New RPG map for Cozmo RPG mod coming soon...

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

New RPG map for Cozmo RPG mod coming soon...

Postby China » Tue Apr 19, 11 1:34 pm

A new RPG map made by Chinese Democracy and Shadowrunner which features Cozmo's wonderful RPG modification.

If you haven't yet played Cozmo RPG, here's a list of things you can do;

Buy Food, Drinks, Clothes, Weapons, Augmentations, Furniture, Houses, Apartment and Hotel Rooms!

Join the Police and imprison criminals for money, or become a criminal and elude the police and terrorise the city!

Join Gangs and lead assaults against other rival gangs by recruiting NPC followers to assist you. Defeat the Gang Boss for a big money prize!

Hold up shopkeepers for money and if your feeling brave you can rob a Bank for lots of money!

Complete initiation missions for Luminous Path, Red Arrow and the Police force!

Lose your police wanted level by paying off a corrupt Police Officer!

Use the Train Stations to travel between the City and Chinatown areas for 50 Credits, alternatively you can walk but beware of the Dangerous Slums area connecting the two areas!

Break fellow criminals from Jail!

Keep your player healthy by eating and drinking to replenish energy.

When you break the law, expect to deal with the cops. They'll spawn within a certain distance of you in certain populated areas when you have a wanted level.

Deposit and withdraw credits from various ATM machines scattered in the city, keep your money safe as when you die all money held on your person will be gone!

www.chinnysdeusexblog.wordpress.com
China
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Apr 19, 11 4:36 pm

Awesome RPG by Cozzy. :D

I specially like the china town you guys are making now, Can't wait for V2 :oops:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Shinobi » Tue Apr 19, 11 5:15 pm

Is anything significant gonna be added to the mod itself? There were a few irritating bugs as we all know.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Tue Apr 19, 11 5:16 pm

Moved to modifications.

I know it's a multiplayer mod but there's a forum here we've used most of the time. ;)
Last edited by James on Tue Apr 19, 11 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Alpha

Postby China » Tue Apr 19, 11 7:18 pm

Shinobi wrote:Is anything significant gonna be added to the mod itself? There were a few irritating bugs as we all know.

It's a very good question, I originally hoped to expand the mod with ideas thrown back and forth with Cozmo but unfortunately Cozmo has had to have some time out, I may be looking to others for improvements here and there.

If you have any suggestions at all I'd be more than happy to hear them, cheers.
China
Wannabe

Postby Shinobi » Tue Apr 19, 11 7:55 pm

Spoke to Cozmo on steam earlier, he said he'll most likely tweak it before you release map, and then he gonna release it for other to use in their maps.
Shinobi
Master

Postby China » Wed Apr 20, 11 12:23 pm

Okay cool, thanks for the info, he did say he was working on making it more user-friendly for editing etc.
China
Wannabe

Postby Marder » Tue May 03, 11 1:46 pm

I've got the energy to do a third, without using any DX story or SP brushes etc. Maybe using the unreal texture packages we have, some ramshackle rusty lunar base and complex or that aerial city Rody was talking about (without the kawaii japanese manga bit :) ). Maybe split the city into four mappers this time, or we do our thang again...

Here's some more pics of the slums and canal areas:
Last edited by Marder on Tue May 03, 11 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby Cozmo » Fri May 06, 11 10:21 am

Fun fact: Somehow my mod's ended up fulfilling its long-forgotten original purpose of an RPG kit/SDK thing (seriously Cozmo_RPG.dx was just a test map that got out of control). I've stopped being crazy and gotten some of my productive momentum back, so before I stop, I'll try to finish a final patch for the original map + give mappers the ability to make custom missions, conversations and pawns etc in the SDK and document it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

The new map looks seriously amazing though; can't wait for it. :) Must be a pain to implement my work - sorry about that. Last batch of stuff will be mapper friendly.
Cozmo
Master

Postby China » Fri May 06, 11 4:05 pm

Great to hear you are working on stuff, I think the only real issue that I had come across is with the hotel, your hotel in 2nd Avenue has six rooms I believe, I have a hotel with two rooms and another with three rooms.

I've copied in the relevant stuff but it's untested and I'm sure there will be some issues for example, if three people have bought all the rooms for the three room hotel and a fourth guy comes along he could probably still u a forth room from the NPC but there is no fourth room mapped in hehe.
China
Wannabe

Postby Marder » Sat May 07, 11 1:52 am

I would love to make some custom missions or conversations, that sounds amazing. I can see a Heng Sha RPG in the future perhaps!

One thing I was curious about, vision aug. Not that I miss it much, it almost suits the environment, especially the slums, to search cloakers and hide from them, well, to think you're hiding from them :)

Already thinking about the next map tbh... Some parts of this one, I wish I had detailed more perhaps, but the limit was 5mb, so I stuck to that.
Last edited by Marder on Sat May 07, 11 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby Marder » Sun Jul 10, 11 5:37 pm

Quick announcement.

Chinny has done some hard work on this and it is released in beta form on [FGS] Cozmo RPG server.
The idea is, to let players play it for a while, give some feedback and final changes will made in future. Seems the problem with NPC's relating to recruitment has been fixed. Hope you enjoy some time in Cozmopolis.
Last edited by Marder on Sun Jul 10, 11 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby Shinobi » Sun Jul 10, 11 11:38 pm

Got a server the did ya
Shinobi
Master

Postby SimonDenton » Mon Jul 11, 11 5:52 am

Very incredible! It just shows that even though most DX Modders are like old veterans that lack time to do things, there are still dedicated guys like all of you in this little community that are willing to continually push the limits and craft something amazing out of Deus Ex making it reach its full potential.

I recently released Summer 101 v 0.1 The mod was incomplete and I am mainly counting on the community to add more to it but we'll hopefully be updating it more and more in the future. If people are interested in a school version with buying things from shops, being school prefects imprisoning bullies in the principal's office, using weapons like slingshots and stink bombs you get from black market like kids etc. then feel free to use our content as long as you give us credit :D
Last edited by SimonDenton on Mon Jul 11, 11 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimonDenton
Wannabe

Postby Aidan » Mon Jul 11, 11 6:31 am

This is fantastic news! Great job! I can't wait to try it out!
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Marder » Sat Jul 23, 11 6:33 pm

Ye Simon, as you know, I'll fiddle with your maps and convert them for MP, I think it would be very popular. I'm sure others would be interested to work on this too. I know Ketchup is making the Ketchup bottle wep etc.

I was falling out of love with SDK rapidly, but Cozmopolis has rekindled an enthusiasm for mapping.

We updated the V2 map and an interim build is currently hosted. The next build we release will be significantly different, a slight change of weps, many more uses of tools and picks, new streets and areas and some changes in gameplay design, I believe Chinny is opening up some roofs and I've made a few changes too.

Here are some WORK IN PROGRESS pics of the new areas and changes. Some brushes are Chinny's.

Page Industries model helicopter in reception. You will find it hard to locate Page Industries, arms dealers are discreet.
Fishtank in reception at Page Industries.
Corrupt Police Station and Corrupt Prison
Canal apartment that is hard to enter
It is not advisable for tourists to visit the canals at night
Only triad use back door
Cheken shop
Building site outside Page Industries
Last edited by Marder on Sat Jul 23, 11 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby Shinobi » Sat Jul 23, 11 6:57 pm

Gonna join server in a bit when i can muster up the patience to wait for that damn download!
Shinobi
Master

Return to Modifications