BioMod

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

BioMod

Postby James » Sat Apr 16, 11 1:14 am

http://www.moddb.com/mods/biomod

BioMod is an extension of Y|yukichigai's excellent Shifter mod for Deus Ex. While I still think Shifter is a definite improvement over the original game, I sometimes felt while playing it that it was too conservative for my tastes. Eventually I decided to make my own mod which would contain some radical changes that might give some people pause, but would hopefully breathe new life into the game for everyone else.

As the name suggests, BioMod is primarily concerned with Deus Ex's augmentations, with the aim of making them more balanced, but also a lot easier to manage. Most augs are now automated, using energy only when they're actually doing their jobs. Some augs that were less useful or that would be a pain to manage have been made free or given extra abilities, while those that I thought were un-salvageable have been replaced with entirely new augs.

In addition to the augmentation system, BioMod also makes some general gameplay changes, such as the addition of pickpocketing, an autosave feature, achievement-like challenges, and a Thief style ledge grabbing system.
James
Alpha

Return to Modifications