Converting .dx map files to any other format?

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Converting .dx map files to any other format?

Postby saintblue » Thu Jan 08, 15 7:45 pm

I've replayed DX almost 3 times a year since it came out, I know just about everything there is to know about the game iteself. I've recently taken on the duty of converting every model into Source format so i can upload it on the workshop for free use. It proved challenging but it was in all ways possible. But one thing has always troubled me, I've never found a way to convert the map files into anything other then the default .dx format. I've rarely seen a unatco map used in gmod years back but trying to track it down has proved fruitless. Is it a madmans dream? I've searched and searched and have nothing to show for it. i figured if it was possible someone on hear must know?
saintblue

Re: Converting .dx map files to any other format?

Postby James » Fri Jan 09, 15 3:26 am

Hello. I believe you can save Unreal Engine maps as a 3d model with static mesh and then convert that into a BSP which should be able to be used in any edition of Hammer.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby saintblue » Fri Jan 09, 15 4:16 pm

Hmm, I open the map in the unreal editor, export it as a .t3d, open it in the t3d viewer, and its just a bunch of random shapes, exporting that to a .obj file produces nothing, Same goes for exporting it as a brush from the editor.
saintblue

Postby James » Sat Jan 10, 15 2:35 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Jan 13, 15 2:41 pm

Any luck?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Modifications