Deus ex 2 tips hints and cheats.

Discussion about the sequel by Ion Storm.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Deus ex 2 tips hints and cheats.

Postby Shogun » Sat Jan 10, 04 8:57 pm

Okay no cheats but I think all of those with the game may want to share their knoledge. I have just got to Cairo. If you have the game or are going to get it I will disclose my power of TRIAL AND ERROR, okay well by that I have tried playing the first section of the game multiple ways (by first section I mean the bit AFTER Tarsus I forgot the name of the city).
P.S. Does anyone even have the game?
Image
User avatar
Shogun
Poster
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 03 8:02 pm
Location: Preston

Postby Aussiefella » Tue Jan 27, 04 5:25 am

Splitter sent it to me but my video card is not compatible....
Image
User avatar
Aussiefella
Master
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 03 1:36 am
Location: Warrnambool, Australia

Postby Zondartul » Mon Jan 03, 05 6:33 pm

In DX:IW there is a debbug menu, in DX2Menu.ini. how do i activete it?
________________
_______________
______________
_____________
____________
___________
__________
_________
________
_______
______
_____
____
___
__
_
User avatar
Zondartul
Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 04 7:27 am

Postby ZepHroN » Mon Jan 03, 05 7:38 pm

Sensei Brenda, i want to go on a killing rampage regardless of how the game is designed to be played. How might i do that? (I heard you were the best to ask)
Image
Image
User avatar
ZepHroN
Elite
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 03 10:14 pm
Location: Blackpool, UK

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Sun Jan 29, 06 7:34 am

ZepHroN wrote:Sensei Brenda, i want to go on a killing rampage regardless of how the game is designed to be played. How might i do that? (I heard you were the best to ask)

Melee seems to be the best of choice at hand because:
1) Ammo is costy and should be invested on harder targets
2) Melee can deal tons of dmg (around 4 hits and she/he is down
3) So you can improve on your evasive skills.

btw, work for the Omars to get the discounts, your blackmarket mods will max in no time.
User avatar
Tsukasa Nishino
Master
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 04 9:36 pm

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 29, 06 2:50 pm

Tsukkie wrote:
ZepHroN wrote:Sensei Brenda, i want to go on a killing rampage regardless of how the game is designed to be played. How might i do that? (I heard you were the best to ask)

Melee seems to be the best of choice at hand because:
1) Ammo is costy and should be invested on harder targets
2) Melee can deal tons of dmg (around 4 hits and she/he is down
3) So you can improve on your evasive skills.

btw, work for the Omars to get the discounts, your blackmarket mods will max in no time.


I have Ammo Scavenger on my sniper rifle. One head shot kill on most things. Uses a 1/4 of 1 ammo clip. Not so costly.

At higer levels evasive skills won't help. The Ai's aim improves a GREAT deal when you play at a higher level.
Bob
Forum God
 
Posts: 8552
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 04 9:14 pm
Location: Scotland - Marco's House =P

Postby ferdvds » Fri Mar 03, 06 10:58 am

Hehe I still can't get over the disappointment I felt after getting this game, such an oppurtunity missed. I doubt I will ever re-install it it, can anyone tell me if any decent mods were ever made for this game? If ever there was a game that needs improvements or variations its this one
Jay is one very smelly girl, it's true, it's DAMN true! :D
ferdvds
Poster
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 04 1:32 am

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 03, 06 9:09 pm

They realesed a texture package (the community that is) a quick google search will sort you out in no time.
Bob
Forum God
 
Posts: 8552
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 04 9:14 pm
Location: Scotland - Marco's House =P

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Sat Mar 04, 06 6:16 am

Bob wrote:
Tsukkie wrote:
ZepHroN wrote:Sensei Brenda, i want to go on a killing rampage regardless of how the game is designed to be played. How might i do that? (I heard you were the best to ask)

Melee seems to be the best of choice at hand because:
1) Ammo is costy and should be invested on harder targets
2) Melee can deal tons of dmg (around 4 hits and she/he is down
3) So you can improve on your evasive skills.

btw, work for the Omars to get the discounts, your blackmarket mods will max in no time.


I have Ammo Scavenger on my sniper rifle. One head shot kill on most things. Uses a 1/4 of 1 ammo clip. Not so costly.

At higer levels evasive skills won't help. The Ai's aim improves a GREAT deal when you play at a higher level.


Well my ammo is usually on peak (except when I used the mag rail), because I used the Toxin Blade most of the time.
User avatar
Tsukasa Nishino
Master
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 04 9:36 pm

Postby Snakey » Sat Mar 04, 06 4:06 pm

I always use the Mag Rail to shoot the big armoured templars through the walls, it's the best way IMO.
<center>

Image
User avatar
Snakey
Alpha
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 05 7:09 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Siva » Sat Mar 04, 06 6:01 pm

[GODZ]Snakey~ wrote:I always use the Mag Rail to shoot the big armoured templars through the walls, it's the best way IMO.


Side note: Goldeneye Rouge Agent On the DS has mag rail., combined with see through eye-mod lets you shoot through walls with mad procision (H).
//..
User avatar
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people
 
Posts: 6751
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 05 4:56 pm

Postby Snakey » Sat Mar 04, 06 6:02 pm

Thats exactly what I do with DXIW.

I love final level vision enhancement <3
<center>

Image
User avatar
Snakey
Alpha
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 05 7:09 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Tsukasa Nishino » Sun Mar 05, 06 3:35 am

if only they have that mod for the DXIW mag rail.
User avatar
Tsukasa Nishino
Master
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 04 9:36 pm

Postby Avenger » Mon Dec 18, 06 10:47 pm

what does debug mode mean ?
I will withdraw; but this intrusion shall
Now seeming sweet, convert to bitt'rest gall

|<~~Avenger~~>|
User avatar
Avenger
Wannabe
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 06 9:14 am

Postby Alathaea » Sat Mar 22, 08 5:43 am

Well, you can make it so that enemies can't damage you or damage you very little by editing files - but it's probably better to back them up. My laptop automatically backs up program files when you edit them, but i'm pretty sure that's not default.
Alathaea
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 08 5:17 am

Postby Kaiden » Sat Mar 22, 08 6:21 am

I don't think he will read that.. posted nearly a year and a half ago. :)
------
Kaiden
Alpha
 
Posts: 6969
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 06 11:21 pm
Location: England


Return to Deus Ex: Invisible War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron