So I've been playing DX recently.

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

So I've been playing DX recently.

Postby Siva » Tue Dec 18, 07 7:41 pm

First under an Alias then under my actual name.

And I've noticed.

Where the fuck are all the augged servers? I love me a game of 0 Augs now and then but I wanted to cloak and jump and die at the slim hope of becoming 1% better.

Summary: Y NO AUGD SRVER
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Tue Dec 18, 07 8:46 pm

Dunno - kinda worrying since I just purchased 3 months worth of serverness. Might cycle it between augged/0-augs.

Depends on donations lol. If I can get enough donations between 28th Dec, and 16th March, to keep the server running for another 3 months, I don't mind splitting 50/50 augs, no-augs.

Maybe it could change from augged to 0-aug every 24 hours. I'll just have to figure out how to actually do that first as I have absolutely no idea.
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Ppl play DX to kill stuff
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Tue Dec 18, 07 9:18 pm

lol, is this some kind of thread to lure spaz here?

aug servers havent gone anywhere, they are the same as always. only thing thats changed is that we have more paid servers for 0augs than we use. oh and that paranoid fucker packed his server and left.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 19, 07 12:34 pm

Both of my servers include augs.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 19, 07 1:13 pm

So does mine.
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Wed Dec 19, 07 5:36 pm

Maybe I should start to regret paying for one...

Dammit. Why is it I'm always one step behind ='(

There is a distinct increase in 0-aug servers recently. Not necessarily paid ones, either.

In fact - last night at around 6pm GMT was the biggest serverlist I have ever seen since I started playing DXMP in March! Usually serverlist well under 20, but not last night.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Wed Dec 19, 07 5:39 pm

Player Count Registered: 58 at one time since Fri Nov 02, 07
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Wed Dec 19, 07 5:54 pm

you counted them personally, i guess?

ive counted few tens but not much over 30 these days.
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Dec 19, 07 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Wed Dec 19, 07 6:08 pm

You guess wrong, Alex's MS list Mod.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Wed Dec 19, 07 7:20 pm

i did not want to suggest the idea of someone having a mod for that purpose as it might have seemed rather ridiculous.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Wed Dec 19, 07 9:24 pm

I use that Masterserver webpage alot its right most of the time. :oops:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 20, 07 2:05 am

I've mainly been playing 0-Augs myself, to get back in the game, but I've only seen two Augged servers. Not much, TBH.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Thu Dec 20, 07 11:30 am

It's high time we all started to accept that DX is dying, and there's not really much we can actually do about it. Unless we collectively pool our piggy bank money together and set up our own Sold out -type company and re-release Deus Ex...

Or threaten to blow up Eidos Montreal unless they add a text file to DX3 saying how amazing the DX1 MP community is...

I'm still rather disappointed I was never around when DXMP was more popular. Since March this year, I have definitely seen a few dips and spikes in activity though. Like now, I'd call it a spike, coz there are more servers this week than I've seen in almost 2 months. Not much of a pleyer increase, but not a significant decrease.

Alex's MS mod is the coolest thing I've seen since I've been around. And if he gets it to work, that player mapping thing would be amazing.

But anyway - there are not enough servers in general, but maybe people could quit moaning about augs/0-augs, and just keep playing on A server, nevermind gametype.... there's not enough of us left to have a proper divided community anymore.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Dae » Thu Dec 20, 07 1:13 pm

[FTF]Freedom wrote:more servers

More servers doesn't mean a spike in activity. Currently the community lacks players, and the majority of the servers remain empty all the time.

We can change the situation to 180°, just wait a month or so :wink:
Dae
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 20, 07 1:38 pm

User wrote:i did not want to suggest the idea of someone having a mod for that purpose as it might have seemed rather ridiculous.

It pings the master server, lists all avaliable servers, players in the servers, amount of players playing and most ever players online at one point. :roll:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Thu Dec 20, 07 2:10 pm

So Dae... I'm intrigued.... how on earth are you going to solve the "DXMP SUCKS, SO I'M LIEK, LEAVIN" problem??

The only way I can think you can turn the situation around is remove all the servers lol. There ain't a snowflake's chance in hell that you're gonna re-populate DXMP...

..... is there??

And if it has something to do with 2027, HDTP, and all other mods... well, I just hope it doesn't. My PC only runs good old DX. Plus, I'm a purist. No mods, no custom weps, no fkn unreal maps.

A month or so?? I don't see how you're gonna do it.... unless you meant you were gonna change it from mainly 0-augs to mainly augs.... hope not!
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Dec 20, 07 2:53 pm

They gonna mess with Deus Ex, then they're gonna have to mess with Mr. Jiggles, my pet walrus made of cat's feet.

Btw, you guys do need to realise that Deus Ex will decline sooner or later. If not sooner, than later. It's nearly EIGHT years old. This forum can only keep Deus Ex active for so long. Forums like this one basically just delay a games death for so long.

Games die, they may not be forgotten, just not played as often. They die. Just like people. If you ask me, 8 years is a good run for a MP game. I don't know any other SP game with MP capabilities that's lasted that long.

If Deus Ex can last until 2009 and until Deus Ex 3 comes out, it might be alright for a few more years. Deus Ex 3 coming out is like a godsend for Deus Ex. Because it revitilizes it to an extent, until DX3 comes out. And once DX3 comes out, if DX3's MP owns DX1's, then people will most likely leave DX1 for DX3.

Which leads back to how I aforementioned that all games die. Now, I don't think DX1 will "die" even if DX3 comes out. Especially if it's being made on the Tomb Raider Legends engine. Because as I see it, Unreal is easier to modify and obviously, people know how to do it, but they do not neccessairly know how to modify Tomb Raider Legends engine nor are they neccessarily allowed.

That means Deus Ex may never be in decline for news maps and mods.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Thu Dec 20, 07 3:49 pm

Good point! U1 is piss easy to fiddle with.

If DX3 is well-loved, even if it has MP or not, surely that will create interest in some folk who wanna "get the whole series" just to follow the story?

Dunno, but all I can say is I hope DXMP has life left in it coz my pc can't play newer games
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 20, 07 3:58 pm

Clans can move into DX3 if they are still around at that point. :)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Thu Dec 20, 07 4:53 pm

Yeah. But I want DXMP to stick around. In my objective opinion, the game is rubbish (mp, not sp) but in my subjective, slightly biased opiniong.... DXMP IS THE BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER, LIEK.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Thu Dec 20, 07 5:46 pm

It's high time we all started to accept that DX is dying, and there's not really much we can actually do about it.

laughing out loud while rolling on the floor

how bloody long do you have to stick around dxmp to get it? I started in 2004 and I clearly remember times when in whole dxmp there was only me and one other player. We would play in godz server that mostly attracted the most players, until more joined over time. I accepted that its fucking dead like 4 years ago! Id go as far as saying this game may well have more players than it had back then. The number of players in that big server that could not fit all the scores to the scoreboard was insane!
Last edited by synthetic on Thu Dec 20, 07 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Thu Dec 20, 07 7:02 pm

35 players was it? :)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Thu Dec 20, 07 9:37 pm

Lol. I've seen full 12 slot servers, and that's good, but not recently.

The last time I saw a full 10 slot server was DXMS. And then it dies =(

JTB/DXS (now called DxCounty) was full quite often, but not anymore.

It sucky suck sucks.

Still getting my server tho.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Thu Dec 20, 07 9:41 pm

I saw 24-27 players when Platoon was up that was like months ago.
Last edited by ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ on Thu Dec 20, 07 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 22, 07 11:14 am

[FTF]Freedom wrote:It's high time we all started to accept that DX is dying, and there's not really much we can actually do about it. Unless we collectively pool our piggy bank money together and set up our own Sold out -type company and re-release Deus Ex...

Or threaten to blow up Eidos Montreal unless they add a text file to DX3 saying how amazing the DX1 MP community is...

I'm still rather disappointed I was never around when DXMP was more popular. Since March this year, I have definitely seen a few dips and spikes in activity though. Like now, I'd call it a spike, coz there are more servers this week than I've seen in almost 2 months. Not much of a pleyer increase, but not a significant decrease.

Alex's MS mod is the coolest thing I've seen since I've been around. And if he gets it to work, that player mapping thing would be amazing.

But anyway - there are not enough servers in general, but maybe people could quit moaning about augs/0-augs, and just keep playing on A server, nevermind gametype.... there's not enough of us left to have a proper divided community anymore.

Get out
//..
Siva

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sat Dec 22, 07 12:10 pm

Not gonna argue - was on a bit of a rant, lol.

*gone*

...(for now!) :-p
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Sat Dec 22, 07 2:16 pm

XII//:Protocol wrote:
[FTF]Freedom wrote:It's high time we all started to accept that DX is dying, and there's not really much we can actually do about it. Unless we collectively pool our piggy bank money together and set up our own Sold out -type company and re-release Deus Ex...

Get out

he did and he came back lol :p
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sat Dec 22, 07 2:32 pm

Muahahahaha guess who's back, back again, 'nobi's back, tell a friend, guess who's back guess who's back etc etc
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 22, 07 2:38 pm

[FTF]Freedom wrote:Muahahahaha guess who's back, back again, 'nobi's back, tell a friend, guess who's back guess who's back etc etc

Get out again
//..
Siva

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sat Dec 22, 07 2:45 pm

What's your problem with me? I'm just trying to make ppl see that we all need to work together to keep DXMP alive for as long as possible, dude.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Next

Return to Multiplayer