Laters

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Laters

Postby MainMan » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:24 pm

This community has changed.

Anything I try to do to help people have fun (e.g. MMCity) is thrown against a brick wall, as there is always someone out to destroy the fruits of my labour, as recently proven in the DoS-ing of the FGS servers.

I have lost all interest in modding for a community where individuals choose to play god and to exploit their reach. I find it absolutely bizzare how people want to limit variation in the game, and drill in a monotonous routine of ATDM, which encourages nothing original, and dumbs down the entire game. Stranger still, are the proposed reasons for this - some supposed élitism and loyalty to 'true Deus Ex.'

Are you so blind that you cannot see the reality? Ion Storm released an SDK, because Multiplayer (including ATDM, BTDM, etc) was a quick-fix, to inject new possibilites into the game. ATDM and other standard gametypes were never supposed to be the "completed product", instead quite the opposite, a BASE for other more imaginative fan-made gametypes to flourish from. In other words, the producers left it to the fans to "finish the job" of making the MP-mode for an amazing game, but one that they could not finish themselves (as the project itself was 'finished' technically)

Then, there are the complainers who whine about the actions of the aforementioned players as if they were discussing issues in world politics (you know who you are, forming faux alliances and unions, and blowing everything out of proportion). I hope you realise that this sort of behaviour only spurs on the actions of the those individuals 'playing god.'

It's just a game, remember that, and at that, one where the Multiplayer has destroyed any aspect of fun that was once initiated by the foundations of single player.

Furthermore, the actions of some individuals here on [A] forums are just completely base. I realise how hypocritical this may sound coming from me, but many people just need to grow up and stop being dicks to others to momentarily deaden their inferiority complexes. I'm not even referring to the immature 4chan humour, because some people, can have a good laugh with that, without becoming morons themselves on a genuine level, but others can't seem to grasp that ability and are sent spiralling downwards fuelled by their own degrading maturity level.

Don't think that your double-standards don't go unnoticed, and unfelt - a leader letting his personal opinion influence administrative decisions is the first crucial step towards the failure of any society.

I am cutting off all ties with Deus Ex and the DX community.

However, it has been fun at times, so thanks to the decent members, you know who you are :wink:

Bye.
Last edited by MainMan on Sat Jul 21, 07 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby James » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:29 pm

LOL.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Re: Laters

Postby clyzm » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:33 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:This community has changed.

Anything I try to do to help people have fun (e.g. MMCity) is thrown against a brick wall, as there is always someone out to destroy the fruits of my labour, as recently proven in the DoS-ing of the FGS servers.

I have lost all interest in modding for a community where individuals choose to play god and to exploit their reach. I find it absolutely bizzare how people want to limit variation in the game, and drill in a monotonous routine of ATDM, which encourages nothing original, and dumbs down the entire game. Stranger still, are the proposed reasons for this - some supposed élitism and loyalty to 'true Deus Ex.'

Are you so blind that you cannot see the reality? Ion Storm released an SDK, because Multiplayer (including ATDM, BTDM, etc) was a quick-fix, to inject new possibilites into the game. ATDM and other standard gametypes were never supposed to be the "completed product", instead quite the opposite, a BASE for other more imaginative fan-made gametypes to flourish from. In other words, the producers left it to the fans to "finish the job" of making the MP-mode for an amazing game, but one that they could not finish themselves (as the project itself was 'finished' technically)

Then, there are the complainers who whine about the actions of the aforementioned players as if they were discussing issues in world politics (you know who you are, forming faux alliances and unions, and blowing everything out of proportion). I hope you realise that this sort of behaviour only spurs on the actions of the those individuals 'playing god.'

It's just a game, remember that, and at that, one where the Multiplayer has destroyed any aspect of fun that was once initiated by the foundations of single player.

Furthermore, the actions of some individuals here on [A] forums are just completely base. I realise how hypocritical this may sound coming from me, but many people just need to grow up and stop being dicks to others to momentarily deaden their inferiority complexes. I'm not even referring to the immature 4chan humour, because some people, can have a good laugh with that, without becoming morons themselves on a genuine level, but others can't seem to grasp that ability and are sent spiralling downwards fuelled by their own degrading maturity level.

Don't think that your double-standards don't go unnoticed, and unfelt - a leader letting his personal opinion influence administrative decisions is the first crucial step towards the failure of any society.

However, it has been fun at times, so thanks to the decent members, you know who you are :wink:

Bye.

Damn. Dude I really apologize on behalf of some immature members on this forum, they represent our clan very badly. I really enjoyed working with you on MMCity and the like, and though we have had many an argument you're still a very good mapper and a talented coder in the end, and I always respect that.

But I hope you'll be satisfied with this decision. I hope you can still forgive some of the more immature members. I still hope you can help me with a few things on my mod, if not, then I understand.

Well, it was really cool to meet you MainMan. I'll see you around. :)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:35 pm

MainMan, do not even dare releasing it. You know what I'm talking about. Keep it to yourself, as you said, you've burned it on a CD. Let it be something you can return for in the future.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:37 pm

Good bye cruel dx- letters are getting popular, arent they :lol:

Bye Mainman, somehow only image from you that stick to the mind was you spamming "come to my server" over and over again in GM. Other than that, people leaving from the community is never a good news.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Jul 21, 07 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Sat Jul 21, 07 1:39 pm

Alex wrote:MainMan, do not even dare releasing it. You know what I'm talking about. Keep it to yourself, as you said, you've burned it on a CD. Let it be something you can return for in the future.

Lol, I won't. I've left another, smaller, present though :)

Colon Commando wrote:Damn. Dude I really apologize on behalf of some immature members on this forum, they represent our clan very badly. I really enjoyed working with you on MMCity and the like, and though we have had many an argument you're still a very good mapper and a talented coder in the end, and I always respect that.

But I hope you'll be satisfied with this decision. I hope you can still forgive some of the more immature members. I still hope you can help me with a few things on my mod, if not, then I understand.

Well, it was really cool to meet you MainMan. I'll see you around. :)

Likewise to you :) Even if we fell out and don't agree on a lot of stuff, you are one of the best members here.
Last edited by MainMan on Sat Jul 21, 07 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Tonnochi » Sat Jul 21, 07 2:05 pm

You know, I did something stupid like this once. I spammed the shit out of Off-Topic Productions Forums, everybody hated me, probably still do. I go back there only a few times a month just to check on the MiB thread. Other than that, I accepted I was annoying as all hell.

I haven't been around that long here, but I'm sure that's what all the powerful Alpha boys are saying.

...and I saved Give it to me Lethal.
Last edited by Tonnochi on Sat Jul 21, 07 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Jul 21, 07 2:31 pm

Bye
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Sat Jul 21, 07 4:08 pm

:shock: Even though i don't know you. Well i feel you shouldn't leave. Your codding and mapping ability is great. Losing that is a huge loss. DX needs codders, mappers, and active players. Mods you made *MMCity* was DX history breaking. Hope, you think about and change your mind. :wink: If you don't, hope you do well in what you do outside of this community and bye. :)
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Jul 21, 07 4:10 pm

The community will stay the same with or without him.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby rob » Sat Jul 21, 07 4:23 pm

cya dude :( i still have yet to try MM city, but am i right in saying no one hosts it anymore?

so therefore i cant try it?
________
Klonopin rehab dicussion
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:11 pm

Nick Nock Nosh wrote:The community will stay the same with or without him.

You think so eh?
Small example:
Community of 150 persons.
1 leaves, 149 stay.
And now you say 149 is the same as 150?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:19 pm

I didn't say the ammount of player in the community stays the same. I said the community itself stays the same.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:20 pm

Community = players. The players change, since a player leaves. Thus the community changes.
En nog even iets anders, ik verwacht van je dat je vanaf nu even normaal doet op het forum. 1 word posts zijn nog steeds niet toegestaan, en je hebt al 2 waarschuwingen.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:24 pm

I think we can both agree this isn't worth discussing over lol...
En ik heb geen 1 word post gemaakt nu.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:25 pm

Nick Nock Nosh wrote:I think we can both agree this isn't worth discussing over lol...

Ok, then we'll stop discussing I'll guess.
En niet alleen 1-word-posts, ook onzinnige posts. Maar ok. Voortaan niet meer s.v.p.?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Jul 21, 07 5:26 pm

Omdat je het zo lief vraagt ;D
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Tonnochi » Sat Jul 21, 07 6:16 pm

Alex wrote:
Nick Nock Nosh wrote:The community will stay the same with or without him.

You think so eh?
Small example:
Community of 150 persons.
1 leaves, 149 stay.
And now you say 149 is the same as 150?

We'll pressure Vince to come more often, worst comes to worst.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Re: Laters

Postby {17}Ales » Sat Jul 21, 07 6:46 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:This community has changed.

Bye.

Dang ive just started making a large weapon pack and your one of my motivation idles. This de-motivates me :(
Last edited by {17}Ales on Sat Jul 21, 07 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My msn is now updated add me xD.
{17}Ales
Regular

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Jul 21, 07 8:04 pm

ALL THIS TO AVOID PLAYING TENNIS?
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Krieg » Sat Jul 21, 07 10:10 pm

Alex wrote:
Nick Nock Nosh wrote:I think we can both agree this isn't worth discussing over lol...

En niet alleen 1-word-posts, ook onzinnige posts. Maar ok. Voortaan niet meer s.v.p.?

I kan understand u 2 dickz.

Cya Mainman. Good luck with whatever your next goal will be.
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Jul 22, 07 1:16 am

Krieg wrote:
Alex wrote:

I kan understand u 2 dickz.

Cya Mainman. Good luck with whatever your next goal will be.

Stoer indeed. :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sun Jul 22, 07 2:27 am

Good, Riddance.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Jul 22, 07 2:33 am

Looks like you just wasted like the last two years old your life on a mod.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Jul 22, 07 2:52 am

His whole life is a waste from the beginning.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Sun Jul 22, 07 2:52 am

Uh... which person are you talking to, James or Main? :o
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Jul 22, 07 2:53 am

Maingay... :P
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sun Jul 22, 07 3:26 am

They're both compliant recipient!

Looks like he is banned again, is there a topic somewhere saying this?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Sun Jul 22, 07 3:00 pm

I'm neither sad or happy, without him we'll get less impersonations and fake accounts, with him we'll get pointless unwarranted flames, and long winded posts trying to defend his already unjust actions. It's what you get with the chap I suppose. Really he's just a more punctual 'Wasted'.

Cya.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby synthetic » Sun Jul 22, 07 3:22 pm

Damn, every time i check the new topics here I must read his "This community has changed" part.

Sorry but thats a joke, I dont know if I am the only one that remembers playing mainman in DCSB server, or AAGP, dont remember which one, where he would come and spam over and over again that everybody would come to his server. Followed by some fucked up swearing. Over months he got rid of the -cum 2 ma surva- spam but kept the swearing. Back then he was without the doubt #1 annoying noob. I never figured out if he grew up or not, certainly tried to form better posts..

Its bit sad to slag off a banned person behind his back in his good bye thread, but thats what he earned with annoying us back then. Wasted was very quiet guy compared to him.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Jul 22, 07 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer