MSMTL 1_5 Relase

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

MSMTL 1_5 Relase

Postby WCCC » Sat Mar 13, 10 3:12 am

Hay, WCCC here. This is the first official release of my DXMTL add-on MSMTL. it has tons of new stuff in it and a lot of work went into it, hope you enjoy I G2G test with dxp alex soon for his addon to my addon. just check out the readme for details also i forgot to list in the readme that the new gadgets are operated with fire, scope toggle, and laser toggle buttons. Enjoy!
Attachments
MSMTL1_5.zip
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 702 times
F*cking college... you're not my best friend anymore.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Kaiden » Sat Mar 13, 10 3:16 am

For those wondering:

what is MSMTL? MSMTL is a DXMTL add-on
with some added markistan themes and tons of new features.

Whats New)
lots of new executable commands, most of them for admins tho, a pming system, ranks,
new weapons, skins, foods, double jumping, and new GADGETS!!!

Sounds cool.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sat Mar 13, 10 4:06 am

Kaiden wrote:For those wondering:

Quote:

what is MSMTL? MSMTL is a DXMTL add-on
with some added markistan themes and tons of new features.

Whats New)
lots of new executable commands, most of them for admins tho, a pming system, ranks,
new weapons, skins, foods, double jumping, and new GADGETS!!!

Sounds cool.

thanks, I've had this around for ages but only recently managed to find a dxmtl extender, thanks Anna AKA Wild!
Last edited by WCCC on Sat Mar 13, 10 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Mar 13, 10 4:56 am

Anna? lmao.

Yeah, good luck. :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 13, 10 8:35 am

So uh.. using this, disables the use of miniMTL, the anti cheat modification?
Alex
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sat Mar 13, 10 9:12 am

Well if they had a miniMTL extender I probably would've used that but the normal DXMTL is still really safe, it's just miniMTL is just a bit safer. BTW Guys if you find anything unusual or something that you don't understand or something that just wasn't explained in the readme, PM me about it, I'd prefer everyone finds out on their own magical adventure. And one last thing Alex, can't you technically just look up the anti-cheat mutator actor from miniMTL and add it as a server actor? I'm pretty sure that'd work. :D I also forgot to mention that this version comes special with a still highly-a-beta msmpvendors.u copy, you need markistan and msmtl1_5 for it to work, but the new vending machine system is pretty damn customizable via Map Editor, it allows for up to 8 products to be dispensed via the vending machine, it has 8 according buttons, button classes can be customized, as long as they extend the VendorButton class. Each button triggers a different item to be dispensed out of the vendor, each button's spawn position can also be customized via MSVendor itself, you can specifically choose the number of buttons, any number between 0-8. Each button has a different price amount. at this point I haven't installed auto calculations for lowest and highest item prices so those need to be punched in manually. In addition frobbing the vending machine itself will tell you the info about the vendor, the price range of its items, what type of item it sells, and even a company name! just for kicks lol. 3 different example vendors come included in the mod pack, as well as some potentially useful OUT OF ORDER buttons, when these are frobbed they _DON'T_ trigger the vendor or even make a sound at this point. The mod has been left unprotected on purpose so making your own cool and custom vendors should be a snap! For future updates on the vending machines, I want to install the ability for someone to own the vendor, at the cost of decreased revenue. Currently I also left a BenifactorName property in there that SHOULD be customizable also via unreal ed. The benifactor name is merely a string, that if found in a player's name, gives them 75% of the total profits from each purchase, by default it is WCCC, XD.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 13, 10 10:15 am

miniMTL isn't a mutator. it's just like MSMTL based on DXMTL. So no, you can't run it as a mutator.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 13, 10 10:18 am

Also, did you actually test this (so ALL commands) ingame with other players? I haven't coded UC for a long time, but it seems like you got some replication issues.
Alex
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sat Mar 13, 10 10:37 am

A. Yes i know minMTL is a game type, BUT like normal DXMTL it has an anti cheat mutator inside its mound of actor classes that we call a package. potentially i think you could simply add this mutator as a server actor and you'd get the coverage

B. Yes i have tested this with several people, and the dancing function is the only one that doesn't work all the way. all of these new set state and set repli and set prop and pm commands all work just fine, you seem kind of hesitant to trust my coding, mind if i ask why?
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Mar 13, 10 5:12 pm

Nice work, mate! :D
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Mar 13, 10 5:45 pm

I just tested it.. kinda ugly double-jump..

Well, to be quite honest with ya, I'd say it's good. But.. most of the things included in it are already available, like for example the PM system.

I'd recommend you to make new stuff.

Also.. nice skills/stuff for RPG, that's new for DX.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 14, 10 3:40 am

all of this stuff is new to me, and the pm system was invented before now? damn... and i know some of this has been done before now, but being able to craft your own weapons and cook your own food anywhere you go using supply tracking variables stored inside the player class? truly that's got to be worth mention, because i am 99.99999999999% sure that's never been done before (by anyone but me that is). also the new guns and the jillions of commands used for modifying specific classes come in handy for fixing broken features on maps or simply just going on your own little misadventures without f*cking everything up. also the double jump lags a little on the second jump because it uses some code that is NOT from dxmtl, thus the movement gets laggy because it doesnt use the new and fixed movement code... Finally, I intend to use this new game type and make it mandantory on my new maps, so far i have it so if the playerclass is used outside of msmtl, it will crash the server its being used on, so item thiefs beware. BTW what did you think of my vendors, i've had that idea for a while too but just now found an excuse to use it.
Last edited by WCCC on Sun Mar 14, 10 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:32 am

The fact that stuff is stored in the playerclass, that it requires a custom playerclass is not a positive thing.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Mar 14, 10 12:27 pm

Thanks for the mod, looking forward to test it online, is there a server that hosts it regularly?
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Mar 14, 10 4:09 pm

The double jump part doesn't really need any movement code thingie, just overwrite "DoJump" function at the playerclass of yours, a much better fix. I've done that at actionevent and before I messed up the movement shiesses to enable dodges at MTL, it got shiesses up'd :$

Though, I found a way to make double jump and probably more stuff like that on a mutator, so actionevent is going to be a mutator in da future version :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 14, 10 6:38 pm

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:Thanks for the mod, looking forward to test it online, is there a server that hosts it regularly?

MIRK's server does, and I think KSN's will host it too. Also I'm making a coop mod based on MSMTL, I will host a server for it.
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sun Mar 14, 10 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:01 pm

to alex: if you ever sat down and thought of all the different ways you could make a gadget store custom tracking variables used for functions within itself, you'd realize that using a custom player class is not only the simplest, but the most effective. I also did this so if they don't start with the gadget(s) they still get the materials needed in case the map is an rpg map that holds the actual gadgets themselves, so perhaps they can spend money on it and start their own custom cooking business, they get paid money to cook food, they use money to buy supplies out of a yet to be created vending machine, then cook the item and save the profits.

to DJ: the funny thing is i actually DID override the dojump function, and because it doesn't use the dxmtl movement fix or whatever for adding velocity, it does in fact turn out a little ugly.

to mainman: thanks for chewing out alex for me XD, especially because you really know what you're talking about, with all that mainman city stuff and whatnot.

to DxPlayer: two problems with the two servers hosting it, A. mirk server is going to shut down any day now if it hasn't already, brad quit dx. and B. ksn server is run by 90s now so if i wanted to get him to install it, i'd have to put up with him calling it gay, arguing at every point possible, saying he could do better even tho hes a pretty nubby coder, and then waiting a week and a half before he finally installs it, only to have him install it wrong, call the mod broken, and uninstall it and call me various different words for a homosexual, then i'd finally get him to follow the readme, he'd install it wrong at least two more times before getting it right, have him call it gay again, possibly uninstall it, and then have him try to steal my code possibly. quit simply, if i ever give him a version im going to protect the code first, make the readme extra easy to follow, rename the mod, and prepare counter rants for all his f*g-bagging. it's too much hassle ATM so i think i might just have to host my own server lol.

to sas: thanks for the support :D i bet you'll enjoy it if you like things that have lots of possiblities.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:08 pm

O.o Wow.... I didn't know about that.

But anyway, our coop mod is almost done. Yesterday I spent all the morning programming, and I fixed several things. I finnaly got ride of Unatco and I customized the way the player chooses the team, I made some changes at the Player Setup Menu and I added MSMTLMenuChoice_Team.uc to the mod (this one doesnt extend mtl but it works fine). Now I will add the special bots and some other ideas I had.

Cya mate!
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sun Mar 14, 10 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:21 pm

Oh man.. I'll just forget about this topic.

WCCC good luck with your modification, perhaps one day you'll realise why making a new playerclass is not a smart choice, if you don't know what you're dealing with. I hope for you that players such as MainMan (oh wow, the guy you like!) don't play anymore (Hint hint, they hack your server).

And WCCC, I also know what I'm talking about :) After all, I worked with Nobody for a long time.
Alex
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:22 pm

DxPlayer wrote:O.o Wow.... I didn't know about that

which part? lol that was like a 5 part rant, a specific qoute would be helpful, yes?

also Alex, you may have worked with nobody, but that doesn't make it better than everyone else on this forum and/or make you right all the time. quite simply you do know what you are talking about 90% of the time, even tho you end up posting it in words that a lot of people don't agree with. but when it comes down to it, i have years of coding under my belt, and have attempted just about everything that can be attempted in code and worked on it till i succeed (98% of my projects) or leave it alone until i either A. delete it, or B. fix it after looking at it from a very unique angle (aspergers FTW!) and custom player classes YES suck a big one for multiplayer purposes, all the fixes and features that need to be done it quite simply eats a lot of time, having this be like my 4th or 5th game type, i've realized this and that's why i'm extending DXMTL now. you keep trying to make my mod sound bad by pointing out everything bad about it, try pointing out something good for a change eh? maybe mainman will stop bagging on your weaknesses for a few moments. and simply what i'm trying to say is even tho you have done a lot of code, and worked with some amazing people in your time, nobody has ever attempted this style of rpg elements before, and so this ends up being that 10% of the time that you DON'T know what you're talking about, and i believe you need to acknowledge that you're wrong about this manner and move on. (not to sound like an arrogant prick or anything)
Last edited by WCCC on Sun Mar 14, 10 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:30 pm

WCCC wrote:to DxPlayer: two problems with the two servers hosting it, A. mirk server is going to shut down any day now if it hasn't already, brad quit dx. and B. ksn server is run by 90s now so if i wanted to get him to install it, i'd have to put up with him calling it gay, arguing at every point possible, saying he could do better even tho hes a pretty nubby coder, and then waiting a week and a half before he finally installs it, only to have him install it wrong, call the mod broken, and uninstall it and call me various different words for a homosexual, then i'd finally get him to follow the readme, he'd install it wrong at least two more times before getting it right, have him call it gay again, possibly uninstall it, and then have him try to steal my code possibly. quit simply, if i ever give him a version im going to protect the code first, make the readme extra easy to follow, rename the mod, and prepare counter rants for all his f*g-bagging. it's too much hassle ATM so i think i might just have to host my own server lol.

I just read the part u wrote to me. :P
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sun Mar 14, 10 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:39 pm

DxPlayer wrote:WCCC wrote:to DxPlayer: two problems with the two servers hosting it, A. mirk server is going to shut down any day now if it hasn't already, brad quit dx. and B. ksn server is run by 90s now so if i wanted to get him to install it, i'd have to put up with him calling it gay, arguing at every point possible, saying he could do better even tho hes a pretty nubby coder, and then waiting a week and a half before he finally installs it, only to have him install it wrong, call the mod broken, and uninstall it and call me various different words for a homosexual, then i'd finally get him to follow the readme, he'd install it wrong at least two more times before getting it right, have him call it gay again, possibly uninstall it, and then have him try to steal my code possibly. quit simply, if i ever give him a version im going to protect the code first, make the readme extra easy to follow, rename the mod, and prepare counter rants for all his f*g-bagging. it's too much hassle ATM so i think i might just have to host my own server lol.I just read the part u wrote to me

ya... as much as i'd like to say im exaggerating on ANY part of that, that's simply how the installing new mods proccess goes with 90-9-9er... me and him kind of clash personalities because we both like to think we're right a lot, so when we disagree on something it ends up not only taking forever to resolve, but ends with him saying he's right for the 100th time, me just saying f*ck it, this guy's a dolt, and ends up going nowhere. it's quite ugly and i'm not a big fan tbh of how he runs ksn server, that's why im thinking of paying 10$ a month or whatever to buy my own counterstrike server XD
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 14, 10 7:51 pm

Oh, Ok.
If you are going to pay a server I recommend the 3 months prepay (or 6 months prepay) pack at www.counter-strike.com .
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sun Mar 14, 10 10:27 pm

okay guys, we can stop bagging on alex now, and i recommend we do before someone gets banned.

also got some news from 90-9-9er, i haven't even so much as mentioned msmtl to him yet and he's already made negative comments such as:
"your markistan rpg shit is killing the mirk server"
"why would i need iron?"

quite simply it looks like its going to be tough to find someone who will install it and be my server slave :evil: . if you are reading this 90-9-9er, my responses are:

if it's killing the mirk server, then why is there a surge of players for the first time in months immediatly after installing it?

and b not only is that question incredibly stupid and is answered from the only source you could've got that information from, but let me clarify things a little.
I. no specific metal names were ever given, with the exception of msmtlDingleberrium, and you don't seem to have any knowledge of that. and the explanation of dingleberrium is this:
it is a rare crystal formation caused by heat and pressure, much like diamonds with the exception that dingleberrium is crystalized metal, one small formation can be worth as much as 100 metals, enough for a markistanian dagger, and that's just 1!
II. you use the metals with the crafting anvil, which functions basically the same way as the cooking pot, you use your fire button to check your supplies, you use your scope button, [ by default, to cycle through the items you can make, and finally you use your laser toggle button, ] by default, to make the item.
III. why would you want to make things for yourself? the weapons you can make with metals are very strong ones, weapons with increased damage, so the more kills you get, the deadlier you become, kind of like a boulder rolling down a hill, the longer its rolling, the harder it is to stop.
bonus: cooking pot can make foods that use the medkit slot, these items tend to be cheap to make and range from Wafo! bars that heal between 15-80 health a piece and you can carry up to 16 of them, to Markistan Farms meals that heal between 35-100 health and can carry up to 8 of each, with the exception of the new and exclusive Chicken Meal, which you can carry only 5 of, but that vs a 5 medkit stack, you get up to 10Q (10 jillion for those who aren't familiar with markistanian math) points more out of them! i just think it would be so cool of instead of having to conform and fight over a food shop, you can start a home business that gets supplies out of vendors, and can cook the same products!
Last edited by WCCC on Sun Mar 14, 10 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Mar 15, 10 10:14 am

WCCC wrote:to DJ: the funny thing is i actually DID override the dojump function, and because it doesn't use the dxmtl movement fix or whatever for adding velocity, it does in fact turn out a little ugly.

Sorry, I dint meant DoJump in THAT way.. Putting it on PlayerWalking is what I did..

I haven't also read any other post at all. I am a lazy bastard.

(nor have I fully checked your code lmao)

Anyway..

My Action-Event mod was on DXMTL too, so try this code:

ActionEventBETA wrote:
var int NumJumps;

//Important, or else it gets messy on MP.
replication
{
// Vars the client sends to the server.
reliable if( Role<ROLE_Authority )
NumJumps;
}

//Whenever client restarts, reset the jump.
function ClientReStart()
{
ResetJump();
Super.ClientReStart();
}

//Whenever we're landed, Reset the jump. So it doesn't bug with infinite jumps/no jumps at all.
function Landed(vector HitNormal)
{
Super.Landed(HitNormal);
ResetJump();
}

//Whenever we're killed, Reset the jump. So no bugs etc.
function Killed(pawn Killer, pawn Other, name damageType)
{
Super.Killed(Killer, Other, damageType);
ResetJump();
}

//ResetJump function makes the NumJumps to 0.
function ResetJump()
{
NumJumps = 0;
}

//Called when we walk.
state PlayerWalking
{
ignores SeePlayer, HearNoise, Bump;

//Whenever we press jump:
exec function Jump( optional float F )
{
if ( !bShowMenu && (Level.Pauser == PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName) )
SetPause(False);
else
{
bPressedJump = true;
//Increase the count whenever we jump.
NumJumps++;
}
}
//Called when jump key is pressed.
function DoJump( optional float F )
{
//If the jump is only one, and we're walking, make us jump.
if(NumJumps == 1 && Physics == PHYS_Walking)
{
Super.DoJump(F);
}
// Double jump, When the jump is pressed the second time, Double Jump.
else if (NumJumps == 2)
{
Velocity.Z = JumpZ*1.4;
}
}
}

EDIT: It doesn't play any sound, cos I dint added one, you can add if you want. I'd recommend adding different sound rather than jump, something like MaleLand sound, so the double jump makes another sound, it'll look better, trust me.
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Mon Mar 15, 10 12:38 pm, edited 15 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Mon Mar 15, 10 6:31 pm

lol that's basically the same code i used, just parapharsed in a different way, using a slightly different tracking system as well
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Mar 15, 10 8:50 pm

Well, somewhat, yes.

But it's buggy.. anyway.. mine doesn't have a glitch, so if ya wanna' use it, I don't mind :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Mon Mar 15, 10 8:58 pm

what it comes down to is how you add the velocity, the other stuff is just ways of calculating how to get there, just different variable tracking systems is the only difference in the end... but the velocity is added the same way, so that's weird.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Allan » Thu Mar 18, 10 12:47 pm

~DJ~ wrote:
WCCC wrote:to DJ: the funny thing is i actually DID override the dojump function, and because it doesn't use the dxmtl movement fix or whatever for adding velocity, it does in fact turn out a little ugly.

Sorry, I dint meant DoJump in THAT way.. Putting it on PlayerWalking is what I did..

I haven't also read any other post at all. I am a lazy bastard.

(nor have I fully checked your code lmao)

Anyway..

My Action-Event mod was on DXMTL too, so try this code:

ActionEventBETA wrote:*lalcode*

EDIT: It doesn't play any sound, cos I dint added one, you can add if you want. I'd recommend adding different sound rather than jump, something like MaleLand sound, so the double jump makes another sound, it'll look better, trust me.

Right-o, I found a bug with this, whereby you can get stuck jumping sometimes. I also has a fix for this.

ActionEventBETA - p@ched. wrote:state PlayerWalking
{
ignores SeePlayer, HearNoise, Bump;

//Whenever we press jump:
exec function Jump( optional float F )
{
if ( !bShowMenu && (Level.Pauser == PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName) )
SetPause(False);
else
{
bPressedJump = true;
//Increase the count whenever we jump.
NumJumps++;
}
}
//Called when jump key is pressed.
function DoJump( optional float F )
{
local Vector tEnd;

if(NumJumps>2)
{
tEnd.Z-=CollisionHeight+2;
if(fastTrace(tEnd)) // If we're stuck on the floor unable to jump...
{
numJumps=0; // reset our jump count!
}
}

//If the jump is only one, and we're walking, make us jump.
if(NumJumps == 1 && Physics == PHYS_Walking)
{
Super.DoJump(F);
}
// Double jump, When the jump is pressed the second time, Double Jump.
else if (NumJumps == 2)
{
Velocity.Z = JumpZ*1.4;
}
}
}

That should fix the issue where you can get stuck on the floor, unable to jump.
Last edited by Allan on Thu Mar 18, 10 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Thu Mar 18, 10 11:14 pm

Thanks for your help everyone, you're always so supportive. I will be busy for the next couple of weeks, am working on markistan rpg city for a modding contest...
WCCC
Wannabe

Next

Return to Modifications