To anyone I owe modding work...

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

To anyone I owe modding work...

Postby Cozmo » Wed Apr 13, 11 12:51 pm

I think all of you will see this if I put it here. Anyway, I'm going to be moving to northen England soon. The moving isn't really the problem, but my IRL situation has become completely dire - I have no motivation left and modding doesn't have a place in my life for now. I should really go find everyone individually and apologise properly but wow I've become unreliable. If anyone's let down by this, I'm really sorry.
Last edited by Cozmo on Wed Apr 13, 11 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cozmo
Master

Postby Shinobi » Wed Apr 13, 11 1:02 pm

Oh you will be, boyo!!!

We all havge "real lives", don't worry dude. Personally my "real-life" is spent glued to a monitor, but I assume some people do occasionally go outside lol.

Keep in touch as much as poss with the DXMP people online, yeah?? I know I'm not involved with any projects and never have been but I was looking forward to your work on SHadow and Chinny's map.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Wed Apr 13, 11 1:02 pm

Don't worry about it, you have to do what you have to do. If anyone's let down by this they should re-evaluate their feelings of it.

Where about in Northern England?
Last edited by James on Wed Apr 13, 11 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Alpha

Postby Shinobi » Wed Apr 13, 11 1:43 pm

When I hit about 20/21 years of age I sorta re-jigged my priorities. I'm much less motivated to fiddling with computers and games now as I was when I was 17/18. In fact, many of you may remember my servers from the '06-'07 period. Constantly trying new stuff, attempting to map/mod (badly I might add... anyone see DXMP_Spacelab or DXMP_Portals??) and just generally trying new games every day and learning new stuff about DX and the SDK.

These days I live in a council flat with no internet connection and no computer. Weed 'n' beer have overtaken my life. It sounds fun but it's really not, I'm not intellectually challenged.

I'm slowly spending more time online (I have access to a pretty damn good PC and fast 'net at my parents' house a few days a week now and then), and getting interested in gaming again as I decided that keeping my brain active may keep my motivation up to look for work and sort my life out.

Everyone has shit - I know someone who used to be online constantly but due to ill-health he disappeared off the face of the (online) planet for 2 years. His friends (to his surprise) waited with baited breath in the forums and chatrooms he hung out in.

I don't know how or even if this is relevant to the thread I just felt like saying it.

Cozmo - DXMP will be here when you return (unless they kill the masterserver which I doubt very, very much). See ya round.
Shinobi
Master

Re: To anyone I owe modding work...

Postby Aidan » Wed Apr 13, 11 3:50 pm

Cozmo wrote:I think all of you will see this if I put it here. Anyway, I'm going to be moving to northen England soon. The moving isn't really the problem, but my IRL situation has become completely dire - I have no motivation left and modding doesn't have a place in my life for now. I should really go find everyone individually and apologise properly but wow I've become unreliable. If anyone's let down by this, I'm really sorry.

It's all good m8 : ) The community will still be here if ever you decide to return. Don't be sorry :wink:
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Re: To anyone I owe modding work...

Postby China » Wed Apr 13, 11 10:07 pm

Aidan wrote:
Cozmo wrote:I think all of you will see this if I put it here. Anyway, I'm going to be moving to northen England soon. The moving isn't really the problem, but my IRL situation has become completely dire - I have no motivation left and modding doesn't have a place in my life for now. I should really go find everyone individually and apologise properly but wow I've become unreliable. If anyone's let down by this, I'm really sorry.

It's all good m8 : ) The community will still be here if ever you decide to return. Don't be sorry :wink:

Exactly my thoughts, I hope all is well and I really hope you come back in the near future, there will be plenty more for your goodself to do!
China
Wannabe

Postby Marder » Wed Apr 13, 11 10:30 pm

I agreed with James for once. No need to explain, you've helped massively and inspired lots of people, not to mention the Cozmopolis fans are having huge fun and I think most people don't realize how you've helped a lot of people like us, Scarface, Rodewijk etc, and Shinobi it's fine... it's really just a scripting job, which Chinny seems to have well in hand.
Last edited by Marder on Wed Apr 13, 11 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby ~DJ~ » Thu Apr 14, 11 2:48 am

Bye Cozz. :oops:

GIMME UR PERSONAL CELL NUMBER IMMA CALL YOU SOMETIME :oops:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Shinobi » Thu Apr 14, 11 10:01 am

@Marder: Good, good. Eagerly awaiting Cozmopolis! Loved the idea of Cozmo's RPG map, but (no offence Cozmo) although the coded elements were cool, the map itself could've been better. With Shadow 'n' Chinny on the case I have total faith.

Laters Cozmo! Oh and cheers for letting me host RPG map too ;-)
Shinobi
Master

Postby Marder » Sat Apr 16, 11 11:20 am

ye just don't ask us to code :)
Actually a lot of clever things have been mapped into V1, just some issues with giant brushes and skybox features perhaps, otherwise V1 is great and I suspect will still be some people's favourite.
Marder
Poster

Postby Rödewijk » Sat Apr 16, 11 12:57 pm

cheers bro get your life on order shoud always be top prio.
Rödewijk
Master

Return to Modifications