Deus Ex: Frozen Hell - The TRUE Deus Ex 4 (or 6?)

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 18, 12 2:03 am

DXDenton, I just wanna say I'm a huge fan of your work, and I'm being genuine. Must've taken forever to write that dialogue in the movie. Great stuff man the plot is very interesting and unique.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 2:06 am

author_of_dx_frozen_hell wrote:I have freedom of speech, that here in the US is secured by the Bill of Rights, and internationally by The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Actually, freedom of speech laws don't exist online. You can say anything you want, true, but the owner and administrators of a website can deny you access to the website for any reason they want, which goes against the very nature of freedom of speech.

In short: Your rights mean nothing here.

author_of_dx_frozen_hell wrote:Maybe it's not, James, but slander and libel are--you know why? because it creates bad reputation that repulses my viewers away, kind of an anti-advertising.

Libel is the act of say something untrue that would damage a persons reputation. Reviewing somebodies creation or giving an opinion is not libel. Nowhere do I claim what I'm saying is true beyond that it being my opinion.

I gave you feedback. Something which is based on my opinion, not on fact. You may not like it but, unfortunately for you, none of that is illegal.

I do find it amusing that you're still going on after stating very clearly that you don't have time for this and have to go. Guess you found time for it afterall, eh?
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun Nov 18, 12 2:25 am

This person slightly reminds me of Shadowrunner?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 3:04 am

clyzm
Thank you, clyzm, I really worked with dedication and commitment. I thought through every line in the dialogues, every word to make them sound like Deus Ex. And while I don't care about critics, fans mean a lot to me.

Magniir
You can criticize something in two ways: by saying "I don't like it" or saying "It's shit". You can use the first way for as much as you want, but ain't no way Imma let you use words like "shit" "ass" "fuck" describing something that I made.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 3:39 am

Look, I understand. You're making threats because you're desperate. You can smell your end, your death, so to speak. I can help you, but you have to let me help you. I can get you the help you need, but it'll cost you. My help doesn't come cheap.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 3:56 am

I'm neither desperate nor threatening. But you are starting to rave about nonsense that is completely off-topic. Looks like it's you who needs help--medical help.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 4:29 am

In the end, all sins are forgiven. Even yours.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 4:32 am

You've got 10 seconds to beat it before I add you to a lit of NSF casualties.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:00 am

From a man who is "neither desperate nor threatening" you do enjoy making quite a number of threats.

So tell me, what happens if I don't "beat it"? Are you going to hunt me down and add me to a list of "casualties"? Or are you going to continue making empty threats? Because that's all you can do.

I gave you my opinion, I was rewarded with threats. I never said you had to agree with me, I merely asked you to listen. Instead, you sit behind your keyboard typing furiously trying to justify your actions whilst making me look bad.

Instead of reading my opinion and seeing it for what it is, you threaten me. Instead of looking at my posts and addressing the arguments I made, you go completely off-topic and threaten me.

You are nothing. You are a small mouse. Actually, more like a rock. Adamant and stubborn, you do not move, but you are unaware of that which surrounds you. Ignorant and stubborn, just like a rock.

In the end, all sins are forgiven. Even yours.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Nov 18, 12 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:08 am

Five seconds.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:11 am

Allow me to repeat myself, since I don't expect you to read the edit:

So tell me, what happens if I don't "beat it"? Are you going to hunt me down and add me to a list of "casualties"? Or are you going to continue making empty threats? Because that's all you can do.

I gave you my opinion, I was rewarded with threats. I never said you had to agree with me, I merely asked you to listen. Instead, you sit behind your keyboard typing furiously trying to justify your actions whilst making me look bad.

Instead of reading my opinion and seeing it for what it is, you threaten me. Instead of looking at my posts and addressing the arguments I made, you go completely off-topic and threaten me.

Go ahead, make my day.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:15 am

Magniir
Unreal Asshole. Hope that's your killphrase. If not then--what a shame.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:23 am

Sticks and stones.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:25 am

This got really weird toward the end :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:27 am

Mastakilla wrote:This got really weird toward the end :lol:

When rational and logic no longer works, you must eventually stoop down to their level.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:29 am

Magniir
You are completely irrational and illogical. Give me a challenge at least.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:36 am

You're out of your league, son. I've already won, see.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:40 am

It was me who actually humiliated you eventually.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:45 am

Humiliated me eventually? Is this you telling the future, or are you as delusional as you are ignorant?

I wasn't aware you could tell how somebody feels across several thousand feet of copper wiring.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 5:56 am

Writing long responses does make you look humiliated. Cause it takes away your time that you could use better. For you are not on my schedule, I reply quickly but hit right in the balls.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 6:08 am

The length of one's post does not determine whether they are humiliated, but the words they post do.

Face it: You came here looking for an easy kill, thinking we'd all feel guilty and shamed for mocking an aspiring artist. You didn't expect resistance, and now you're trying to find some way to regain your pride.

Go home, little one. Return to whence you came and forget everything that has transpired here. The joke's on you and the joke was only ever amongst ourselves. We haven't destroyed what little "reputation" you may have but trust me when I say that with your attitude you'll probably destroy it yourself sooner or later.

[e] Oh, might I add that my balls feel fine. But thanks for asking. Your aim is true and yet you miss every time. Ready to give up yet?
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Nov 18, 12 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 6:22 am

Magniir wrote:You came here looking for an easy kill,

That's news for me.

Although you didn't realize it yet, the joke is on you, Magniir, and you made a joke out of yourself by your raving nonsense. Don't you realize every word you write is laughable and not intimidating at all? I'll go home, but you, pal, go to hell.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 6:33 am

I truly don't understand you. I can't tell if you're ignorant or just really, really stupid.

You accuse me of intimidating and threatening you but then proceed to do the exact same thing. You then proudly proclaim you're going to leave but then proceed to stay.

All you've done so far is walk into the house of the enemy thinking that was a smart idea. You came to us - a bunch of people who already thought your work was sub-par at best - thinking you'd do what, exactly? No really, why don't you educate me a bit.

What did you honestly think you'd accomplish by coming here? The only thing you've managed to do thus far is make yourself look like the utter fool I already thought you were.

You barge into a topic created over 6 months ago, try to guilt-trip people by stating how hard you worked on a mediocre pile of shit, and then you start insulting people because they don't want to choke on your ego.

You're nothing more than a joke, a sick plaything that's only purpose is to give me my daily dose of amusement.
Psychotic
Master

Postby author_of_dx_frozen_hell » Sun Nov 18, 12 6:53 am

People don't watch a "pile of shit", pal, and they don't dedicate half of the forum for it. Regardless, our conversation only unintentionally made my project more popular, according to my statistics. Now why don't you shut the hell up and stop trolling me for an unknown goal?

Now this is the end of discussion. I only found more fans and you amused yourself by posting all your bullshit, but eventually that was harmless to me and insignificant for anyone else.

I'd like to stay here and chat but I have to get going. While I always be here to talk to my fans, in the future you'll be ignored, Magniir. Because, like I stated above, you're out of my schedule.
author_of_dx_frozen_hell

Postby Psychotic » Sun Nov 18, 12 7:04 am

For someone who is out of your schedule you sure do respond to me a lot. For someone who is apparently trolling you sure do love to feed me.

So you're leaving, are you? I did tell you to go do that numerous times, so only now are you taking my advice? What a shame.
Psychotic
Master

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 18, 12 8:14 am

yo guys

settle down man before i do some moderation up in this
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Sun Nov 18, 12 11:33 pm

author_of_dx_frozen_hell wrote:Magniir
You can criticize something in two ways: by saying "I don't like it" or saying "It's shit". You can use the first way for as much as you want, but ain't no way Imma let you use words like "shit" "ass" "fuck" describing something that I made.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with disliking your own work if you feel the need to improve it?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Mon Nov 19, 12 9:44 pm

author_of_dx_frozen_hell wrote:Number one. You didn't expect I would give my songs for free download, did you? 70 cents is the minimal price on RouteNote, and it's not so much for my songs (which are awesome as heck, and anyone who doesn't agree is a Justin Bieber fan).
Number two. I saw a bunch of inflammatory feedback. For that I tell you this: I've worked on this mod hard as heck and without a team. I was dedicated to the work I do...DON'T LIKE DON'T WATCH BLEEEEEEEEEGH

DeusDenton, I think your work is, on the surface, narcissistic, poorly developed, poorly produced, boring, non-sensical, jarring and disgraceful to the source material. However, it has genuinely brought joy to a lot of people on these forums, and in the DX 'community'. This is literally the biggest thing to happen to the game's culture for about two-three years and has acted as 'bonding' for us. That's definitely something of value and makes this into a bizarre artistic statement; at least for me.

In terms of your music, I did exactly the same thing when I was a bit younger than you; except there wasn't Youtube at the time. Viewing yourself as a rock star is all apart of growing up and I'm not going to take it away from you. What you should be aware of, however, is the internet as an open forum. So innocent work like this will come under grating criticism and parody, as it has done. Don't stop doing what you do because I say it's shit, though, because you (eventually) hone the skills necessary to make something decent; it's great that you have such enthusiasm for it.

Couple of things: work on the timing of the drum machine (PLEASE), TUNE THE GUITARS (AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!), learn to vibrato a lot better, don't emulate Linkin Park.

EDIT: oh fuck the end of this convo. And it's not libel if your reputation cannot be lowered further...
Last edited by Tantalus on Mon Nov 19, 12 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psychotic » Tue Nov 20, 12 10:26 am

The problem, Tantalus, is that I'm quite sure DeusDenton is past the point of "growing up", or should be if he was born in July 1991. This would make him roughly 3 months younger than me and nearly a year older than yourself.

The sad twist to this is that if he really is in his 20s and can't learn to take the crap he's going to be handed then he's really not going to go anywhere. People may mature at different rates but, quite frankly, he should've learnt much of this shit 5 years ago, at least.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue Nov 20, 12 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Tantalus » Tue Nov 20, 12 11:19 am

Whaaaaaaaat?! That's truly baffling if he was born in 1991.
Last edited by Tantalus on Tue Nov 20, 12 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications