Ideas for MMUserInterface

The forum for discussions that don't fall into any of release topics below.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Ideas for MMUserInterface

Postby Alex » Wed Feb 28, 07 6:48 pm

For the actual release topic, go here.

This topic is for all ideas you have for future released of MMUserInterface.

Please, if you post an idea, use understandable English, and post as much information as you can.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Wed Feb 28, 07 8:11 pm

Imperial wrote:
TehStevie wrote:We need some DXMP hax magic, to add custom MSL's to the MP menu.

You heard the man. Guides like www.hostonmms.tk and numerous readmes are all nice and dandy, but with many who don't even know how to change their team :roll: then you can't expect them to be able to add custom masterservers, so howa bout this:

Next MMuserinterface, could be a self insaller, which basically just adds all the relevant info into the ini.

But like DK said, some similar concept to Alrighty mods, where Admin bar was added to the mp menu. MMuserinterface should be the same, so perhaps replace Multiplayer, so when you click on it, it comes up with the title, masterservers, and you just click on the one you want

E.g

Multiplayer- Masterservers
Gamespy
DXMTL
GODE

So click on it and it brings you in. Possible and Very Attractive. I say self installer, because like I said, a learge majirty of people can barely change their team, know how to, let alone adding a new masterserver.

So what say you?

To shoretne load up times :)
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby rob » Wed Feb 28, 07 8:14 pm

1 big mod which installs nephys and mm userinterface, and does everything for you so nooby computer people can sit back install a file and its done, :D
________
FREE GIFT CARD
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby Alex » Wed Feb 28, 07 9:21 pm

Imperial: Why let the user choose per MasterServer, while they are combined now?

Rob: This is about MMUserInterface, not about an installer which installs important mods.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 28, 07 9:28 pm

I always forgot to say - you need to make the list cacheable, so it won't go each time you open that window and refreshing will be done manually. It's definitely "a must". Such thing exists in all other multiplayer games I know.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Allan » Fri Mar 02, 07 3:27 am

Hmm... I've got 2 ideas:

1) A progress bar. Sometimes, when your list is taking forever to load, it's nice to know how well your progress is doing :)
It should only be visible while refreshing, and I think it would look good if it was a bar-like thing, like the Hacking... windows for the security terminals.

2) Alternate filtering options.
Personally, I think that the filtering options suck ass. So, prehaps you should scrap those, and put in a button in their place, that pops up another window, with some advanced filtering options (IE: Augs, 0-augs, Not Full, Not Empty, More than X amount of players...)
The window could be like the one used in the DXMTL mutators tab, or just another DX style one, like the Host Game window, just with filtering options :)
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~[T]GrimRaPeR~ » Fri Mar 02, 07 3:47 am

[A]llan wrote: More than X amount of players...)

I like that idea plus one with a ping filter would be a good one.
~[T]GrimRaPeR~
Poster

Postby VodunLoas » Fri Mar 02, 07 5:09 am

What's funny is that all of that would be good, except there is almost no reason for it, because of the lack of servers in the first place.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Dae » Fri Mar 02, 07 4:57 pm

Filtering between 10 servers? That's not really necessary.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 05, 07 7:07 pm

Alex
please improve usability of your installer by letting it find Deus Ex automatically by registry entries, just like Nephthys installer does.

+ don't pack it to .zip, so noobs will not have to deal with unpacking
Dae
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Mon Mar 05, 07 7:13 pm

Also is there anyway to implement it as that it can list the Gamespy missing servers :/
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Mar 05, 07 8:04 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Alex
please improve usability of your installer by letting it find Deus Ex automatically by registry entries, just like Nephthys installer does.

+ don't pack it to .zip, so noobs will not have to deal with unpacking

But it should be selectable. I already dislike the installer, cos I cannot do it manually anymore.
Apart of this, I do not have a registry entry for DX anymore since 2002
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Mar 05, 07 8:12 pm

But it should be selectable. I already dislike the installer, cos I cannot do it manually anymore.

Just like the majority of installers: if it doesn't find an entry, you specify it manually.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Bear » Sat Nov 17, 07 7:12 pm

Ermm , well Im not sure if you can make this but a "Buddies" or "Freinds" list would be great , would work in the same way as the favorates , but does names insted , it will tell you if they are looking at the servers , or they are in one , sounds very complicated but im sure you can do it Alex.
Bear
Addict

Postby Survive. » Sat Nov 17, 07 11:57 pm

{17}HeY wrote:Ermm , well Im not sure if you can make this but a "Buddies" or "Freinds" list would be great , would work in the same way as the favorates , but does names insted , it will tell you if they are looking at the servers , or they are in one , sounds very complicated but im sure you can do it Alex.

Or you could register your IP to the masterserver? Or something like that? I am not sure what CAN and what CANT be created to be truthfull.

And that will be very complicated right?
Survive.
Master

Postby Baleout » Sun Nov 18, 07 1:09 am

Sometimes when listing servers by amount of players, sometimes servers that are either full or just have lots of people on appear under servers with fewer people. Can this be fixed, and possibly also add a hide full/empty servers checkbox too.
Baleout
Master

Postby Allan » Sun Nov 18, 07 8:19 pm

Baleout wrote:Sometimes when listing servers by amount of players, sometimes servers that are either full or just have lots of people on appear under servers with fewer people.
That's because the numbers are sorted by alphabetical order, not numerical order.

Thus, any server with 10+ people in goes along with those who have 1 in. It's because the Players In Game value is compared as a string, rather than an integer, methinks.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Nov 18, 07 8:20 pm

Yeah.. What he said! :lol:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Tonnochi » Sun Nov 18, 07 8:54 pm

I think DX needs a lobby chat. For example, when a server goes down and you're playing with your friends so you can still communicate and organize which other server to go to, etc.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Sun Nov 18, 07 8:55 pm

With spam protection!
Baleout
Master

Postby {17}agentsmith » Sun Nov 18, 07 9:20 pm

thats a really good idea, some sort of comminicating with players, there have been numerous times when i have been trying to find which server people are in, or have been stuck outside a clan war :cry:
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Kaiden » Sun Nov 18, 07 9:52 pm

But you'll get Majin and co just flamming everyone like 17's ChatBox. It would need quite heavy Moderation.

Basically something like Alex's ChatBox, with IP logging to prevent impersonating.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Mon Nov 19, 07 2:01 am

Good ideas. :wink:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 19, 07 7:29 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:But you'll get Majin and co just flamming everyone like 17's ChatBox. It would need quite heavy Moderation.

Basically something like Alex's ChatBox, with IP logging to prevent impersonating.

You mean my ShoutBox?
And if I ever make a chat, it will be IRC...
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Nov 19, 07 12:12 pm

Yeah the shoutbox. :shock:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby {17}Ales » Thu Nov 22, 07 10:05 pm

Dae[A] wrote:Filtering between 10 servers? That's not really necessary.

Lol exactly what I was thinking. About the chatbox thing, wont you need some sort of master server for this to store the messages ect..?
My msn is now updated add me xD.
{17}Ales
Regular

Postby Batchy » Thu Nov 22, 07 10:17 pm

Its called IRC xD
Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Fri Dec 14, 07 8:11 pm

Hi!

I got an idea which perhaps could help some for DX to survive if Gamespy will stop hosting a masterserver for us.

You should add an adline. It would keep all players informed about the most important DX stuff. Like: "Install MMUI190 now! Install CRDMBugfix to protect your server!" etc. The adline would be refreshed recently by Alex or someone else.
How to make it known? Easy. Host a 24/7 server which advertises this mod and add the most important information about it. Yea it might be a bit circuitous but it's very important to keep the DX players informed and the game alive.

The main reason i mentioned this adline thing is that if Gamespy shuts the masterserver down, the players wouldn't stop playing because they could still host servers on Alex's masterserver or any other masterserver (if there are).

Is it possible to create this adline I'm talking about?

~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Dae » Fri Dec 14, 07 9:07 pm

I support the idea, it would be great
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri Dec 14, 07 9:08 pm

That area is already being used by the MasterServer bit (bUseMultipleMasterServer - False, then it shows a textbox there, plus 2 arrows.)
Alex
Alpha

Next

Return to Comments, questions, requests