Shadow Net

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Shadow Net

Postby Legion » Thu Jul 26, 07 8:58 pm

This is what i'm hoping will be a multi gaming forum. I'm currently trying to get moderators that would help advertise it in different gaming forums. So far I only have it in dx, hopefully that will be changing soon.
Should come check it out.
http://shadownet.mioforo.com/[/url]
Death is often silent... But I Prefer making it loud and bloody.
CHECK OUT MY RADIO STATION: http://eternalnights.listen2myradio.com/
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Venom637
Legion
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Thu Jul 26, 07 11:42 pm

ShadowNet.. Wasn't that the host of DXSG for a while? Or is that someone else..
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Legion » Fri Jul 27, 07 3:23 am

Don't know.. I never heard of any other site called ShadowNet... So if there was one, then it's just sheer luck... but even so, the topic isn't about debating the forums name. :roll:
Legion
Regular

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jul 27, 07 9:37 pm

take it easy, he's only asking cos the other shadow "upped and ran" and a lot of hard work by people dissolved into thin air. I think it was fair enough to clarify that ShadowNet is not the same person. The answer is no, the person in question is MIBShadow from shadowserversystems, not Shadownet.

Good luck with your forums, any kind of DX advertising must be a good thing.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Jul 27, 07 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Tonnochi » Mon Jul 30, 07 6:31 pm

Now I get a 404 whe trying to visit it. That lasted long...
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jul 30, 07 6:49 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:take it easy, he's only asking cos the other shadow "upped and ran" and a lot of hard work by people dissolved into thin air. I think it was fair enough to clarify that ShadowNet is not the same person. The answer is no, the person in question is MIBShadow from shadowserversystems, not Shadownet.

Good luck with your forums, any kind of DX advertising must be a good thing.

Some months ago, he (from shadowserversystems) wanted to set up an SG server again. The second time by the way.
But after some days it failed again and (how unexpected) he disappeared again. :roll:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:06 am

I was speaking to him, the last thing I new he was trying to set up TeamChat thing (Forget what it's called) His American voice will be drilled into my head forever. :cry:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:06 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:I was speaking to him, the last thing I new he was trying to set up TeamChat thing (Forget what it's called) His American voice will be drilled into my head forever. :cry:

America ftw!
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:09 am

"Hey, was that your cell phone?" I nearly throw my mobile out the window in annoyance. :lol:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:10 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:"Hey, was that your cell phone?" I nearly throw my mobile out the window in annoyance. :lol:

Lol where is he from? Eastern America or the durrrty South ?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:15 am

I thankfully didn't ask. I pretended I had to go so I got the chance to un-install TeamSpeak. :lol:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue Jul 31, 07 3:15 am

Well, from either the South or the East (like New York), there lies the most annoying accents I've ever heard, lol.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Tue Jul 31, 07 12:47 pm

That's why my PC won't let me install a voice program, or alternatively my headset is broken.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby shadowserversystems » Tue Nov 17, 09 10:56 am

Well I am back and a few years quite later and now have a legitmate webhosting firm. I do apologize for thoses people who I let down in the past with hosting of servers and websites. I ironicly named my servers based on the ai's in Deus ex. my main server of course daedalus and then next helios is my network storage array based on the fact that dadelus and icacrus merged. and the databases are all stored on icarus. I know its alot to grasp and you probably didnt need to know that but i thought it was a neat idea. If you wish to contact me don't hesitate to drop me a line at administrator@shadowserversystems.com

Oh and PS.
Reasony why all my previous attempts flopped due to the fact of me having a dynamic ip address. Which I now own static ip with high speed throughput courtsey of Comcast Bussiness Class

Alex B

Owner/Technical Cordinator For Shadow Server Systems LLC
Last edited by shadowserversystems on Tue Nov 17, 09 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowserversystems

Postby Legion » Tue Nov 17, 09 2:19 pm

way to bring back a very dead topic....
Legion
Regular

Postby Aidan » Tue Nov 17, 09 2:50 pm

Only by a couple years? :lol:
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 17, 09 3:06 pm

Legion wrote:way to bring back a very dead topic....

Way to not know the rules.

There is no such rule against topic revival, unless if its a bump, but this isn't against reviving topics, because we hope you'd post something worthwhile to even dig it up.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Tue Nov 17, 09 3:13 pm

shadowserversystems wrote:Well I am back and a few years quite later and now have a legitmate webhosting firm. I do apologize for thoses people who I let down in the past with hosting of servers and websites. I ironicly named my servers based on the ai's in Deus ex. my main server of course daedalus and then next helios is my network storage array based on the fact that dadelus and icacrus merged. and the databases are all stored on icarus. I know its alot to grasp and you probably didnt need to know that but i thought it was a neat idea. If you wish to contact me don't hesitate to drop me a line at administrator@shadowserversystems.com

Oh and PS.
Reasony why all my previous attempts flopped due to the fact of me having a dynamic ip address. Which I now own static ip with high speed throughput courtsey of Comcast Bussiness Class

Alex B

This post does relate to the topic although it is years old :P

Revival is fine in this sense.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby shadowserversystems » Tue Nov 17, 09 8:12 pm

Thanks for your aproval aidan
shadowserversystems

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 17, 09 10:14 pm

shadowserversystems wrote:Well I am back and a few years quite later and now have a legitmate webhosting firm. I do apologize for thoses people who I let down in the past with hosting of servers and websites. I ironicly named my servers based on the ai's in Deus ex. my main server of course daedalus and then next helios is my network storage array based on the fact that dadelus and icacrus merged. and the databases are all stored on icarus. I know its alot to grasp and you probably didnt need to know that but i thought it was a neat idea. If you wish to contact me don't hesitate to drop me a line at administrator@shadowserversystems.com

Oh and PS.

Alex B

You have legitimate webhosting company but you still host from your house? Or did I misunderstood you?
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Tue Nov 17, 09 10:48 pm

Welcome back.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Nov 18, 09 3:15 am

WB Mate.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby shadowserversystems » Wed Nov 18, 09 3:48 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be coming increasingly active in the next week or so.
shadowserversystems

Postby Aidan » Wed Nov 18, 09 2:38 pm

Well welcome back :) It'll be good to see you around =D
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 18, 09 3:27 pm

Alex wrote:You have legitimate webhosting company but you still host from your house? Or did I misunderstood you?

I'm really really really curious.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Nov 18, 09 3:39 pm

that would mean you can destroy his life by destroying his house.. if he's in the house while the house is being destroyed.. that would mean you are destroying him twice.. how do you kill a man twice?
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 18, 09 3:42 pm

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:that would mean you can destroy his life by destroying his house.. if he's in the house while the house is being destroyed.. that would mean you are destroying him twice.. how do you kill a man twice?

I'm more pointing out the fact that you can't run a legitimate webhosting company without decent 1U/2U equipment, special server hardware, without redundant power supplies and redundant internet connections.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed Nov 18, 09 10:09 pm

Kaiden wrote:I thankfully didn't ask. I pretended I had to go so I got the chance to un-install TeamSpeak. :lol:

Oh god I remember that now, I still don't like teamspeak :< But welcome back!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby shadowserversystems » Wed Nov 18, 09 11:57 pm

Alex Trust me i have the equipment. I have redundant Internet connections. I have comcast home as a backup(Two internet connections one for bussiness one for home) . Im not using the linksys blue boxes either besides for an access point. Im ussing a Cisco Catalyst 5000 as a switch which has 62 ethernet ports and redundats power supplys. I have a Sun Microsystems E250 Fucking beast of a server with redundant power supplys . 2 Dell Poweredge 2300 and A custom buit 2.8 server all on outside generator. All run linux. I also a hardware firewall that am in the process of configuring its a Nokia IP440. Trust me alex before i was just running of a little shitty dsl connection that always would get knocked out while raining. Ive actullay going to school for network engineering and had 3 years of programming learning C++, Php, Java, and most of the web languages that i didnt mention minus ruby.
shadowserversystems

Postby Aidan » Thu Nov 19, 09 5:27 am

Sounds pretty good :P
Aidan
CandyMan

Next

Return to Multiplayer