[REQUEST]MMKickVote

The forum for discussions that don't fall into any of release topics below.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[REQUEST]MMKickVote

Postby SnakeEater » Fri Feb 15, 08 10:46 pm

This is a tool I thought about we should make for deus ex, sends everyone to a console when it's lagging really bad, it will display everyone's ping's and vote who to kick out for one game, then the person get's kicked out and everyone can continue playing, cut the lag off by voting, heh idea is from red alert 2, and yuri's revenge, it doe's that when everyone is having connection problem's, lagging or any other type, but in other words this is a great idea...
The eye sore has been removed!

I really do think Deus Ex is the all-time best game ever made.
User avatar
SnakeEater
Poster
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 07 2:26 am
Location: Inside the void of your hard drive space

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Feb 15, 08 11:29 pm

but i have a great ping. and everyone will kick me.... :(

Great idea. but certain peoples will just kick peoples and abuse it...... Like a 1 clan mems will kick there enemys clan members. For no reason. and in other server......
User avatar
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Tue May 22, 07 12:23 pm

Postby SnakeEater » Fri Feb 15, 08 11:30 pm

but i don't understand why, all I know is, i would kick someone that kick's you if that make's you feel better, that good?
The eye sore has been removed!

I really do think Deus Ex is the all-time best game ever made.
User avatar
SnakeEater
Poster
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 07 2:26 am
Location: Inside the void of your hard drive space

Re: [REQUEST]MMKickVote

Postby Eçheløn » Sat Feb 16, 08 4:22 am

SnakeEater wrote:This is a tool I thought about we should make for deus ex, sends everyone to a console when it's lagging really bad, it will display everyone's ping's and vote who to kick out for one game, then the person get's kicked out and everyone can continue playing, cut the lag off by voting, heh idea is from red alert 2, and yuri's revenge, it doe's that when everyone is having connection problem's, lagging or any other type, but in other words this is a great idea...


I don't understand this, i hope you don't mean kicking someone because they have high ping, because i get high ping and i don't cause lag.

And lag can come from several factors:

-Downloaders.
-Bad Host.
-Bad Connection.

Unless you remove 'downloads' lag will always be present....
Except for alpha server how do you guys prevent lag when people download Alpha ?
Eçheløn
Poster
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun May 07, 06 4:55 pm
Location: Fiji

Postby SnakeEater » Sat Feb 16, 08 5:59 am

i have a good connection, which is dsl, but what do you mean bad host?
The eye sore has been removed!

I really do think Deus Ex is the all-time best game ever made.
User avatar
SnakeEater
Poster
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 07 2:26 am
Location: Inside the void of your hard drive space

Re: [REQUEST]MMKickVote

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Sat Feb 16, 08 7:07 am

~[XPS]~Eçheløn wrote:
SnakeEater wrote:This is a tool I thought about we should make for deus ex, sends everyone to a console when it's lagging really bad, it will display everyone's ping's and vote who to kick out for one game, then the person get's kicked out and everyone can continue playing, cut the lag off by voting, heh idea is from red alert 2, and yuri's revenge, it doe's that when everyone is having connection problem's, lagging or any other type, but in other words this is a great idea...


I don't understand this, i hope you don't mean kicking someone because they have high ping, because i get high ping and i don't cause lag.

And lag can come from several factors:

-Downloaders.
-Bad Host.
-Bad Connection.

Unless you remove 'downloads' lag will always be present....
Except for alpha server how do you guys prevent lag when people download Alpha ?
This is correct you must have a bad computer or a horrible connection. Possibly you live far from the server.
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
User avatar
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 07 3:07 pm

Postby VodunLoas » Sat Feb 16, 08 8:43 am

Just because someone may have a higher ping, doesn't mean they are the one lagging everyone.
User avatar
VodunLoas
Alpha
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 04 7:16 am

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Feb 16, 08 2:05 pm

SnakeEater wrote:but i don't understand why, all I know is, i would kick someone that kick's you if that make's you feel better, that good?
then you gonna abuse .. and ppl will leave server and call u admin abuser becoz i think admin wont get kicked right?

forget it i like lag too >_>
User avatar
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Tue May 22, 07 12:23 pm

Postby Gishank » Sat Feb 16, 08 3:40 pm

[A] Prevent it as they use a Dedicated Gaming Server. Heck, any Dedicated Gaming Server you find to do with any-game. Will have a Faster-Download rate and there will be little-no lag from people downloading the required files.
Image
Gishank
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 4235
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 05 9:17 am
Location: London, England.


Return to Comments, questions, requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron