DX:IW - Unified texture pack

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DX:IW - Unified texture pack

Postby James » Thu Apr 14, 11 12:04 am

http://www.john-p.com/textures/DX-IW/

High resolution texture pack for Deus Ex: Invisible War, it supersedes the older 'Community Texture Pack', John P's 'Cumulative Texture Pack', and BlumenKohl's 'Micro Texture Pack'.

The Unified Texture Pack contains over 790 textures and graphical files (.bik for instance). Since some textures are in various versions that you can choose from, about 740 will be in use after a full install, but over 790 in total is available.
James
Alpha

Postby Shinobi » Thu Apr 14, 11 10:02 am

Yeah I use this, it does make IW look a tad better. Although as it's the law to say something negative everytime you compliment the game, I must say how fucking irritating the aliasing is on this game, despite all forced control panel and/or in-game settings!
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Thu Apr 14, 11 10:28 am

I know anti aliasing needs to be forced but have you tried disabling bloom?, this will make multi-sampling work correctly... down side is you have to re-apply your custom res.
James
Alpha

Postby Shinobi » Thu Apr 14, 11 10:33 am

Oh sod that it was enough work applying my custom res in the first place lol.

I can't get bloom to stay enabled in IW anyway. I don't know why it's definitely not my hardware.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Return to Modifications