So I've been playing DX recently.

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 22, 07 2:51 pm

[FTF]Freedom wrote:What's your problem with me? I'm just trying to make ppl see that we all need to work together to keep DXMP alive for as long as possible, dude.

[FTF]Freedom wrote:It's high time we all started to accept that DX is dying
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sat Dec 22, 07 8:25 pm

Fair enough but I was just stating the obvious. It's fact, unfortunately.
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Ppl play DX to kill stuff
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Sun Dec 23, 07 12:02 am

It's been "Dieing" since 2003 or so.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sun Dec 23, 07 12:28 am

Mmm. I'm not amused right now.

Since when did fkn {17} have a GD 0-aug server. FFS. I forked out £48.60 for an 8 man server which absolutely nobody is gonna fucking use.

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay.

Merry Elfing Christmas.

Licentia Pugno // Public 0-Aug

Gonna lay empty for 3 months isn't it. Christ.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 23, 07 3:03 am

[FTF]Freedom wrote:Mmm. I'm not amused right now.

Since when did fkn {17} have a GD 0-aug server. FFS. I forked out £48.60 for an 8 man server which absolutely nobody is gonna fucking use.

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay.

Merry Elfing Christmas.

Rofl. Well.. you had to learn that some time ;) Difference is that others realize this way before they dish out the cash. If your server can compete it will be full some days at certain hours for brief games. Thats how it is. :)
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 23, 07 3:10 am

User wrote:

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay.

Merry Elfing Christmas.

Rofl. Well.. you had to learn that some time ;) Difference is that others realize this way before they dish out the cash. If your server can compete it will be full some days at certain hours for brief games. Thats how it is. :)

Yup, Cathedral Terra wasn't popular either, now it hosts Lees_HongKongInfiniteParty-3, and it took over that 'market' ^_^, it's often full.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 23, 07 3:19 am

Alex wrote:
User wrote:

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay.

Merry Elfing Christmas.

Yup, Cathedral Terra wasn't popular either, now it hosts Lees_HongKongInfiniteParty-3, and it took over that 'market' ^_^, it's often full.

It scares me to think what that "market" consists of if they prefer some crap over Cathedral Terra that I too frequently visited, but there is nothing one can do to change that.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sun Dec 23, 07 3:22 am

User wrote:
Alex wrote:
User wrote:

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay.

Merry Elfing Christmas.

It scares me to think what that "market" consists of if they prefer some crap over Cathedral Terra that I too frequently visited, but there is nothing one can do to change that.

Yup, I know. I like the concept somewhat, but not 24/7, so just like now (10 minutes ago actually), we just went into a private room and talked a bit and stuff. Was fun.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sun Dec 23, 07 3:40 am

For 2 hours?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [ß]Lost » Sun Dec 23, 07 11:37 am

Just talking in a DX server with your m8s is just waste of time in my opinion lol. The servers are meant for playng, not talking. There's MSN and forums for talking shit 8)
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sun Dec 23, 07 1:22 pm

In theory you're correct, but I have to say - the reason I've stuck with DXMP since March is mainly because of the personalities I've been fortunate to meet in-game. I've made some tidy friends from this community. I suppose I should be out meeting ppl the normal way, but the guys I've met are cool and whenever we get together we have a great laugh (usually at other ppl's expense) and we enjoy the fights.

None of us can fight to save our lives, but the witty banter that goes on in the server is thoroughly enjoyable! This game does have a fairly close knit sense of community (which DEFINITELY beats any other online game I've played), and has kept me playing.

Think of it - if there's nothing to talk about... it's the same old same old bang bang dead dead ns ns ty ty kind of thang. If you got something to talk about, things don't get boring. If you find ppl you get on with, you can always find something to talk about, and because of that the game is never repetitive.

I've been slated on numerous occasions for just standing around, godding, thwacking my mate with a scoped 999 damage long-range DTS, while discussing the latest bit of PC kit, or the footie results.... but tough titties - it keeps the game alive for me!

Whoa.... rambling again. Sowwi.

EDIT: Still getting the server. Already paid, just waiting for eCheque to clear. I'm seriously trying to set it up how people want it, and getting together a popular mix of maps (yes, I'll include RPG maps). I'm still begging for a bit of help in this respect.
Either way the server will probably lie empty for 3 months, but if I manage to set up a quality, well-administrated server.... well ya never know. Could have a chance.
Last edited by [FTF]Freedom on Sun Dec 23, 07 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby synthetic » Sun Dec 23, 07 2:03 pm

[ß]Lost wrote:Just talking in a DX server with your m8s is just waste of time in my opinion lol. The servers are meant for playng, not talking. There's MSN and forums for talking shit 8)

And this is why I used to add every single person I knew from dx to my msn XD But Ive since changed the account.

Some people will never use the msn when you need them to, and DX Server may seem like a virtual chatroom.

To any people playing in public servers, if you get "type-killed" or how you call it, its nothing but your own fault. Ive even had games where Ive had nice score and perhaps 4 deaths, that were all type kills. If youre not from the same team, youre going down! Whether or not someone is nice enough to not take the shot when youre standing like a moron really depends on them.
There isnt really a pattern among the people who complain about it. I sometimes get angry as well but I know it was a risk I took knowing the consequences.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Sun Dec 23, 07 2:23 pm

Yep. Defo nothing "indecent" about taking that shot.... they just look so damn vulnerable standing there in that expensive leather jacket and shades.... just standing....

...."pop". Oopsy... itchy trigger finger! =D
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Previous

Return to Multiplayer