn't just make horrible maps.
What you're talking about are those maps that were spit out after 2004.. most were really shit.

GODZBots was made before the GODZ clan went down the drain after 2004
Last edited by ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ on Wed Dec 09, 09 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Dec 10, 09 10:17 pm

MPBots is as well of an updated mod as anything Lee has made. I took the .u out of my system folder and I let the cache get it. Much easier.

And wow...GODZ, that takes me back.
Last edited by Tonnochi on Thu Dec 10, 09 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Return to Modifications