Cozmo_RPG released!

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Cozmo_RPG released!

Postby Cozmo » Sat Feb 26, 11 8:11 pm

I was supposed to post this before it was released, but I'm not really sure what happened to that plan. Yeah it's actually being hosted right now, and a lot more people than I expected to join have played, so to some of you this might be old news. Anyway...

This is something I've been working on for a while, mainly over the last year or so, when I wasn't at college or whatever. I finally managed to complete it, and it's being hosted atm (although you might prefer exploring it on LAN; idk). It's a sandbox RPG city thing, and almost everything is automated, including roles (cop, triads plus NPC equivalent etc), houses, shops and so on. Loads of features that I can't really list them like this. Anyway; download it and have a look around - it should be good for at least a few hours of fun.

ModDB page for images and information: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cozmo-rpg

Download link (includes readme): http://www.moddb.com/mods/cozmo-rpg/dow ... zmo-rpg-v1

Thanks a lot to the following people!

Beta hosting/testing:

Hasharin
WIKIWIKI
Scar
DJ

Helping me with/teaching me code (over the years, some through source code):

Alex
Dae
TheSheep
Allan
Nobody

EDIT: Actually, could someone with access to FGS forums post this there? My account never got authorised.

Also someone with a THC account repost this please? I already lurk there, but would hate to join just to plug this lmao.
Last edited by Cozmo on Sat Feb 26, 11 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cozmo
Master

Postby Rödewijk » Sun Feb 27, 11 1:11 am

fun mod 8)

(ps : Posted it on THC forums for u )
Last edited by Rödewijk on Sun Feb 27, 11 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rödewijk
Master

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Feb 27, 11 3:42 am

Yaay.. I'm in the thank-list tooo, double yaay.. :D

EDIT: Posted on FGS.
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Sun Feb 27, 11 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Sun Feb 27, 11 4:23 am

Awesome job Cozmo! :D
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Feb 27, 11 2:13 pm

The mod is great, but there are some bugs and massive lag at the server. There is also an automated shotgun called "REPORT THIS IS A BUG" that kills in one shoot, right now there is that "12" nicknamed dude camping at the spawn point with that, makes the mod unplayable!
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Feb 27, 11 2:15 pm

DxPlayer wrote:The mod is great, but there are some bugs and massive lag at the server. There is also an automated shotgun called "REPORT THIS IS A BUG" that kills in one shoot, right now there is that "12" nicknamed dude camping at the spawn point with that, makes the mod unplayable!

And surfing the source code a little I see u could use "Switch(var) { Case X: }" instead of some "if(var == x) {}" u used :p, that is just a tip.

Oh and there are some female NPCs that die screaming male sounds, and the NPC bodys disapper after killed, that is annoyinng since I kill them cuz of their weapon :p.

But despite that stuff, the mod is pretty awesome, keep up the good work!
Last edited by DxPlayer on Sun Feb 27, 11 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby Aidan » Sun Feb 27, 11 7:19 pm

So beside the fact that this is an awesome mod, and I love it.. I'd like to point out three bugs I found to help better improve the later versions.

1) Half the time, the police/swat will not shoot you if you are a criminal. Also, it'd be great if they did a but more damage, as one of the players in the server reached criminal level 68 and was slaughtering every player with out an issue. Needless to say, the cops weren't much of a challenge for him.

2) Players with a higher latency will find an issue of using the elevator lifts, as when activating them, the floor will go right through the player, damaging them, and leaving them unable to reach the top of the lift. All that really needs to be done is to slow the mover down, so people without master pings can reach the higher points.

3) this..... lol. The Tele was sticking out of the wall. However, this could have, and probably is an issue due to the server speed, latency, etc.
Attachments
Shot0000.bmp
Shot0000.bmp (900.05 KiB) Viewed 9820 times
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Feb 27, 11 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Feb 27, 11 9:14 pm

I think the starving thing is kinda annoying, and I noticed it is a timer that makes the players take damage all at the same time, I would suggest you to remove that, since no one with "healthy weight" can die starving at one night :p.

Yea cops half of the times wont shoot u even if u are wanted, actually once I became a cop even thought I had Criminal Level 8. Max Chang walks weird (bugged mesh), I clicked the other gang leader and my avatar froze (typical same bug when someone summons Paul Denton and you click it, I think it is because bImportant is set to True).

AI is kinda messed up, I think it would be very cool if that psycho guys at the slums shot you, that would be great! Also, when you kill AI, u should score (my coop mod had that, but I lost the source at a recent format :oops: ).

Those are my suggestions! :wink:
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby Shinobi » Tue Mar 08, 11 12:47 am

I love this. Can't wait to host it in the UK as the current EDH server is excrutiatingly laggy!!

Few bits of feedback from me:

1. Please, for god's sake, remove the starvation thing! It's both pointless and irritating.
2. Needs a bona fide skybox.

All in all a wickedly cool mod, one of the best releases I've seen in ages. Nice one!

Can't wait to host it :) May even purchase a server if I can get the funding.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Shinobi » Tue Mar 08, 11 3:51 am

ignore me )edited(
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Mar 08, 11 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shinobi
Master

Logspam galore!

Postby Shinobi » Wed Mar 16, 11 5:44 pm

Code: Select all
ScriptWarning: RAMaxChen Cozmo_RPG_v1.RAMaxChen0 (Function DeusEx.ScriptedPawn.LoopAnimPivot:0045) LoopAnim: Sequence 'Walk2H' not found in Mesh 'GM_Trench_F'
ScriptWarning: RAMaxChen Cozmo_RPG_v1.RAMaxChen0 (Function DeusEx.ScriptedPawn.TweenAnimPivot:0024) TweenAnim: Sequence 'BreatheLight2H' not found in Mesh 'GM_Trench_F'

Logspamming FTW... not.

Any ideas what the problem here is? And how to fix it?
Shinobi
Master

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Mar 16, 11 11:17 pm

dx meshes being gay thats what

maxchen's model doesn't have a sequence... well, multiplayer sequences. can't fix easily.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Allan » Thu Mar 31, 11 3:34 am

That log comes from an animation requested by the actor not being in a mesh. (If you want an example, go near a wall and away from it a few times, while holding Shurikens. You should get a similar error regarding PlaceBegin and PlaceEnd.)

Most DX character models wern't designed with players in mind, so you can either have:

- Epic log spam, and glitchy animation
- Less glitchy animation, and tons of animation call overwrites in a playerclass

I say "less glitchy", because:

Most 2H animations get over-written to have their 1H animation play instead. So you may end up swinging a GEP Gun around like it was nothing, or something similar.
You slide along the floor while crouch-walking.

Other than those issues, it seems to work alright if you do the latter. I'll drop Cozmo the code at some point, see if it'll resolve these issues.
Allan
Alpha

Return to Modifications