[T] Server has a new rule!

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 05, 07 8:59 pm

Spy Fly droning is a feature we installed. If you don't like it, then don't play on the server. Easy as that. It's not bug abusing as it's our server and it's not possible on other servers.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SyStEm~ » Wed Dec 05, 07 9:12 pm

yeah he is right i saw some of you A members flyin around wit it 8)
¤թí§§ ƒÄ©€¤
....(^_^)....
.----|-----.
......|.....
..../.......
._/...._..
Win.
~SyStEm~
Poster

Postby synthetic » Wed Dec 05, 07 9:56 pm

Alex wrote:It's not bug abusing as it's our server

Alright, I understand.
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Dec 05, 07 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 05, 07 10:49 pm

User wrote:

Alright, I understand.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion though, we also think it's a pity that there's a mesh bug, but we really enjoy using the spy drone.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Thu Dec 06, 07 8:58 am

User wrote:I aimed at the spy drone. I aimed above the spydrone. I aimed where you were (floating freely away from the spy drone). Lets just say that I didnt notice any blood and didnt get any kills. Besides.. you can say crouchbugging that involves visible mesh bugging is as allowed, just have to aim for torso to hit head, isnt it. But in case of crouch bugging the bugger is at least near the fuckin target.

One EMP solves all these problems.
Dae
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:13 am

Dae[A] wrote:
User wrote:I aimed at the spy drone. I aimed above the spydrone. I aimed where you were (floating freely away from the spy drone). Lets just say that I didnt notice any blood and didnt get any kills. Besides.. you can say crouchbugging that involves visible mesh bugging is as allowed, just have to aim for torso to hit head, isnt it. But in case of crouch bugging the bugger is at least near the fuckin target.

One EMP solves all these problems.

I didnt know that.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:20 am

Alex wrote:
User wrote:

Alright, I understand.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion though, we also think it's a pity that there's a mesh bug, but we really enjoy using the spy drone.

Understand, I think the drone thing is an awesome idea. Fukhead tried to surf the drone in cath on certain surface and it yielded hilarious results at times. The fact that you can shoot at me fairly easily if you can adjust the aim according to the drone's movement whilst I will either go nuts or die trying to hit you from certain angles and distance is not so awesome. In fact, the bugged mesh would make me consider it worse problem than the toggle-crouch jump bug BIA used, or toggle-crouch crouchbug.

If youd be unable to shoot from that drone, or at least suffer from some sort of handicap in doing so, I could live with the bugged mesh.

As for not playing in your server: I laugh at anyone saying this in deus ex. its not like we have abundant selection of options is it. Im lucky to find game anywhere and I have never had anything but good things to say about AG besides constructive criticism here or there.
/offtopic: I wish toggle crouch was disabled in dxmp in the first place. It doesnt make any sense anyway, why press a button twice if you can save time and hold it down.. not to mention that bia who abused the jump bug probably had a bind to make the toggle-crouch more efficient while keeping the bug.
Last edited by synthetic on Thu Dec 06, 07 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:30 am

Who's this person? He whines to much.

What's stopping you from using the Spydrone feature? Well, apart from the fact no-one seems to be able to work together like [A]! If you say "Lockpick this door please" with no-one you know on the team, its like a 5% chance they will do it. If Dae is on my team, he's already lockpicking it when I haven't finished the sentance. =D It's just intelleligence, which most of Deus Ex players seem to lack. It's not just [A] members who can use the spydrone, anyone can.
Last edited by Kaiden on Thu Dec 06, 07 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Dec 06, 07 11:48 am

Its because majority of players we play with communicate with movements, and jumps for attention. Really.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 06, 07 2:48 pm

User wrote:
Alex wrote:
User wrote:

Alright, I understand.

Understand, I think the drone thing is an awesome idea. Fukhead tried to surf the drone in cath on certain surface and it yielded hilarious results at times. The fact that you can shoot at me fairly easily if you can adjust the aim according to the drone's movement whilst I will either go nuts or die trying to hit you from certain angles and distance is not so awesome. In fact, the bugged mesh would make me consider it worse problem than the toggle-crouch jump bug BIA used, or toggle-crouch crouchbug.

If youd be unable to shoot from that drone, or at least suffer from some sort of handicap in doing so, I could live with the bugged mesh.

As for not playing in your server: I laugh at anyone saying this in deus ex. its not like we have abundant selection of options is it. Im lucky to find game anywhere and I have never had anything but good things to say about AG besides constructive criticism here or there.
/offtopic: I wish toggle crouch was disabled in dxmp in the first place. It doesnt make any sense anyway, why press a button twice if you can save time and hold it down.. not to mention that bia who abused the jump bug probably had a bind to make the toggle-crouch more efficient while keeping the bug.

There is a handicap of the spydrone :) When the spydrone rotates you rotate as well ;) So you either choose for manoeuvrability or being able to aim and shoot.
Last edited by Alex on Thu Dec 06, 07 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:24 pm

There are a few bugs with drones.
When I tried to use a drone while on a ladder, I couldn't move or shoot and there was no drone. Couldn't deactivate the aug or anything, I had to suicide.
Sometimes when using the drone, your character also begins moving. I have died a couple of times like this when my person has wandered off in front of sniper fire without me noticing.
Baleout
Master

Postby Dex » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:29 pm

Baleout wrote:There are a few bugs with drones.
When I tried to use a drone while on a ladder, I couldn't move or shoot and there was no drone. Couldn't deactivate the aug or anything, I had to suicide.
Sometimes when using the drone, your character also begins moving. I have died a couple of times like this when my person has wandered off in front of sniper fire without me noticing.

That never happened to me.

Anywayz, the spydrone is a fun thing :-) , also very strategic for teamwork, but when i play on dxag, nobody wants to do it ( 5% chance ) and so i have to go alone to the enemy base, disable turrets and all other stuff...

Is there any way to prevent a player you are riding on a spydrone from falling down, how can that be done?
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:31 pm

Tell them not to move?
Baleout
Master

Postby Dex » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:31 pm

Well, that sometimes happens to me while they don't move.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:34 pm

1) They move
2) You run into something with the spy drone
Baleout
Master

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:35 pm

What graphics renderer do you use Bale?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Thu Dec 06, 07 6:42 pm

Er...

DirectX?
Baleout
Master

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 06, 07 7:04 pm

Lol ok, sometimes with OpenGl the windows like Spydrone mess up.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby {17}Ales » Thu Dec 06, 07 8:23 pm

I sure do love Drone flying :P Hmm I cant see it being that hard cant you just set drones to bBlockPlayer=True or something? I think the spydrone also leaves some hope of escaping when Dae has all the turrets :P
Last edited by {17}Ales on Thu Dec 06, 07 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My msn is now updated add me xD.
{17}Ales
Regular

Postby Allan » Thu Dec 06, 07 9:07 pm

Fly under the turret, multitool, problem solved. :D
Allan
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Fri Dec 07, 07 5:36 pm

The turret would just shoot you as you got close to it, as Kaiden found out a while ago ;)
Baleout
Master

Postby Survive. » Sat Dec 08, 07 1:39 am

Allan wrote:Fly under the turret, multitool, problem solved. :D

True :D

Baleout wrote:The turret would just shoot you as you got close to it, as Kaiden found out a while ago Wink

But if your a pro at turret multitooling? Simple as cake making :?
Survive.
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Dec 08, 07 10:21 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Who's this person? He whines to much.

What's stopping you from using the Spydrone feature? Well, apart from the fact no-one seems to be able to work together like [A]! If you say "Lockpick this door please" with no-one you know on the team, its like a 5% chance they will do it. If Dae is on my team, he's already lockpicking it when I haven't finished the sentance. =D It's just intelleligence, which most of Deus Ex players seem to lack. It's not just [A] members who can use the spydrone, anyone can.

You seem to miss my point, while Alex replies exactly to what I am talking about. Im random or undead of renegades.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Dec 08, 07 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sat Dec 08, 07 11:49 pm

Your post was edited. :evil:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Sun Dec 09, 07 11:14 pm

Why the fuck am I on the RPG blacklist and alex is on it twice ! :D
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 10, 07 7:24 am

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:Why the fuck am I on the RPG blacklist and alex is on it twice ! :D

Where can I find this blacklist?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Dec 10, 07 9:55 am

------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Mon Dec 10, 07 6:12 pm

^iSmiffy
FIREDRAGONgirl
JCKiki
arbadiall
sasuke
sasuke_naruto
[TKG]alien
tim
arbadiall_18
tim_39
Player_332
S3riouS
(EdH)Nina
Macrohard
Elite
Psycho
[TKG]sasuke
[A]Pavlov
[A]lex
REDNECK
13ionicJCD
naruto

/\
|
|
|

The blacklist :?

And please, spell arcadiall right ;)
Survive.
Master

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 10, 07 6:48 pm

The thing is though, people use aliases :) I almost never use "Alex", and I might stop using "Pavlov" somewhere in the future as well.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Mon Dec 10, 07 6:50 pm

I change every now and again, everyone in [A] seems to lol. (Except Allan)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer