Any old school DEA's or other clannies on teh board?

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Re: Any old school DEA's or other clannies on the board?

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Tue Aug 14, 07 7:54 am

ghOst.Marvin wrote:
TonyMontanaDEA wrote:I know drama was posting here for a while, any of you guys still around?

Hey hey hey TM!
How’s things?
What games you playing nowadays (If any)?

Good to see you posting on these forums... excuse my late reply but I only visit the [A] forums from time to time to see what’s happening in the DXMP world.

Your welcome to stop by our forums anytime, there are a good bunch of old DX'ers over there (JB, Goku, some of the [TT] guys etc.)

Speak to you later ;)

Hey Marv whats going on. Havent really gotten into too many other games. I played ET for a bit. I play BF2 now and quite like it. But just no time to play any games the way I used to. Crysis has potential but i cant help but think theyll fuck it up some way.
Last edited by TonyMontanaDEA on Tue Aug 14, 07 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyMontanaDEA

Re: Any old school DEA's or other clannies on the board?

Postby StriderDEA » Mon Sep 03, 07 6:50 am

TonyMontanaDEA wrote:I know drama was posting here for a while, any of you guys still around?

TonyMontana! How's it going? Still down south?

I wasn't around when you posted this, but I recently (as in about two days ago) rekindled my interest in DXMP. I randomly met a guy at a party who used to play and amazingly knew me as Strider from back in the day, so I decided to see if the DXMP world is still kicking. I gotta say, it's somewhat surprising that is still is. I even happened upon that DXMP "book" by Messiah...amusing read...sure took me back (though many of the events he described happened very differently from what I can remember). It's nice to see the flame is still going for the Triad kids. They still together and wishing they could rematch us? I'm game...haha.

I gotta say, I don't remember a good deal of the names on this board. Was [A] around during the DEA glory days? Also, there appears to be a lot of [3] talk from what I can tell...I hardly remember them other than that match and the subsequent dispute. Did they fill the power vacuum after all the remnants of DEA died?

Anyway, maybe I'll stick around and see if anyone else surfaces to rehash the past.
Last edited by StriderDEA on Mon Sep 03, 07 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
StriderDEA

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Mon Sep 03, 07 6:55 am

Strider, ive sent you like 10 messages on Soulseek. Someone spread a rumor that you had died. Made some of us very sad. You vanished from IRC and AIM so we believed it.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby StriderDEA » Mon Sep 03, 07 6:58 am

That's just about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I didn't die...I changed my handle and got really involved in non-computer related things (school, music, etc.).
StriderDEA

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Mon Sep 03, 07 8:22 pm

I would like to see the return of DEA :shock:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Aidan » Mon Sep 03, 07 8:25 pm

ORLY?

Yeah.. as long as more people are still playing deus ex...
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Mon Sep 03, 07 8:26 pm

Alot stay on forums than rather play the game. :?
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Aidan » Mon Sep 03, 07 8:27 pm

That's because the forums are more fun than the game sadly enough.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Mon Sep 03, 07 8:56 pm

I think the game would still be somewhat popular if not for the fact that a certain server owner ruins the game by dictating how you can and cannot play. The landscape of the game has shifted to being a euro-centered game for the most part and with just one aug euro server being available with rules that stunt the diversity of the game, you lose what makes DXMP special. You join a game and you have to imediately deal with the dont gep - dont cloak - dont camp - dont go here - dont go there - dont use this - dont use that - dont kill this person - dont use that aug, and all of the sudden the game is a joke. When a full server gets shutdown becasue the owner got killed with a lam too clever for him/her to understand, you realise that its not a going to allow the game to survive.
Last edited by TonyMontanaDEA on Mon Sep 03, 07 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby Jon » Mon Sep 03, 07 9:16 pm

lol Tony. You clearly haven't been on my server.
Jon
Alpha

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Mon Sep 03, 07 10:24 pm

If it's 0aug then I probably havent.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Mon Sep 03, 07 10:46 pm

AIDS wrote:That's because the forums are more fun than the game sadly enough.
Who are you? Your not in DEA. :shock:
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Mon Sep 03, 07 10:58 pm

He's some random guy who's trying to get himself banned. :roll:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby System » Tue Sep 04, 07 2:54 am

Where's pekkle or however you spelled it? !!!
System

AGREE

Postby Alistaire » Tue Sep 04, 07 5:08 am

I agree with TonyMontanaDEA. The servers are mostly European and high ping for non-euros. I started playing and quit again in one day. Need better American server.
Alistaire

Re: AGREE

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Tue Sep 04, 07 5:20 am

Alistaire wrote:I agree with TonyMontanaDEA. The servers are mostly European and high ping for non-euros. I started playing and quit again in one day. Need better American server.

Theres a very good american server, (EL server is excellent). Im just saying the majority of the players are euros now and they are all afraid of ever playing on the US server so it stays empty.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Tue Sep 04, 07 6:05 am

T server is a good server to. :?
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Gaz » Tue Sep 04, 07 9:54 am

Gods kitchen is picking up.. always had some players in the past 3 days or something.
reow
Gaz

Postby Dae » Tue Sep 04, 07 11:02 am

Gods kitchen is in UK.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Sep 04, 07 11:41 am

Yeah, gods kitchen has an extremely great connection (even though being hosted in the UK). I live in Canada and my ping was about 90.

BTW I'm pshyco :lol:
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby synthetic » Tue Sep 04, 07 4:58 pm

Gaz wrote:Gods kitchen is picking up.. always had some players in the past 3 days or something.

TonyMontanaDEA wrote:I think the game would still be somewhat popular if not for the fact that a certain server owner ruins the game by dictating how you can and cannot play. The landscape of the game has shifted to being a euro-centered game for the most part and with just one aug euro server being available with rules that stunt the diversity of the game, you lose what makes DXMP special. You join a game and you have to imediately deal with the dont gep - dont cloak - dont camp - dont go here - dont go there - dont use this - dont use that - dont kill this person - dont use that aug, and all of the sudden the game is a joke. When a full server gets shutdown becasue the owner got killed with a lam too clever for him/her to understand, you realise that its not a going to allow the game to survive.

Get a hint?

The way his young "headadmins" "run the show", I will simply say that the above mentioned server makes a farce out of online gaming and atdm. I no longer frequent atdm servers.
Last edited by synthetic on Tue Sep 04, 07 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby StriderDEA » Tue Sep 04, 07 7:36 pm

System wrote:Where's pekkle or however you spelled it? !!!

Fixed.

How you doing, System?
StriderDEA

Postby Gaz » Tue Sep 04, 07 7:50 pm

User wrote:
Gaz wrote:Gods kitchen is picking up.. always had some players in the past 3 days or something.

TonyMontanaDEA wrote:I think the game would still be somewhat popular if not for the fact that a certain server owner ruins the game by dictating how you can and cannot play. The landscape of the game has shifted to being a euro-centered game for the most part and with just one aug euro server being available with rules that stunt the diversity of the game, you lose what makes DXMP special. You join a game and you have to imediately deal with the dont gep - dont cloak - dont camp - dont go here - dont go there - dont use this - dont use that - dont kill this person - dont use that aug, and all of the sudden the game is a joke. When a full server gets shutdown becasue the owner got killed with a lam too clever for him/her to understand, you realise that its not a going to allow the game to survive.

Get a hint?

The way his young "headadmins" "run the show", I will simply say that the above mentioned server makes a farce out of online gaming and atdm. I no longer frequent atdm servers.

What exactly happened that troubles you so much you don't want to enter the server anymore?

If you'd have played in Gods Kitchen in the past week or so, you'd know that some good games happened there... definitely no admin abuse, Jambi, Spaz, Scarface and Grim can back me up here too, there's probably people I've left out since the server was pretty full some days.

That's all I meant by my first post, sorry for not going into so much detail.
reow
Gaz

Postby TonyMontanaDEA » Tue Sep 04, 07 8:19 pm

Gaz you know better than anyone the potential for what can happen on that server. Maybe the last 3 days someone was on vaction/sick/in jail/getting sand out of thei vagina surgery...who knows but you know what im talking about. Whether you want to take the opposite opinion now becasue I said WoW was gay is adiffernt matter altogether but to take that side would be going to far.
Last edited by TonyMontanaDEA on Tue Sep 04, 07 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyMontanaDEA

Postby Gaz » Tue Sep 04, 07 8:46 pm

lmao it's not my fault you try to be an asshole and fail. I never said the server hasn't been known for admin abuse, all I'm intrested in is what happened for that guy to not wanna play there anymore.
reow
Gaz

Postby ~[T]GrimRaPeR~ » Tue Sep 04, 07 9:03 pm

Hasn't been admin abuse in a long time actually.Also, most euro players tend to avoid EL server due to the constant cloak and shelling of US players, yet when they come to Gods Kitchen, it's nothing but fair game.No player wants to put up with constant getting shelled while trying to handle 120+ ping.
~[T]GrimRaPeR~
Poster

Postby Alistaire » Tue Sep 04, 07 9:20 pm

There are just not any U.S. players playing anymore.
Alistaire

Postby System » Tue Sep 04, 07 9:24 pm

[I] Love It.
[I] Love It.
[I] Love It.
[I] Love It.
[I] Love It.

Pekkle is on the loose!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing well my man.. doing well! It's good to see your still around! I'll have to reinstall DXMP again for some pistol tank action =)
System

Postby System » Tue Sep 04, 07 9:32 pm

There is no difference in play between the GODS server and the EL server. Euro's running around suicide lawing on Smuggles and generally playing like asshats the same as on the EL server.

People that whine about HE20mm are so frigging annoying though. It's part of the game so get over it. Not to mention they make an augmentation that completely stops it from hitting you and damages the person using it. Are you so dense that you can't figure out how to make ADS one of your first two augs instead of speed and ballistic? And crying about cloak? Jesus H Christ.... the game has an aug that is essentially a wallhack... cry more FFS.
System

Postby Allan » Tue Sep 04, 07 10:54 pm

Actually, ADS doesn't work on HE20mm. It's an annoying bug, but it's there. :(
Allan
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer