Attempt to fix the most common GPF

The forum for discussions that don't fall into any of release topics below.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Attempt to fix the most common GPF

Postby Dae » Mon Sep 19, 05 8:34 am

I'm going to do a tiny attempt to fix the most common GPF (General Protection Fault error - like 70% of all GPF's) which appears after you use a medkit. Not to mention that its the most annoying GPF, because you get thrown out of the game usually in the middle of the fight.

There are two issues about it:
1. Have you noticed any tendency when does this GPF appear? I've tryed to provoke it on my server and used over 500 medkits and none resulted in that error. I've tryed to use them with the bind, without it, while shooting, while standing still, but no... And I think, this GPF appears only there are players on the server (?)

2. I need testers, as server hosters, as normal players. I *hope* NoChance will host it.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Dejavu » Mon Sep 19, 05 1:47 pm

if i stand still, it doesnt occur. only if i move, jump, running out of the fight.

hmmm, what if it gives the problem when someone is shooting you and taking your health down. and using medkit + running that time brings GPF? just an idea.
Dejavu
Regular

Postby Dae » Mon Sep 19, 05 2:16 pm

DejaVu wrote:if i stand still, it doesnt occur. only if i move, jump, running out of the fight.

hmmm, what if it gives the problem when someone is shooting you and taking your health down. and using medkit + running that time brings GPF? just an idea.

Maybe we could try together to imitate that?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 19, 05 4:32 pm

Yes, its most of the time when moving, it also happens faster, when there are multiple persons in your view.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ScandalZ » Fri Sep 23, 05 9:24 pm

I'll tell you how to get that GPF no problem... It happens almost every time. Works best with smuggler map though. scope your sniper down any long hallway, have a person to your left with a DTS, and another shooting you down the hall with assaultgun or whatever is automatic (thus adding to the server confusion changeing you and the DTS guy's health) now, shoot the sniper at his legs (then he meds). Instant GPF... happends every time just about. I tryed it :D
behold... Its complicated, but its usually something in that situation that does it. I would explain why, but im lazy lol.

----Oops, i almost forgot, the DTS guy needs to swing the sword once while he shoots the assaultgun down the hall.
ScandalZ

Return to Comments, questions, requests