GMDX - Faithful Single-player mod

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

GMDX - Faithful Single-player mod

Postby James » Sun Sep 04, 16 5:59 pm

GMDX seeks to enhance the player experience wherever possible, from gameplay to audio design to graphics, while maintaining strict respect for the original game’s identity and essential design principles. The objective is not to change the fundamental core of Deus Ex, but rather to dig deeper; to more fully achieve and build upon the creative vision put forth by Warren Spector and the Ion Storm Austin team back in 2000.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx

http://genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx

This modification is way better than Revision, Shifter and BioMod. Also providing a lot of interesting gameplay mechanics for enemies and their AI on top of player buffs.

Shame about textures but all other mods are bad at that too.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Re: GMDX - Faithful Single-player mod

Postby CyberP » Sun Apr 02, 17 1:59 am

^and it gets even better: http://www.givemedeusex.com/
CyberP

Postby James » Sun Apr 02, 17 10:12 am

Damn, this is truly a much better looking modification than Revision. Not only that, but the AI looks so nice.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby CyberP » Fri May 12, 17 6:52 am

CyberP

Postby James » Fri May 12, 17 8:31 pm

>Clyzm

YASSSS
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Jul 08, 17 1:41 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Jul 10, 17 11:25 am

- Strange bug that caused freezing after I saved in a certain position inside the small bunker-esqe building (electric puzzle) after making Gunther and military bot upset. I used the ps20 to kill a guy there, on the alt fire.
- Smoking crashes the game if you die from it, possibly because I was in real time menu.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Clancy Stein » Tue Jul 11, 17 4:41 am

GMDX is excellent, but Revision had fantastic map design. Altho the makers should never have tried their hand at adding new supplemental writing. It didn't fair well in comparison to the original quality material.
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby James » Wed Jul 12, 17 11:49 am

I hate Revision's map design. Visually it has improved a lot of locales but that doesn't translate to good game design. Also, Manderly's office in Revision is super laughable.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Jul 13, 17 9:41 am

- I believe AI path-finding confusion from clowny business (constantly resetting their behavior by making constant sounds like opening doors over and over again as they try and get through them) is causing the game to crash.

Although this should be fixed, I recommend AI should attempt to break down doors after repeated attempts to get in but failing. This can be done with certain equipment such as a shotgun or DTS, and a check between damage threshold to actor weapon damage with some obvious bans such as LAMs and GEP, unless you get their AI to work smoothly. Alternatively give this behaviour as default to certain stronger enemies such as transgenics, MIBs, WIBs, MJ12 and MJ12 commandos.

While this may create more opportunities for the player to 'cheese' sections by having them break doors without wasting resources, chances are there's not a lot of enemies with explosives or weapons strong enough to open simple doors.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Modifications