Worst news: FGS closes all servers

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Kaiden » Mon Jul 30, 07 7:45 am

•[REN]Ebasurnu• wrote:So if i were to create maps that basically are 256*256 boxes with grass tex, and put only one spawn point there, just in the middle, high in the air, but not too high, and if I would add scaled up gep gun with LAW damage, then I would really deserve respect. I had nothing but the intentions to improve the community and provide entertainment for other players in mind when I made the map and weapon.

I would add 4 switches to that box, too, when you click the switch everybody on the map would instantly die, including the one pressing the button.

I think its awesome, I want to be cool modder too.

Oh, and I fucking respect Nochanc for the quality maps and mods he has blessed the community with. THank You!

Hmm.. I'm not to sure about that idea.. there's something missing from it.. I think it needs like, a HUGE swimming pool in the middle, and around the edges there need to be shops that anyone can get into. Then you put credits everywhere, see? It might be getting abit complicated here so you don't need to worry about the credits if it's confusing. Then you need to put clothes in piles by the swimming pool so everyone can be special! I'll PM you the finer details like not worrying about working to the grid and how textures should be over-lapping etc.

Eheh, anyway, if it provides mass entertainment for the community in some bizzar(e?) way, then sure. :D I suppose if no-one plays it then you kind of failed at providing entertainment. :/ OH, and don't forget the atleast 8 gun mods! Look forward to seeing it!
Last edited by Kaiden on Mon Jul 30, 07 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jul 30, 07 1:03 pm

Oooo Kaiden
Was that sarcasm? :eh:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Jul 30, 07 2:29 pm

c[A]t wrote:Yeah, uh not all players deserve respect either, all they deserve is flaming because players never did shit for this game. And no, don't give me that "but they keep the game alive by playing, without players there is no dx!" Those "modders" who worked hours for your entertainment can play, too.
He didn't say all modders are useless, nor was he saying all players are contributing more to the game than modders. Don't make up stuff, he just said that not all modders deserve respect, and I can't see what's wrong about that statement. Same counts for players obviously.

Also, what people kept spamming towards you on triad forums isn't the general thought of all people who just play DX and don't mod. People on triad forums mainly care about the augging part of the game, or should I say, the ATDM part of the game? Anyways they only like mods which improve gameplay. (Mods like MTL for example) They wouldn't care much about some mod which is all about 0 augs, simply as they hardly play that gametype.

My point being, why would you respect someone for a mod which you don't like? Only thing you could respect someone for, apart from liking his creations, is perhaps if it is really popular and the rest of the community does like it. But if you really don't like the mod, you still wouldn't respect the creator for it, obviously.

Don't think of all players as unthankful whiners though, although they might not all like your mods, they do like MTL for example, and respect Smuggler for it. They might whine about a "sniper feature" being removed, but really, they respect the creator in a way because they like the mod, else it wouldn't be on most servers in the first place.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jul 30, 07 2:46 pm

Clix wrote:Don't think of all players as unthankful whiners though, although they might not all like your mods, they do like MTL for example, and respect Smuggler for it. They might whine about a "sniper feature" being removed, but really, they respect the creator in a way because they like the mod, else it wouldn't be on most servers in the first place.

What an irony... MTL, for instance, is one of the most disliked mods for modders.
Nobody is perfect...

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Jul 30, 07 3:14 pm

Mainly due to the closed source and it's restrictions? The source of an anti-cheat mod obviously shouldn't be public. I know he left DX all of a sudden and left people behind with no source of MTL, from which I can understand why some modders dislike it, as MTL normally gives problems with letting secondary anticheat mods and custom gametypes such as DXSG cooperate I heard.

The annoyance of it is understandable, but seeing as it's so hard to create a mod like MTL without restrictions (Or so I heard at least) we should at least be happy that we got a mod like MTL. Modders might hate it for the restrictions, yet they still use it, as it fixes quite a few bugs and exploits, which can ruin gameplay.

Shortly said, one can't really say most modders hate it totally, because they still use it on most servers as there's still enough good things which make up for the bad things. If someone would be able to create a mod like MTL however, without those restrictions, people would leave behind MTL, and probably hate it, although it doesn't take away the fact that it served DX for a few years.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jul 30, 07 4:10 pm

I did not say that MTL is useless. Of course it saved DX from common exploits over the past years.
However, it was only an advantage for players. Before the MTL extender was invented, modders couldn't use MTL at all.
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Mon Jul 30, 07 5:51 pm

Clix wrote:
c[A]t wrote:Yeah, uh not all players deserve respect either, all they deserve is flaming because players never did shit for this game. And no, don't give me that "but they keep the game alive by playing, without players there is no dx!" Those "modders" who worked hours for your entertainment can play, too.
He didn't say all modders are useless, nor was he saying all players are contributing more to the game than modders. Don't make up stuff, he just said that not all modders deserve respect, and I can't see what's wrong about that statement. Same counts for players obviously.

Also, what people kept spamming towards you on triad forums isn't the general thought of all people who just play DX and don't mod. People on triad forums mainly care about the augging part of the game, or should I say, the ATDM part of the game? Anyways they only like mods which improve gameplay. (Mods like MTL for example) They wouldn't care much about some mod which is all about 0 augs, simply as they hardly play that gametype.

My point being, why would you respect someone for a mod which you don't like? Only thing you could respect someone for, apart from liking his creations, is perhaps if it is really popular and the rest of the community does like it. But if you really don't like the mod, you still wouldn't respect the creator for it, obviously.

Don't think of all players as unthankful whiners though, although they might not all like your mods, they do like MTL for example, and respect Smuggler for it. They might whine about a "sniper feature" being removed, but really, they respect the creator in a way because they like the mod, else it wouldn't be on most servers in the first place.

Clix, what makes you think I take what anybody on [3] forum posts as serious? I gave up on that long time ago, some people there are just plain lunatics and shutouts.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Jul 30, 07 7:22 pm

"but they keep the game alive by playing, without players there is no dx!"
That argument was brought up by someone on triad back then I believe. And by quoting that and saying one shouldn't say that, really looked like you expected him to reply in the same way, as they replied to you on triad forum.
Last edited by Professor Layton on Mon Jul 30, 07 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:08 am

~[A]Nobody~ wrote:Oooo Kaiden
Was that sarcasm? :eh:

Yes, yes it was. :lol:

I would have suggested using grid 1 too, but I know some people still do that even in [A]!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Jan 27, 08 12:47 am

~[RTK]arkian~ wrote:
RECLAIMER wrote:I've never seen any of you idiots play. Judging by the fact most of you registered to these forums this year and have a greater post count than me indicates this is all you do in DX; talk about it on forums. Thank you for your contribution.

He has a strong point, there are more that 100 active members on this forum, yet most do not bother to play Deus Ex with others, Deus Ex does not stand a chance if all of us just go on forums, talk(about deus ex), etc.

We should all go on more often.

I go on every single day

:P

Er... yea and you have less posts than me. So you've just reinforced my argument.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Survive. » Sun Jan 27, 08 12:51 am

You have just revived a 6 month old topic.
Survive.
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun Jan 27, 08 3:15 am

He keeps going around doing that for some reason, next time = warning.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Jan 27, 08 3:58 am

Sorry I've been gone awhile. I didn't check the dates and just responded to what topics it said I posted in.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Jan 31, 08 12:18 am

Insert Here: A 1600x1600 picture of Slowpoke.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Thu Jan 31, 08 7:06 am

Damn I thought this was important. Was thinking they was bring back their masterserver and servers. :lol:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Previous

Return to Multiplayer