[RELEASE] Deus Ex Editing PACK 2.2

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[RELEASE] Deus Ex Editing PACK 2.2

Postby Andrievskaya Veronika » Thu Jul 15, 10 4:05 am

Deus Ex Editing PACK version 2.2

(Almost) everything to build the mod for Deus Ex!

This is third public version of my package. It mostly stable, i did not noticed bugs or unexpected behavior of components (at least for now).

It includes:
  • UnrealEd1 (Works in Windows Vista/7 !)
  • UnrealEd2 for Deus Ex with ability to view models, has lot of extra buttons and brushbuilders
  • TexAlign
  • Hexy's DeusExTools: DeusExExtractor, DeusEx3Dviewer, Mesh converter and DeusExExtractor GUI
  • Unreal Unit Converter
  • Unreal Code Compiler (UCC.EXE)
  • A nice GUI for UCC: UCSDK
  • LWO Viewer
  • UnrealFX (to edit some flags of model's polys)
  • WotGrealExporter
  • UTPT (Unreal Tournament Package Tool)
  • Deus Ex mesh Tool (to extract meshes into MilkShape format)
  • ConEdit (Deus Ex Conversation Editor)
  • Tutorials: UED2 manual, Tack's site and Universal Constructor site in the convenient CHM format
  • Mapper's dream: a MP map packaging tool (can be used for SP maps too). It was designed for UT, but I've ported it to work with Deus Ex
  • Bright 1.83 : can convert images into ready to import textures. Very high quality of color reduction. Can help to create masked textures.
  • UModel : a command-line tool for viewing (and extracting) models inside of the packages. Supports many UnrealEngine-based games, including DeusEx.

Extra features of the version 2.2:
  • You can view prefabs by doubleclicking them in Windows Explorer
  • You can view folders with prefabs using BrowZ3D (supports more formats)
  • UnrealEd2 now can load maps from command line, use LMUED211.exe "Drive\Path\map.dx"
  • Includes PrefabPACK, there is 345 prefabs. Some from DeusEx, some made by me, some from Unreal, some are unknown :)

Screenshots:
Image Image

NOTES (!):
For now, Welcome Center is only in Russian. It mostly useless for non-russian users :) There is some font patchers, to add russian symbols support into the game and few links to files.
Brief Documentation of this version is also only in russian. This post contains almost all information from that documentation, so usually don't need to translate it.
All programs are in English.
The installer creates a program group in the START menu. It called "Deus Ex Editing PACK" There you're will find almost all features of the package.
The installer modifies the system variable: PATH, so you can launch command-line tools like Bright from any place (like on second screenshot).
By default, UnrealEd2 loads all texture packages that ships with DeusEx, so you don't need to load them manually. If you have your own .UTX files, load them manually.

INSTALLATON:
By default, the installation program will suggest "C:\DeusEx\" path. Please locate the directory, where your copy of DeusEx is.
Image Image

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UED2 extra buttons was created by ToolBar Creator (http://ego-creations.de)
UED2 extra brusbuilders by: Tarquin, Dave Arendash, JohnMcL, Ranhem, Daid

Thanks to SergSGL, Revan and to Kreafan for testing.

Download:
DeusEx Editing PACK version 2.2 (~40 MBytes) Mirror on DepositPhileZ Mirror on Rapidshara
Also you may need to download and install 7-ZIP, to open the archive. You can grab it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzi ... e/download
Alternatively, you can try the latest version of WinRAR (Currently the latest version is 3.93)
Last edited by Andrievskaya Veronika on Thu Jul 15, 10 4:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Andrievskaya Veronika
Poster

Postby Aidan » Thu Jul 15, 10 6:11 am

Oh wow. My god. Thank you VERY much!
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Hasharin » Thu Jul 15, 10 1:53 pm

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!
Hasharin
Wannabe

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Jul 19, 10 12:26 am

Been looking to get Tack's tutorial again, seems like the website is gone :(

Thanks alot for the other programs aswell :)
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Mon Jul 19, 10 2:22 am

Mastakilla wrote:Been looking to get Tack's tutorial again, seems like the website is gone :(

Ask around on OTP perhaps. Maybe someone will know the whereabouts of tack's site.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 19, 10 6:25 am

Mastakilla wrote:Been looking to get Tack's tutorial again, seems like the website is gone :(

Thanks alot for the other programs aswell :)

http://offtopicproductions.com/tacks/
Alex
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Mon Jul 19, 10 7:48 am

And the future is saved yet again.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 19, 10 9:15 am

And just to be sure that it will always remain to be online:

http://mirror.deusexnetwork.com/planetdeusex.com/tack/
Last edited by Alex on Mon Mar 04, 13 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Jul 19, 10 10:04 am

Thanks Alex :3
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Shinobi » Tue Feb 22, 11 5:02 pm

Incidentally, tack's is back.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Shinobi » Fri Aug 05, 11 11:12 am

Bumpity bump. Anyboy have this installed? I'm having a problem with the mapper's dream program.

It keeps telling me to set my UT path. I don't get it! I set it to my DX path, surely that's correct?
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Lurker » Fri Aug 05, 11 11:21 pm

Awesome. Thanks!
Lurker
Wannabe

Postby bambi » Fri Aug 19, 11 2:39 pm

I know what you mean shinobi.

I had the problem with I think dx extractor.

All you do is set the correct path. Then like exit out of the program
and enter back into it. It should eventually work
bambi
Regular

Postby Machina » Thu Jul 04, 13 3:44 am

I'm using the editor pack and it's good, has a lot of useful extra stuff.

But my brushes are not snapping to other brushes anymore. Normally you'd for instance place the pivot in the corner of a brush and then it will snap to the corner of another brush nearby. But it's not doing that anymore, it just stays fixed on the grid. Is there a way to make the brushes snap to other brushes again?

EDIT: Brushes do snap to other brushes in the new version of Ued1. But they don't in this new version of Ued2.
Last edited by Machina on Thu Jul 04, 13 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Machina

Postby Machina » Thu Jul 04, 13 2:04 pm

I don't want to complain too much and I think it's great you made this pack but why do all the textures pre-load in Ued2? Why did you make that? Some textures in DX have double names, like Area51Wall in the CoreTexMetal folder and Area51textures folder. This is known to cause bugs. Open Ued2 and go to CoreTexMetal try selecting Area51Wall, it's impossible.

And when I open a map I want to know which textures I used so far, so I definitely do not want all the textures to pre-load when Ued2 starts up! If I want all the textures to load at once I can just shift-click and select them all at once. There's no need to load them at the start up and it messes things up.

Second issue. Why is .unr disabled and .dx made standard? I've been taught that you always work in .unr until the map is finished and then you change it to .dx. Just look at the file size of your maps, save one as .unr and one as .dx. They are smaller in unr. I recommend against saving as .dx too often because it can cause bugs such as BSP holes. Why? Because the .unr format is simply more reliable than .dx. YES REALLY, NO JOKE. So always save as .unr when you work, save as .dx when you play.

Again I really like what you did with this pack but these two little things seemed to be added for lazy people and they do more harm than good. I really hope you'll do an updated version some day and fix the texture loading and save format because eventually I will go back to vanilla Ued2 just for that. I need the textures not to pre-load and I need .unr to be standard save, I don't want bugs!

I can get the extra stuff separately too I guess but I think it's great you put everything together. There's a bunch of extras in here I didn't even know about yet. So good work anyway.
Machina

Postby Machina » Mon Jul 08, 13 5:27 pm

Just look at the file size of your maps, save one as .unr and one as .dx. They are smaller in unr.

I was wrong about this. I must have compared a backup map with a recent one. Sorry about that. But I do remember reading from old posts on dxediting forums (rip) that .unr is a more stable format.
Last edited by Machina on Mon Jul 08, 13 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machina

Postby johnenla » Tue Mar 04, 14 11:54 am

If you have your own .
johnenla

Return to Modifications