data3.cab

Discussion about the sequel by Ion Storm.

Moderator: Forum Guards

data3.cab

Postby Mahou » Sun May 20, 07 7:25 pm

Hi anyone who can help,

I just felt like replaying DX2 again and so tried to install it.
But half way through installation it said the file called 'data3.cab' is either in an unknown format or damaged.

Can anyone help me? I don't know if it is possible but, assuming my 'data3.cab' is damaged, could somebody send me theirs?

Thanks!
~ Mahou-chan ~
Mahou
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun May 20, 07 7:46 pm

What from are you installing it? DVD?

If so, I'm not sure that even if I send it to you, you will be able to load it to the installer (does it ask you for a working file?)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Sun May 20, 07 7:47 pm

hmm, I don't know if this is relevant, but when I tried to download Swat4, half way through it said can;t find datacab4 and this was apparently because I extracted, unrared it?

Might be something else, if so I'm not sure
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Mahou » Sun May 20, 07 10:54 pm

Dae[A] wrote:What from are you installing it? DVD?

If so, I'm not sure that even if I send it to you, you will be able to load it to the installer (does it ask you for a working file?)

It's a rewritable CD and it says that it would replace any file with the same name. It didn't ask for a working file I don't think, it just said the file is either in an unknown format or damaged--probably damaged.

I guess seeing as I can't even install it so by trying to replace the file it can't do anymore damage, so definitely worth a try.

I read up about data3.cab and apparently when it is missing this is a catch-out for people who just copy games etc. But also, it seems that genuine buyers of games are caught out too. In the past I've installed and played DX2 from the same CD but now it won't let me. . . not sure what has made it change.

Thanks Dae.
~ Mahou-chan ~
Mahou
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon May 21, 07 4:55 pm

DX2 is definitely more than 1 GB in size and I wonder how did you pack it to a CD, which allows 700 megs max?

Try to copy the files from the disk to your hard drive and install from there. If that doesn't work I'll upload data3.cab for you (forgot about that option :oops: )
Dae
Alpha

Postby Mahou » Tue May 22, 07 7:46 pm

Hey Dae,

I tried copying it onto my hard drive and it said 'Cannot copy data3.cab: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)'.

Would you be able to upload data3.cab for me or send via msn? Whichever is more convenient for you. Thanks Dae!
~ Mahou-chan ~
Mahou
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Tue May 22, 07 8:14 pm

I burnt DX2 onto a DVD and it works fine. (The copy that you hosted about half a year ago)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby KillerZ » Thu Jul 12, 07 10:41 pm

When you get DX2 on CD's they are on two disks.

If your getting that error, its most likely trying to find it on the 2nd CD, which I hear nothing of.
KillerZ
Poster

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Aug 08, 07 6:27 pm

I've had the same problem. Delete all of your existing IWar files (move your saves if you want) and try again. And also clean your discs.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Return to Deus Ex: Invisible War