I think the community is getting smaller...

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Mar 04, 08 9:55 pm

I don´t know what planet you´re on
But I wanna be on it with you

(8)
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby NightRaver » Wed Mar 05, 08 6:51 am

DX is always been small for the last year

thats why i quit playing it.
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Mar 05, 08 11:58 am

Shut up Cédric no one cares.

Also, that's just retarded... Hai the community is getting smaller so I quit. Maybe that works :?
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby synthetic » Wed Mar 05, 08 5:49 pm

MastaKilla wrote:Shut up Cédric no one cares.

Also, that's just retarded... Hai the community is getting smaller so I quit. Maybe that works :?

na its just something to laugh at when they come back

i was disappointed that there was no long story though, about how he was misunderstood in childhood and how he carried it right into the dying dxmp and how it was too much to handle :(
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Mar 06, 08 12:47 pm

I didn't say DXMP was dead, it's just loosing more people than gettng new ones.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Siva » Thu Mar 06, 08 2:37 pm

This thread is pointless.

I have prepared a graph to demonstrate why
Attachments
Tiemgraph.PNG
(16.52 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Detailed Version.PNG
Detailed Version.PNG (17.94 KiB) Viewed 12869 times
Last edited by Siva on Thu Mar 06, 08 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Thu Mar 06, 08 4:47 pm

I would have plotted a concave curve, not a convex one, but the principle is the same, just the death is slower and more painful in my scenario. I think people will play DX as long as windows supports it...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Siva » Thu Mar 06, 08 5:06 pm

To appease you
Attachments
Detailed Version 2.PNG
Detailed Version 2.PNG (18.17 KiB) Viewed 12856 times
//..
Siva

Postby synthetic » Thu Mar 06, 08 5:08 pm

lol at the graphs

very entertaining :lol:

Actually I couldnt decide between facepalm or captain obvious at first.
Last edited by synthetic on Thu Mar 06, 08 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Thu Mar 06, 08 5:27 pm

MastaKilla wrote:Shut up Cédric no one cares.

If the community is too small for your liking, you're stubborn to hang onto it.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby The RZA » Thu Mar 06, 08 9:57 pm

from what i have noticed, it is only getting a little smaller. the game has many new players, but i rarely see any veterans playing anymore.

God Made Dirt, and Dirt Will Bust Yo' Ass!
The RZA
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Thu Mar 06, 08 10:11 pm

The RZA wrote:from what i have noticed, it is only getting a little smaller. the game has many new players, but i rarely see any veterans playing anymore.

most are new faces for me as well, I dont know from which point it became "new faces", but pretty much whole RTK ARM etc are strangers (except nicky when he was in arm) :P
Not to mention 90% of the people I play in 0auged servers. There was time when I knew everybody. Noob times are so much fun.
Last edited by synthetic on Thu Mar 06, 08 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby (Helios) » Sat Mar 08, 08 6:35 am

I still think deus ex is the best game ive ever played even though it's almost completly dead but, have fath or dispare like a hole full of bums or was it strawberrys though it started to smell, must have been bums, im always forgeting thies things. we have two doors one on the left and one on the right which one will we go through? about is difficult as choosing what to eat bread, cheese, fish, deer, hart soup, yes hart soup sounds helthy care to donate? :twisted: :cry: :D :lol:
(Helios)

Postby Kaiden » Sat Mar 08, 08 8:10 am

O............k....

*Cough*

Welcome to the forums. :wink: Still got 60 players at one time recently. :x
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sat Mar 08, 08 12:25 pm

(Helios) wrote:I still think deus ex is the best game ive ever played even though it's almost completly dead but, have fath or dispare like a hole full of bums or was it strawberrys though it started to smell, must have been bums, im always forgeting thies things. we have two doors one on the left and one on the right which one will we go through? about is difficult as choosing what to eat bread, cheese, fish, deer, hart soup, yes hart soup sounds helthy care to donate? :twisted: :cry: :D :lol:

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT

FUCKING MAKE SOME SENSE
//..
Siva

Postby synthetic » Sat Mar 08, 08 12:44 pm

(Helios) wrote:I still think deus ex is the best game ive ever played even though it's almost completly dead but, have fath or dispare like a hole full of bums or was it strawberrys though it started to smell, must have been bums, im always forgeting thies things. we have two doors one on the left and one on the right which one will we go through? about is difficult as choosing what to eat bread, cheese, fish, deer, hart soup, yes hart soup sounds helthy care to donate? :twisted: :cry: :D :lol:

the fuck? crazy dude youre crazy, dude
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby {E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 » Sun Mar 09, 08 2:21 am

Anyway to help keep it alive i have my own master server. . This is the master servers IP: 86.164.151.11
EDIT: the domain got parked. just use the supplied ip that works just as well :)
Last edited by {E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 on Sun Mar 09, 08 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
guess who this is wrote:No you didn't, liar.

! wrote:liar liar liar liar lair. ECHO...................................

Seems to be your favourite word lol ive heard that many times from 1 person...
[quote="Alex"]you moron. [quote]
Yea how shitty this place is... WELL it hell aint time for me to leave i WONT leave as 1 person thinks i should im damn proud of DX. Im spreading word of it on any gaming forums i find..
/sig
{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21
Poster

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 09, 08 8:05 am

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:Anyway to help keep it alive i have my own master server. . This is the master servers IP: 86.164.151.11
EDIT: the domain got parked. just use the supplied ip that works just as well :)

community is getting larger now again, thanks
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psycho » Sun Mar 09, 08 2:58 pm

I remember when like 159 players played at a time :'( Good old times :D
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 09, 08 6:26 pm

i remember when there was only one player on whole dx, and me. we were on godz_castle playing around, chatting

it was in 2004
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Mar 09, 08 6:40 pm

i remember when i first played dxmp. :oops: [/EmoBullshit]
Last edited by ~SaSQuAtCH~ on Sun Mar 09, 08 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Psycho » Sun Mar 09, 08 6:55 pm

2002 was :O compared to now 2001 was :O :-({|=
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Mar 21, 08 7:57 am

It's a fair point the player is making about his friends trying the game...

I notice even the most talented players will snipe, spwnkill, fight in a way which often denies the new player ANY experience at all, except a quick death.

Some of us need to learn when to throttle back, perhaps go low-tech, perhaps not need to run as fast as possible between spwnrooms on smuggler for the next kill...

where is the honour or glory in crushing beginners?

But this wont stop people from playing COD4 instead.

You know why?

1. The dominant gametype is 0-augs, with 90% of DX elements removed, no bots, turrets, tooling, puzzles, adventure, horror, danger etc. You might as well have shown your friends half-life 1 or Counter-Strike 1.6, a cubic bland stale and solid non-dynamic environment.

2. I bet you a million dollars, ALL of you have played Single Player, understood the plot, the twists, the stories, the free-roaming, etc... understand what makes DX special, like owning a classic car...

For me I play DXMP really because it allows me to meet and create things with other people, such as DXSG, that for me is real deus ex, something special, and worth shouting about... a free-roaming combat experience with RPG and teamwork...

it's a pity some of us are all so sniper-obsessed and aug-obsessed and ATDM obsessed and this and that....and so afraid to use your brains or NOT make that kill sometimes... I would like to mod scores to give points for different types of kill, a prod or baton "kill" being 10 points, a cold-blooded backshot sniper shot, gets 0 or 1 point if from the front...I appeal to you brothers, where is your honour?

that would bring back what is special about DX.

That is why FGS host DXSG and host custom stuff, it shows new players what the community has achieved, what it can do...

I'm off right now to hide in some corner of DXSG_CMD_V1 and wait for intruders...

if all this fails, just explain to your friends, it's the best plot ever written, literally a prophecy... ahead of its time...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Mar 21, 08 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Mar 21, 08 9:25 am

i remember when i first played DXMP in Dejavu's beginers only server :D
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Fri Mar 21, 08 11:15 am

2. I bet you a million dollars, ALL of you have played Single Player,

lolwhat
//..
Siva

Postby ~[ß]~ » Sat Mar 22, 08 12:48 pm

For me I play DXMP really because it allows me to meet and create things with other people, such as DXSG, that for me is real deus ex, something special, and worth shouting about... a free-roaming combat experience with RPG and teamwork...

Stop being DXSG obsessed! There's no RPG in DXSG because you can't even buyskills or gain more augs. Just some fucked up gravity with 1 shot 1 kill over powered weapons. Even standard 0aug game is more special than that.

DXMP has never really been a team game. If your team wins a map, there's always just 1 player who you can thank for it.

it's a pity some of us are all so sniper-obsessed and aug-obsessed and ATDM obsessed and this and that....and so afraid to use your brains or NOT make that kill sometimes... I would like to mod scores to give points for different types of kill, a prod or baton "kill" being 10 points, a cold-blooded backshot sniper shot, gets 0 or 1 point if from the front...I appeal to you brothers, where is your honour?

"hi u suck u kileld me wit a snipar from da bak. haev sum honur nd use prod ore baton it r moar skilled"

It's a damn game, get over that bullshit. There's no such thing as honor in video games. You just point, click and stfu if you got killed.
ssftw.
~[ß]~

Postby James » Sat Mar 22, 08 1:15 pm

You just got your majesty against you.

~[ß]~ wrote:

Stop being DXSG obsessed! There's no RPG in DXSG because you can't even buyskills or gain more augs. Just some fucked up gravity with 1 shot 1 kill over powered weapons. Even standard 0aug game is more special than that.

First of all, say role play, second of all despite a lack of customization that does not mean it isn't or cannot be used for role play. Are you seriously kidding me you cannot role play without anything but lines of speech?, of course not because you can do it. If he wants to LARP on a game let him.

In return, I'm going to be really mean right now.

People make out DXMP to be such a unique shooter, well it is but stop parading over it because at the end of the day its still another shooter with magic abilities. It has been done before, it is not special but you make it out to be because it is your favorite game.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sat Mar 22, 08 1:27 pm

Banned for fucking heresy
Last edited by Siva on Sat Mar 22, 08 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva

Postby CyberKill » Sat Mar 22, 08 1:58 pm

Deus Ex Multiplayer is EPIC.
People have their own ways of Deus Ex. I.E Hasharin with his EdH type clans possibly the only fighting clan left.
Cath. Terra RPG - Hungarian Type.
2003 - 2005 - Killing Type.
We all have our own views on dx.
End Rant.
CyberKill
CyberKill

Postby synthetic » Sat Mar 22, 08 8:13 pm

EdH is no fighting clan. If they even are a clan, then they are a playing clan. They are either kids or noobs or both, but at least they keep deus ex alive. Sometimes even I play there.

1. The dominant gametype is 0-augs, with 90% of DX elements removed, no bots, turrets, tooling, puzzles, adventure, horror, danger etc. You might as well have shown your friends half-life 1 or Counter-Strike 1.6, a cubic bland stale and solid non-dynamic environment.

It has its charm, but this is true. Developers wouldve never imagined there could be 0augs, really. THey didnt put much effort into dxmp, but atdm and btdm was supposed to have that kick multiplayer needs, and it did. It worked, even with no other gametypes than deathmatches, and on rather small maps.
0augs however brings out a whole new gametype that simply doesnt have anything but.. grind..

2. I bet you a million dollars, ALL of you have played Single Player, understood the plot, the twists, the stories, the free-roaming, etc... understand what makes DX special, like owning a classic car...

I hope you meant "all of you THAT have played", many dxmp players have never touched singleplayer, which is most disturbing. Now with great graphics in games it is hard to force oneself to play such game again, perhaps.

I play 0augs because I always did, I got hooked for some reason i these days cant put my finger on, and I continue because that is what I can. When I started DXMP the game as it was meant to be was already dead. Later people would try to revitalize it, but sadly these were the wrong people.
I must say that I did acknowledge that the train had left, that I was too late in 2004. I knew all that. I learned there was multiplayer somewhere in 2002 perhaps, but I didnt have internet at the time.
I have nothing but bad things to say about DXSG however, so I wont say anything about that.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Mar 22, 08 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer