Err, Server Hosting Problems

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Err, Server Hosting Problems

Postby ColdBloodedKiller » Tue Apr 06, 04 8:11 pm

Hi,
Well, errr, basically, i can't see my friggin server on the list, i have tried dedicated and non-dedicated but my DX hosting thingy sUCKS!
ColdBloodedKiller

Postby KingJ » Tue Apr 06, 04 8:21 pm

when YOU host the server you cant see it on the internet games list. If you go into lan games though after starting dedicated then you will see it in there but never in internet games, however others will see it in internet games so there is nothing to worry about
Game Servers by KINGJ.NET Game Servers. Many games supported at excellent prices. Deus Ex supported upon request.
KingJ
Elite

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Tue Apr 06, 04 10:33 pm

he has a firewall on
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Wed Apr 07, 04 5:15 pm

maybe same problem as Mr.X has: dynamic IP address, so server won't show up. Anyway, post logs here.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Malachai » Wed Apr 07, 04 10:28 pm

Disable your firewall on your PC, pal. Your modem may have a seperate router as well, so you may have to contact your ISP to learn how to disable it. Good luck, we need all the servers we can get.
Malachai
Wannabe

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Thu Apr 08, 04 3:04 pm

Did u just say disable your firewall on your pc? Are u mad, u dont ever turn ur firewall off, u just set it up differently, but u should never turn it off, unless u want people to have access to your stuff and to place millions of viruses on ur machine?

JC
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Malachai » Fri Apr 09, 04 11:51 pm

Conspiracy theories abound... Why open your mail, because there could be anthrax in the package. If your power goes off, it could be a robber who wants to lure you outside. Should you really stop and help that pretty girl whose car appears broken down on the side of the road? Should you take your firewall off your PC so you can host a game for you and a few friends, because there MIGHT be bad people lurking who want to get on your PC and create havoc? I say go for it dude :D .

The truth is, most people (not corporations) get viruses from email. Haxors go after corporations for privacy information, credit cards, etc.. What does a DX player have that a haxor wants? Nothing... Unless you have really pissed one of them off while they are playing, they don't even care if you exist or not. So enjoy your game as you see fit.

First check your modem and see if you have the firewall disabled (you may have to call your ISP and have them walk you through it step by step), then if that doesn't work, do the unthinkable, disable your firewall from your PC while you are hosting. After you have finished, put it back on for safekeeping. See you on the battlefield.
Malachai
Wannabe

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Sat Apr 10, 04 1:10 am

lol yeh tht is true
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby KingJ » Sat Apr 10, 04 7:59 am

I got Dynamic ip and i can host just fine!
Game Servers by KINGJ.NET Game Servers. Many games supported at excellent prices. Deus Ex supported upon request.
KingJ
Elite

Postby Anonymous » Sun May 09, 04 6:46 pm

i have same problems and say i hosted a game it just says ip adress on it not like e.g [A] clan only its like 86.9735
Anonymous

Postby Jeoh » Sun May 09, 04 6:48 pm

Go to a game, press T(or other talk buttons), delete say, type preferences, go to networking, figure the rest out yourself, lazy bum!
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby pimptdogg » Fri May 28, 04 9:34 pm

well, i have hosted a server b4 and it ran just fine but now it dont work nemore. nobody can c my server at all but it will show up on lan. also, i can c my server whenever it is up if it is workin. can sumbody please help me with my dielimma?
pimptdogg

Postby Jeoh » Sat May 29, 04 6:38 am

pimptdogg wrote:but it will show up on lan

You are hosting a LAN game.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby H1tman » Sat May 29, 04 7:47 am

WTF, i have dynamic ip AND firewall, no problems here.....btw, strangley, i can see my dedicated server on the internet list... :? -confusedd
H1tman
Forum Hero

Postby DXA Angel » Sun May 31, 09 1:10 am

ServerActors=CRDLoadB5.CRDGame
DXA Angel

Return to Multiplayer