Server List Issue - Servers "Down"

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Server List Issue - Servers "Down"

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Mar 28, 08 11:51 am

Not sure whether to post this in technical, community or here... not sure what the problem was exactly...

http://gravity-world.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... =5648#5648
The server list was like this for over an hour, except there was DXMS server testing for a while and also a server using IP address as name...

I contacted Gaming Deluxe and was told they could see servers fine, to check my ISP, they felt it was an issue there, but then another player Echelon has posted an identical screenie on FGS forums and he lives the other side of the planet with a totally different ISP from Shadowrunner.

When a FGS server goes down, as it has this week sometimes, I always shudder and suspect foul play, usually my restart tool does the job and I guess today it did, but I was unable to see it...

And in any case, something is making the server go offline at least once per day...and why would both Echelon and Shadow, poles apart, both see the same thing... when in fact the servers apparently were there...

Server was running augged ATDM/CTDM with normal weapons at the time.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Mar 28, 08 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Fri Mar 28, 08 12:15 pm

Me and Alex also saw this
Dae
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Mar 28, 08 12:36 pm

For REN and FGS, this screenshot is also edit:significant...
I will explain in a pm to you Dae...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Mar 28, 08 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Fri Mar 28, 08 1:57 pm

The "TESTING" server with DXMS as gametype is my local hosted gameserver. Was just testing another proof-of-concept mutator. I could connect to my own gameservers (Cathedral Terra), so the problem was with the masterserver, so it seems.

Thank god everything is back to normal, let's just not hope it was someone testing out a.. hack or something.
Alex
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Mar 29, 08 11:59 pm

This is pretty amazing...

Was changing gametype all weekend... reset server to ALTFIRE tnag, low grav etc, server ran fine for 8 hours, then we added a server password for the clan war, uploaded that ini, did an admin quit 30 mins before clan war and .... gone...

It appears to be the same problem as last time, server is showing as running, but not on server list, neither can players join using IP and port number.

There was some crap in the log
FGS] Kŭćħĉĭk says: Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.tnagmapconversion': Can't resolve package name Warning: Can't resolve package name
29/03/2008 22:22:09 Rollo [FGS] Kŭćħĉĭk how can it work fine, then admin quit and server password fucks it up

needless to say I renamed TNAGmapconversion to tnagmapconversion, I also deleted it and re-uploaded it again and renamed it again.

We tried removing server password, same old thing, cant see it...

RTK server is still running fine though and no other server appears to have disappeared and this happened the moment we did admin quit, it didn't return...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby hdd21 » Tue Apr 08, 08 12:04 am

This has happened on sunday also. I wonder what the prob was. It seems to happen near the end of the week. I hope they are not shutting off their MS :( :cry: :shock:
DX is the best game ever :) :D
Alex:Hello.

Thank you for your interest and effort into Alpha.
I hope you enjoyed your flight with us.

We hope to fly you soon again.

Goodbye.

// "You have now boarded Alpha Airlines Flight:1264 Please take your seat and fasten your seatbelt"
hdd21

Return to Multiplayer