MSMTL 1_5 Relase

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Mar 18, 10 11:50 pm

Allan wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:
WCCC wrote:to DJ: the funny thing is i actually DID override the dojump function, and because it doesn't use the dxmtl movement fix or whatever for adding velocity, it does in fact turn out a little ugly.

Sorry, I dint meant DoJump in THAT way.. Putting it on PlayerWalking is what I did..

I haven't also read any other post at all. I am a lazy bastard.

(nor have I fully checked your code lmao)

Anyway..

My Action-Event mod was on DXMTL too, so try this code:

ActionEventBETA wrote:*lalcode*

EDIT: It doesn't play any sound, cos I dint added one, you can add if you want. I'd recommend adding different sound rather than jump, something like MaleLand sound, so the double jump makes another sound, it'll look better, trust me.

Right-o, I found a bug with this, whereby you can get stuck jumping sometimes. I also has a fix for this.

ActionEventBETA - p@ched. wrote:*code*

That should fix the issue where you can get stuck on the floor, unable to jump.

Nice fix :$

Although a normal fix on a tick or a timer that if we're PHYS_Walking and resetting the NumJumps to 0 would fix too, but advance stuff is always nice. Thanks for da fix :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Fri Apr 23, 10 1:20 am

Well.... there seems to be an unforeseen and just now discovered bug in MSMTL1_5, you may or may not know that i used a custom handleitempickup function so that supplies such as metals and bread, fruit, etc could be picked up without the need for an open inventory slot... however it appears i made a slight slip up in my code and consequently you can't loot anything off of dead bodies! i am currently working on a fix and msmtl1_6 should be out soon, sorry for the inconvenience.
F*cking college... you're not my best friend anymore.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Apr 24, 10 12:21 am

My game type based on yours was having that bug too. Delete the "CarcassType=" in the player class, it may fix it.
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sat Apr 24, 10 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sat Apr 24, 10 2:57 am

it's not the carcass type, i've done mulitple tests involving npcs, in fact i originally noticed the bug when looting dead npcs in my beta version of markistan rpg city (oh yes it's going to have npcs that ally themselves with teams, so communists npcs will help commis and fight markistans and visa versa with markistan troops, kind of like a working version of the npcs in rpg city) and i assumed it was a bug with the MSBots V2, but not only can memory specify against that, but when doing some single player, i noticed the same thing! (with the exception of ammunition) from here i was puzzled for a bit, until i remembered the custom handleitempickup function i used, it used a scenario that held its self a higher priority than that super class's and 99% of the stuff your going to pick up won't work when pulled off of dead bodies, and the 1% use stuff you can't store in one's inventory! well I have fixed the bug in a newer version as of last night, however im still thinking of adding some new features into the mix. so far i have installed a mssingleget function that allows you to read properties of that of any specific actor, added some fixes so you can't change the level info despite that weird ass bug that makes all tracing go straight towards level info whenever you hit geometry. and finally i have removed all the msmtl1_5 actors and their 3 packages built to extend off of it: msshopping1_2, msquests, (oops... spoiler much?) and markistancity. and am going through the painus in the anus process of replacing and maybe even improving the actor's setup with the newer ones.
Last edited by WCCC on Sat Apr 24, 10 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Apr 24, 10 3:42 am

Man I fixed that bug in my game type but I don't really remember how. Anything contact me by email or Xfire. :D

Keep up the good work!
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sat Apr 24, 10 3:50 am

well what i need to know is if you can loot weapons off of dead bodies :P normal item pick ups work just fine other than that tho.

if so then cool, it could be that you don't extend msmtl player? or maybe you replaced it with the old function version from normal dx? in that case you're going to get the bugs of the final item you drop in the "can't drop that here" series it will spawn a respawning copy on the floor! i'll add it to my 652 and counting reasons why dxmtl > everything else that doesn't extend it. also i have a DXMTL compatible - extra spiff looking compiler lying around... it gives newer messages and automatically does the job of the DXMTL dummy .bat file, does some pauses about 4 seconds in length total(given so you can read the spiff messages), anyone want me to wrap it up and post it for download? (credit to Alex/Eugune for telling me what @echo commands are and how to work them ;3 ) and redistributing the dxmtl dummy .u file with it wouldn't be a copyright violation that i'd be unaware of in two ways, would it?
Last edited by WCCC on Sat Apr 24, 10 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Apr 24, 10 4:02 am

Yea,

Mine is extending MTL Player and it's able to loot weapons from dead bodys.

I'm {DxP}Alex aka Eugene man xD .
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sat Apr 24, 10 7:51 pm

ya, there's your fix right there... and i'm also installing this cool new thing in the new msmtl for map makers. it's a class called invisible wall, it's just a easier way to set up my patented (in markistan) invisible walls that block players but not any other actors, because blockplayer actors don't work in MP! (seriously man, wtf...). yes it is a mover and no it doesn't automatically make the surfaces invisible, that still has to be done manually, but im installing some prototype new code in the drop item command so you can drop items even when your normal dropvect fasttrace would deny it. also mswallets2 is now a working mod, new features on wallets include: compressed code (it was like 24kb but whatever), the ability to send money straight to other players with the change ammo button, it even adjusts to how much money you're set to drop, and the ability to use markistan ATMs in multiplayer, tested dedicated net game with server ports closed and i got working with the IP reading, it can be used by multiple people at once, and you can modify your account balance using the change ammo function, even if it's across the map, becuase it does a trace. and the money is stored server side using ip unique accounts, storing up to 100 different IPs, and you can change between adding money from your account or subtracting money from your account using the change ammo button. so far ALL of this is gauranteed to work with the exception of the invisible wall detection in drop item, i'm going to go test that in a bit.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Allan » Sat Apr 24, 10 8:43 pm

One question I have to ask - Why "Markistan"?
Allan
Alpha

Postby DxPlayer » Sat Apr 24, 10 11:18 pm

His real name is Markus, and that's his country, near Russia, "Markistan".
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sat Apr 24, 10 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sun Apr 25, 10 12:24 am

Ya it's in what used to be East Russia, and what is now claimed (and disupted) as markistan, which covers a 100 jillion square mile area. which is about 1700 normal miles in simpler terms. it was originally started with the movie borat, where all my friends had seen it and where doing -istan this and -istan that so i started markistan as a doodle, as a joke, which then became an increasingly long series of jokes, and i then decided to make it a level when stumbling upon the doodle a couple years later, it was originally intended as a single player mod, but i released a small snippet of it into DXMP, which became INSANELY popular, the room was stuffed with 14 or 16 people at almost any time in the day for a few weeks, consequently i became a celebrity, shared my knowledge with other modders like snake, sasuke, killian, dxp alex aka cdf eugene, nikey, MIRK brad, etc. and have collaborated with the same brad and alex, jacob jhunke AKA helio walton, anna, and gotten some tips from various folks on forums, especially while designing my drivable cars mod, which i am ultimately unsatisfied with. Oi, still havent gotten back from DXMP XD
Last edited by WCCC on Sun Apr 25, 10 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Shinobi » Tue Apr 26, 11 6:13 pm

Year-old BUMP...

Did 1_6 ever get done?
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Aidan » Wed Apr 27, 11 12:33 am

Ask shadowrunner :lol:
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Apr 27, 11 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Previous

Return to Modifications