What's DXC?
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Sat Apr 28, 07 9:40 pm

A figment of your imagination
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Imperial » Sun Apr 29, 07 9:21 pm

Clans are far tooo serious imho..

it should be more fun with organisation and activeness inside game and out
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby chinny » Mon Apr 30, 07 7:26 pm

what would be good is another godz-sytle server, that way new players can all play in one server and have a good funny game of dx, and hone their skills.

Godz was such an important part of deus ex, love it or hate it.
[url=http:///dxfactory.freeforums.org]Image[/url]
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Zantinzuken » Mon Apr 30, 07 9:09 pm

It was a hub for crap players to get a kill, no one progressed in the game whilst they played in that server. They'd leave godz for a second, realise that there was no HE/LAMS/Chest shots, then return to the shitfest.

It wasn't good for the game, at all. It would be better without the unfair advantages and poor maps.

DejaVu's servers are actually better for the game, they teach the players how to get a damn kill, without resorting to tricking the newbies into thinking they were actually good at the game. :smt099
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby synthetic » Mon Apr 30, 07 11:40 pm

Zantinzuken wrote:It was a hub for crap players to get a kill, no one progressed in the game whilst they played in that server. They'd leave godz for a second, realise that there was no HE/LAMS/Chest shots, then return to the shitfest.

It wasn't good for the game, at all. It would be better without the unfair advantages and poor maps.

DejaVu's servers are actually better for the game, they teach the players how to get a damn kill, without resorting to tricking the newbies into thinking they were actually good at the game. :smt099

what he said. 100% true. GODZ players that didnt have the balls to leave server at some point and play in active clean servers usually became... well just look at hitman... veteran of godz server... this is what happens if you play in godz server on godz maps for 4 years. Your braincells reduce to zero.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby chinny » Tue May 01, 07 1:20 am

your intitled to your opinion, but i just believe it is a good starting point for new players, a point you've seemed to have overlooked.
chinny
Wannabe

Postby synthetic » Tue May 01, 07 1:34 am

i thought zanti clearly stated that current dejavu servers serve that purpose nicely.

Besides you think good players didnt go to godz at all? hah.

Some players thought they were the shit because they couldnt stop owning there. No scope sniper is a cake to any online gamer = dead beginners that gain no actual dx scoping skill.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Tue May 01, 07 9:36 am

chinny wrote:what would be good is another godz-sytle server, that way new players can all play in one server and have a good funny game of dx, and hone their skills.

Godz was such an important part of deus ex, love it or hate it.

Its not really honing your skills if your skills have been amplified.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Zantinzuken » Tue May 01, 07 1:33 pm

chinny wrote:your intitled to your opinion, but i just believe it is a good starting point for new players, a point you've seemed to have overlooked.

I didn't overlook anything in your post. :s

You said that GODZ was a good place to hone their skills, I replied with:

"It was a hub for crap players to get a kill, no one progressed in the game whilst they played in that server. They'd leave godz for a second, realise that there was no HE/LAMS/Chest shots, then return to the shitfest."

See?
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby chinny » Tue May 01, 07 5:01 pm

Dejavu's is augged so it's not the same, godz was always popular it was a good place for new players to learn the game, that can only be a good thing, like i said love it or hate it godz served a purpose, your guys obviously hated it

:P
chinny
Wannabe

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Tue May 01, 07 7:09 pm

It's true to say that players hid in godzserver using chest shots,turrets, lams, 20mm to get their kills ...but to say Deja's server is doing a nice job of doing what GODZ was doing is not true.

Now we have the same situation as before, a bunch of BTDM players who hide on beginners server, own with turrets, LAW, lams, 20mm and plasma and who are too scared to go play and EL and T server. The situation in that respect has not changed.

Also hate it or love it, the GODZ rifle offered a more realistic (but less skilled) sniper weapon. It was a mistake the moment a community attacked a mod/modder. Beginners server could have existed without removing GODZ and won fair and square. Now you will never be able to say Deja is right, cos simply you don't know, you didn't give GODZ v Beginner's a chance, it was a shameful episode for the whole community. Every mapper and modder has a right to distribute their work, no other person can say this should or should not be used by the community. It should be popularity that decides. I personally would have played on beginners, given the choice, simply because consistently speaking, the maps are better.

Skill is not the only concern. Deja's server increases the skills of beginners but allows a place for " crap players" to hide too...
And it's interesting, cos I can be in a noob server with Lams, LAWS, turrets and 20mm flying around and get 0 deaths easy, so why are the oldest players the ones crying about people getting crap kills with 20mm.

Don't you love a battle?
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Tue May 01, 07 8:32 pm

I agree with ShadowRunner. GODZ server != Deja's Newbie server.
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue May 01, 07 9:35 pm

Chin, did you just say GODZ teached newbies?

-200 points.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue May 01, 07 9:47 pm

[REN]UNDEAD wrote:
Zantinzuken wrote:It was a hub for crap players to get a kill, no one progressed in the game whilst they played in that server. They'd leave godz for a second, realise that there was no HE/LAMS/Chest shots, then return to the shitfest.

what he said. 100% true. GODZ players that didnt have the balls to leave server at some point and play in active clean servers usually became... well just look at hitman... veteran of godz server... this is what happens if you play in godz server on godz maps for 4 years. Your braincells reduce to zero.

:(

Dat's where I learnt to pleigh meight, that and the old [Z] server. I used to be unable to play in ping below 150-200 LOL
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby chinny » Tue May 01, 07 10:32 pm

All i know was that for me GODZ was a fun place to be, it had original maps, ok so there was terrible lag, but that was forgiven as the server was fun and always full or nearly full. I remember having great games on the beach map, some of the best i've had on deus ex, for me the godz server = :smt067 :blap!: :guitar: :gj:
chinny
Wannabe

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue May 01, 07 10:38 pm

Why were you shooting people with guitars?

Christ, you sure we're on about the same GODZ server?
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Tue May 01, 07 11:52 pm

Longc[A]t wrote:
[REN]UNDEAD wrote:

:(

Dat's where I learnt to pleigh meight, that and the old [Z] server. I used to be unable to play in ping below 150-200 LOL

I made the important part you seem to be missing in bold.

I started in GODZ server and Im not even a bit shamed. There simply wasnt any other servers with players from what I remember. And some times GODZ had just me and another player and that was whole DXMP.
Fact is however that some time later DCSB bought Gamesmajor server and then there was no excuse for playing in GODZ.

And yes, all who played there learned to do so with 300 ping.
Back then there werent any kindergarten maps besides that one map, and sniper shot normally. Hell, he even made GODZ auged some weekends.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed May 02, 07 6:52 pm

GODZ was ok for starting off, until around the time they introduced the Castle level, and then the realistic sniper and then the really pants maps

Horizon beach was quite a good level to 0-aug it
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Previous

Return to Multiplayer