Any old school DEA's or other clannies on teh board?

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Tue Sep 04, 07 11:11 pm

Gaz wrote:lmao it's not my fault you try to be an asshole and fail. I never said the server hasn't been known for admin abuse, all I'm intrested in is what happened for that guy to not wanna play there anymore.

Wouldnt failing at being an asshole mean im not an asshole. And if im not an asshole whats the problem?
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby Gaz » Tue Sep 04, 07 11:23 pm

to be frank, TM.. trying to be an asshole and failing is the problem.
Last edited by Gaz on Tue Sep 04, 07 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reow
Gaz

Postby Alistaire » Wed Sep 05, 07 12:00 am

he's calling you an asshole. Its like a paradox. Only an asshole could fail at being an asshole.
Alistaire

Postby synthetic » Wed Sep 05, 07 4:19 pm

~[T]GrimRaPeR~ wrote:If you'd have played in Gods Kitchen in the past week or so, you'd know that some good games happened there... definitely no admin abuse

~[T]GrimRaPeR~ wrote:Hasn't been admin abuse in a long time actually.Also, most euro players tend to avoid EL server due to the constant cloak and shelling of US players, yet when they come to Gods Kitchen, it's nothing but fair game.No player wants to put up with constant getting shelled while trying to handle 120+ ping.

Oh, I dont know.. how about grimraper spawning masses of lams during game.. or spaz banning anyone who happens to accidentally suicide-kill him, at the same time letting 10 other people doing the same thing pass as they are not suicide-killing him. Same for grimraper. According to them they both are also head-admins now.

Oh.. and how about ste banning me simply because he COULD ban me?
All that during last week.

Dont get me wrong, Ive never cared about ste banning me, he has banned me perhaps 20 times since he started hosting his server, but the way administrators act and the grounds they ban on are simply beyond imagination.

Simply put: the server was run, and continues to run under the rule of an idiot and his tricky adolescent headadmins. Every time I go for a game I get some shit from them. Sorry, I'll pass.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby System » Wed Sep 05, 07 4:33 pm

Allan wrote:Actually, ADS doesn't work on HE20mm. It's an annoying bug, but it's there. :(

Works for me every time.
System

Postby Kaiden » Wed Sep 05, 07 4:37 pm

You're a special exception. =D

Works sometimes with me..
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Wed Sep 05, 07 4:37 pm

System wrote:
Allan wrote:Actually, ADS doesn't work on HE20mm. It's an annoying bug, but it's there. :(

Works for me every time.

Thats just silly, of course it works. You can kill someone who has ADS with GEP much more easily imo.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [ß]Lost » Wed Sep 05, 07 5:11 pm

It is stupid when most of the admins on Gods Kitchen ban players just for an accidental suicide gep (can't stand getting their streak being taken away or they just can't handle getting defeated). For me, "no suicide gepping" rule just means that some people want to avoid getting killed. Their logic is pretty much "LOL ADS=100 PROTECTION" . ADS doesn't give you 100% protection, neither do any of the other augmentations. That's why Augs are like condoms, they never give you 100% protection ;)
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby Dae » Wed Sep 05, 07 5:30 pm

It's stupid to ban for even intentional and even constant suicide gepping.
Dae
Alpha

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:12 pm

It's kinda all worth it for the comedy that is Euro-Ego.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby Imperial » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:17 pm

Glad to see something else besides 0augs ruined Augs on the agenda for a change
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:21 pm

~RïçhVíöLënçè~ wrote:It is stupid when most of the admins on Gods Kitchen ban players just for an accidental suicide gep (can't stand getting their streak being taken away or they just can't handle getting defeated). For me, "no suicide gepping" rule just means that some people want to avoid getting killed. Their logic is pretty much "LOL ADS=100 PROTECTION" . ADS doesn't give you 100% protection, neither do any of the other augmentations. That's why Augs are like condoms, they never give you 100% protection ;)

Hahahaha I like that wisdom.

Yes, ADS works against everything explosive, but not 100% and the factor of distance to work with 0 damage has to be concidered, such as the LAW succeeding as the explosion is too great for the ADS to contain. ADS isn't a shield that nulls damage at all, its a weapon that destroys explosive projects before impact. On this subject, is there a chance that someone can stop LAW rockets with ADS?

If I could, I'd host a better Euro server than the mess I've been hearing, a proper ADTM server.
A server with no limits, classic ATDM with no restrictions on weapons or techniques.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:27 pm

Turn teamkill off. :shock:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby James » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:28 pm

Yeah Teamkill is very unfair and stupid, especially in any server on any game type. Its frowned upon in all competetive games.
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 05, 07 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:31 pm

That's the only way to solve the problem. :?
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby synthetic » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:33 pm

LTKJAY wrote:Yeah Teamkill is very unfair and stupid, especially in any server on any game type. Its frowned upon in all competetive games.

I hope thats sarcasm. Team damage is for realistic effect and it makes no sense to drop a LAM into your team members and enemy members so that you can blow the enemy into pieces and your team walks away unscratched.

Deus Ex not realistic you say? DX is futuristic, cyberpunk elements or augmentations do not make you immortal. In deus ex a person is still vulnerable. Most servers dont make the team damage equal to real damage anyway.

Dae wrote:It's stupid to ban for even intentional and even constant suicide gepping.

Suicide kills and the suicide function is rather problematic topic. You may say its stupid to ban for that, yet not only the deranged minions of stephen will ban for continuous suicide-tactics.
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Sep 05, 07 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:36 pm

LTKJAY wrote:On this subject, is there a chance that someone can stop LAW rockets with ADS?
Yeah, as long as the LAW isn't fired too close at the one with ADS.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Sep 05, 07 6:39 pm

Lets put it this way.
Who plays DX, or any other multiplayer videogame for realistic rushes? You'd not get caught in clumsy team fire unlike real life where it is not point and click. If your team cannot be damaged by your tactics, then nor can the other team when they do the same thing. Very cheap but both teams will be able to do it.

In most games, ability to teamkill is shunned as it can be able to grieve players.

Clix wrote:
LTKJAY wrote:On this subject, is there a chance that someone can stop LAW rockets with ADS?
Yeah, as long as the LAW isn't fired too close at the one with ADS.

Without a spec of damage?

On another note, I am strongly for suicide kills, as it is a giant risk and can be used to personally degrade the player who otherwise, such as on God's Kitchen, wants to use this as a reason to remain undefeated.
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 05, 07 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gaz » Wed Sep 05, 07 7:20 pm

well, you can say the reason they don't allow suicide geppers or suicide anything is because they want to remain undefeated but I'm sure a lot of people agree that it's a lame tatic if it's being abused and only people who don't have any other tatics do this.

Like you mentioned with the team damage it works both ways, no one can suicide anyone so it makes it a fair rule.. why not try to lam them, use dts or use the spy drone even. You stand a better chance getting a good hit with an emp and running in with speed enhancement and combat strength using the combat knife than you do trying to suicide gep.

If it was me who made the rules and paid for the server then I'd allow a suicide law or two on a streaked player, I'm not totally against it but you can't have people start losing and go speed cloak and head for the law everytime they spawn.
reow
Gaz

Postby Alex » Wed Sep 05, 07 9:24 pm

Gaz wrote:well, you can say the reason they don't allow suicide geppers or suicide anything is because they want to remain undefeated but I'm sure a lot of people agree that it's a lame tatic if it's being abused and only people who don't have any other tatics do this.

Like you mentioned with the team damage it works both ways, no one can suicide anyone so it makes it a fair rule.. why not try to lam them, use dts or use the spy drone even. You stand a better chance getting a good hit with an emp and running in with speed enhancement and combat strength using the combat knife than you do trying to suicide gep.

If it was me who made the rules and paid for the server then I'd allow a suicide law or two on a streaked player, I'm not totally against it but you can't have people start losing and go speed cloak and head for the law everytime they spawn.

I got banned off Gods Kitchen for the use of a spy drone.
Alex
Alpha

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Wed Sep 05, 07 10:36 pm

Alex wrote:
Gaz wrote:well, you can say the reason they don't allow suicide geppers or suicide anything is because they want to remain undefeated but I'm sure a lot of people agree that it's a lame tatic if it's being abused and only people who don't have any other tatics do this.

I got banned off Gods Kitchen for the use of a spy drone.

No you didnt. You got banned on God's server for using Spy Drone on the wrong person.
You can break any rule on the server as long as it doesnt effect certain people.
Last edited by TonyMontanaDEA on Wed Sep 05, 07 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby James » Wed Sep 05, 07 10:41 pm

Aahahahahahhahaa, fucking GK.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Wed Sep 05, 07 10:45 pm

clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Gaz » Thu Sep 06, 07 12:50 am

might have been cause you were hitting team mates with it too.
reow
Gaz

Postby System » Thu Sep 06, 07 1:46 am

The problem with DXMP now is just that there isn't enough skill.
System

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Thu Sep 06, 07 2:34 am

A big problem is alot of players quit DX. :cry:
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Alistaire » Thu Sep 06, 07 2:42 am

nevahr. They just sort of fade away.
Alistaire

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Thu Sep 06, 07 5:15 am

Well they need to return. 8)
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby [ß]Lost » Thu Sep 06, 07 1:10 pm

I get banned from Gods Kitchen every week for good reasons but most of the time just because of dumb adminning. Here's some reasons why I've been banned :lol:

1. Using Plasma Rifle
2. Using GEP too much
3. Using LAW too much
4. Using 20mm too much
5. Suicide LAWing
6. Suicide Gepping
7. Using spy drone
8. Teamkilling
9. Joking about impotence
10. Sayng "LOL"
11. Spawn camping (when I wasn't)
12. Type killing
13. Using med hacks (I wasn't doing this shit)
14. Using damage highening shit (I wasn't doing this shit)
15. Seeing cloaked players with vision
16. Sayng [3] cheats (for a joke)
17. Sayng Ste is a noob
18. Playng "gay"
19. For not un-aliasing (being cheeky)
20. Type killed some fucker who tried to type kill me
21. Threating Ste
22. Moving crates around
23. Camping
24. Entering the server

And that's only a few I can think of...
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Thu Sep 06, 07 1:28 pm

System wrote:The problem with DXMP now is just that there isn't enough skill.

I, along with quite a few other people have stopped playing so much because of what the community has become now..
------
Kaiden
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer