RPG maps.

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

RPG maps.

Postby or 1=1 » Sat Mar 22, 08 11:11 pm

1) What's your preferred map of the RPG kind for Deus Ex ?
Explain Why.

2) What would you like find in a new RPG map ?
Explain Why.
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun Mar 23, 08 12:19 am

I like RPGCity if it's played right, often isn't. RPG_V2 was never finished. Lee's map is good right now, with updates it's getting better. FL3 is always fun, but mainly just killing.

A decent coding system, similar to MainMans.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sun Mar 23, 08 11:47 am

DXSG_Orbital_ALTFIRE

This map is 4 maps at one time with free-roaming between each location, it can host a party and a war at the same time... its bigflyingparty meets buck rogers. robots, millenium falcons, starfighter rides, laser rifles, neutron bombs, etc. Various things can be done with the giant tunnel and low gravity, especially with admin present. But the main thing is the free-roaming and fact it allows players to fight seriously or be very stupid on it, doesn't matter...AND IT'S NOT ANOTHER BLOODY CITY MAP!

What I would like to see in RPG is this...

1. Fairground - make me a rollercoaster... candy floss and arcade games plz...
2. Circus. Augged. FireEater F3, HumanCannonball F9, Knife thrower F6 etc, Acrobat F7 speed etc...
3. SG in passworded servers, people taking it seriously and the victory being counted by tactical, strategic or logistical achievements, not a bodycount
4. RPG not taking so bloody long. When I have been on RPG servers before, I found that it took several hours, to even figure out what I should be doing and several hours for ten players to stop chatting, focus and actually do any RPG.
5. A 0-aug "battle" version of DXAG, perhaps different maps.

6. DXMP with new classes, not just unatco or nsf. I wanna be MJ12 ffs. I wanna choose WIB, Commando or MIB etc...
7. Make me a RPG city which is not on earth ffs plz. Neocon_Beta1 is a fab map, if only it were finished...

etc etc, I could make another 20 requests...

Ask yourself what is fun? What do people do for fun, fairground, circus, cinema, restaurant, club, these scenarios would be good for RPG?

I like also the idea of joining a game and being given a choice of being Jock, JC, Gary Savage etc, with each person's attributes...fighting on maps that are faithful to original game etc...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 23, 08 11:51 am

[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:I like also the idea of joining a game and being given a choice of being Jock, JC, Gary Savage etc, with each person's attributes...fighting on maps that are faithful to original game etc...

Everyone would just choose JC, seeing as he has the best weapons and augs and skills.
Baleout
Master

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 23, 08 1:38 pm

Baleout wrote:
[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:I like also the idea of joining a game and being given a choice of being Jock, JC, Gary Savage etc, with each person's attributes...fighting on maps that are faithful to original game etc...

Everyone would just choose JC, seeing as he has the best weapons and augs and skills.

then you balance the augs and skills.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Tonnochi » Sun Mar 23, 08 2:08 pm

With todays DX community, the unfortunate reality is that an RPG server pretty much needs an admin at all times.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Sun Mar 23, 08 2:30 pm

[FGS]Zeitgeist wrote:With todays DX community, the unfortunate reality is that an RPG server pretty much needs an admin at all times.

Ive been playing css lately, and what Ive concluded is, that while indeed RPG servers mostly cater for 9-13yearolds who definitely do need a supervising eye, the number of people wanting to fuck something up in dxmp truly pales in comparison to cs.
I nearly appreciate the fact the servers I play in only have very few people like grubby.
Im starting to realize that the gaming community must consist of retards for the larger part. It may be naive, but hey, I am one of those players who got to know online gaming through dxmp in the first place (except RS that I played 7-8 years ago).
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Mar 23, 08 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Cozmo » Sun Mar 23, 08 2:37 pm

As long as the RPG isn't Lee's, I will play it. :|
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby or 1=1 » Sun Mar 23, 08 4:09 pm

¤[ß2S]¤Cozmo wrote:As long as the RPG isn't Lee's, I will play it. :|

Why ?
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Baleout » Sun Mar 23, 08 7:32 pm

rand12om wrote:
Baleout wrote:

then you balance the augs and skills.

Then it wouldn't be faithful to the original game.
Baleout
Master

Postby or 1=1 » Sun Mar 23, 08 7:46 pm

Stop Spam and back on Topic pleaaaaaseeee :evil:
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Cozmo » Sun Mar 23, 08 9:18 pm

Napalm wrote:
¤[ß2S]¤Cozmo wrote:As long as the RPG isn't Lee's, I will play it. :|

Why ?

No space, and nothing to do. It's a clone of FLUP3, except crap.
Cozmo
Master

Postby Kaiden » Mon Mar 24, 08 1:48 am

rand12om wrote:
[FGS]Zeitgeist wrote:With todays DX community, the unfortunate reality is that an RPG server pretty much needs an admin at all times.

Ive been playing css lately, and what Ive concluded is, that while indeed RPG servers mostly cater for 9-13yearolds who definitely do need a supervising eye, the number of people wanting to fuck something up in dxmp truly pales in comparison to cs.
I nearly appreciate the fact the servers I play in only have very few people like grubby.
Im starting to realize that the gaming community must consist of retards for the larger part. It may be naive, but hey, I am one of those players who got to know online gaming through dxmp in the first place (except RS that I played 7-8 years ago).

I suppose. I manage the most popular RP GarrysMod server, and most popular DX RP server. Over course as Garry'sMod has more player it requires more Moderating, but on DX we strive to make things self sustained - (On Garrys mod, if someone puts a prop in the middle of a doorway only an Admin can remove it, etc). On DX it will kick cheaters, hackers, etc, automatically.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Tue Mar 25, 08 7:35 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:
rand12om wrote:

I suppose. I manage the most popular RP GarrysMod server, and most popular DX RP server. Over course as Garry'sMod has more player it requires more Moderating, but on DX we strive to make things self sustained - (On Garrys mod, if someone puts a prop in the middle of a doorway only an Admin can remove it, etc). On DX it will kick cheaters, hackers, etc, automatically.

I hope you are not saying in cs they wont have mods that "will kick cheaters, hackers, etc, automatically". :-)
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Icarios » Wed Mar 26, 08 8:25 am

I think if everyone joined forces, a epic RPG would be made.
Icarios

Postby James » Wed Mar 26, 08 11:46 am

This isn't exactly Captain Planet.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Icarios » Thu Mar 27, 08 1:29 am

Err....
Icarios

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Mar 27, 08 2:42 am

I prefer any RPG map to be honest. But my fave is RPGCity. I like RPG maps better than "regular" ones as it gets me in the mood to play Deus Ex more. However, most people just argue and kill a lot in them so it gets really fucking frustrating.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Return to Multiplayer