CGL Details!

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby ¤[A]Raiden¤ » Mon Apr 21, 08 3:36 pm

Around the 30th of april? mmm ill wanna be in this but it will be hard to get some time, due to the fact its the day after GTA comes out LOL.
- BoneThugs-N-Harmony -
¤[A]Raiden¤
Alpha

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 24, 08 1:29 pm

Estimated Completion Date: 30th April 2008
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Apr 27, 08 9:39 pm

Yea well.. Im looking forward to it.. got the site bookmarked. If this league fails I will beat their families with a big stick.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Nickel » Sun Apr 27, 08 11:03 pm

Hmmm...interesting...big sticks eh? :P

I almost guarantee you that the league will not fail, all we need from the teams/clans that register is activity. Should be fun

Also, as I've stated, it's estimated completion date is the 30th, however it may be pushed to the end of this week or start of the next.

We may well be close to hosting a LAN very soon which will be using the league system, but no promises. As I've said, tis looking good so far :)
Nickel

Postby synthetic » Sun Apr 27, 08 11:36 pm

Activity will be the problematic part, but, hell, if need be ill split ren clan into two groups that participate.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Nickel » Mon Apr 28, 08 11:18 pm

Just a quick update, the main goal after getting the site live, is to test the water by running a ranked, monitored ladder where we put seeded teams vs one another to see if people are willing to commit.

We also have some pretty nifty ideas floating around about winning cr... (said too much, what a cliffhanger :P)
Last edited by Nickel on Mon Apr 28, 08 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickel

Postby Psycho » Wed Apr 30, 08 1:12 pm

Should start today.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Wed Apr 30, 08 1:15 pm

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:Should start today.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Wed Apr 30, 08 1:18 pm

Nickel wrote:Estimated Completion Date: 30th April 2008
Last edited by Psycho on Wed Apr 30, 08 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Survive. » Wed Apr 30, 08 9:40 pm

I think theres a two - three week delay if I am correct? Not to sure.
Survive.
Master

Postby Psycho » Wed Apr 30, 08 10:30 pm

w00t that a massive delay :/
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Thu May 01, 08 1:52 pm

Jeez, and here I was, ready to play it today.

:lol:

Just get it done lol
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 1:58 pm

Nickel wrote:I almost guarantee you that the league will not fail

You can't guarantee that. You can't be 100% sure it won't fail, you'll only succeed if the whole community is willing to work with you, and because most either won't know who the hell you are or just won't want to, you may have trouble starting out.

I applaud your confidence but trying to guarantee something you actually have no physical control over is fucking idiotic. That's like me saying it's 100% guaranteed that Hillary Clinton won't win this years election. How the hell can I guarantee that? I can't, same as you.

Don't give people false hope. It may help people to start with but when it fucks up it can shatter some peoples dreams. Hence why I am not waiting out on a "God" to exist.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Psycho » Thu May 01, 08 7:03 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:
Nickel wrote:I almost guarantee you that the league will not fail

You can't guarantee that. You can't be 100% sure it won't fail, you'll only succeed if the whole community is willing to work with you, and because most either won't know who the hell you are or just won't want to, you may have trouble starting out.

I applaud your confidence but trying to guarantee something you actually have no physical control over is fucking idiotic. That's like me saying it's 100% guaranteed that Hillary Clinton won't win this years election. How the hell can I guarantee that? I can't, same as you.

Don't give people false hope. It may help people to start with but when it fucks up it can shatter some peoples dreams. Hence why I am not waiting out on a "God" to exist.

He acctually said [quote="Nickel]I almost guarantee you that the league will not fail, all we need from the teams/clans that register is activity[/quote]

So he said, if all participate. he sees no reason why not.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri May 02, 08 12:32 am

Yeah, but people need to be willing to allow a few things.

1. They need to get off their ass and actually attend and;
2. Not care that somebody else will be controlling the ladder, not them.
3. They actually have to know about the thing first. I know anyone here wouldn't have known anything (or much) about it if Survive hadn't told us. But he can't do that for every single clan forum.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Survive. » Fri May 02, 08 4:13 pm

Anyhow, Daf/Nickel has came up with some rules that can sort the 'attendence of clan members'

Seems resonable to me, but these are not official yet.
Survive.
Master

Postby Psycho » Fri May 02, 08 5:03 pm

When will they be offical?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Fri May 09, 08 1:11 pm

Website wrote:Final Release to public - 13th of June

Bye bye League? Really, June! A bit too late, I'd say?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri May 09, 08 2:23 pm

So we have to wait TWO months now, eh? How about I say, fuck that and it's never going to work. Why? Because you love to delay the whole thing. God you guys are so stupid.

This wouldn't be that bad, if you had announced it when it was released and completed. This is why I don't tell people I plan on releasing something, as generally, loads of "complications" occur. Never make promises. I have in the past and have usually not been able to keep them.

It's like telling somebody there is a life after death. They believe it and then, when they die, they find out there is no afterlife (don't take this too heart, it's purely an example). Sweet, eh? Don't give people false hope for crying out loud, it doesn't help you any.

I have to agree with Alex on this. You've taken way too long and now you've fucked up all chances. Not only did the plan sound completely fucked in the first place but now you make us wait an extra month to add on to the month we've already waited.

Like I said...

FUCK THAT!
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Survive. » Fri May 09, 08 5:09 pm

Alex wrote:

Whats late and early to you?

And since I haven't heard off him for some time, I guess it's for the people that have GCSE's/exams on their hands, and the BETA testing he needs to do with the site. That's the only guessess I have.
Last edited by Survive. on Fri May 09, 08 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Survive.
Master

Postby Alex » Fri May 09, 08 5:13 pm

¤[ß2S]¤Sürvívë wrote:
Alex wrote:

Whats late and early to you?

And since I haven't heard off him for some time, I guess it's for the people that have GCSE's/exams on their hands, and the BETA testing he needs to do with the site. That's the only guessess I have.

What is late? In this case June, clearly. It was supposed to go online in April.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Survive. » Fri May 09, 08 5:14 pm

It's late for nothing really, it's just delayed by a hell of alot.
Survive.
Master

Postby Psycho » Fri May 09, 08 5:25 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:So we have to wait TWO months now, eh? How about I say, fuck that and it's never going to work. Why? Because you love to delay the whole thing. God you guys are so stupid.

This wouldn't be that bad, if you had announced it when it was released and completed. This is why I don't tell people I plan on releasing something, as generally, loads of "complications" occur. Never make promises. I have in the past and have usually not been able to keep them.

It's like telling somebody there is a life after death. They believe it and then, when they die, they find out there is no afterlife (don't take this too heart, it's purely an example). Sweet, eh? Don't give people false hope for crying out loud, it doesn't help you any.

I have to agree with Alex on this. You've taken way too long and now you've fucked up all chances. Not only did the plan sound completely fucked in the first place but now you make us wait an extra month to add on to the month we've already waited.

Like I said...

FUCK THAT!

Now wories anyways, I probarly wouldn't participate anyways.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri May 09, 08 5:28 pm

¤[ß2S]¤Sürvívë wrote:It's late for nothing really, it's just delayed by a hell of alot.

It was estimated for fucken April for one. And now you say June? You've already made us wait a month and now you want us to wait another?

What the fuck is too late and early to you?!
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Sat May 17, 08 7:04 pm

Kiwi really wants his league game. What team are you in for this event? Must be difficult to manage.. ping and all.

I dont care about estimations as long as it takes place. Im more interested in how the matches will be set up.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Artin » Sat May 17, 08 7:41 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:
¤[ß2S]¤Sürvívë wrote:It's late for nothing really, it's just delayed by a hell of alot.

It was estimated for fucken April for one. And now you say June? You've already made us wait a month and now you want us to wait another?

What the fuck is too late and early to you?!

Any reason why you're so angry all the time? 0_o

Anyways, June isn't too far off, only about 2-3 weeks :P
Artin
Poster

Postby synthetic » Sat May 17, 08 9:56 pm

He really wants to play in this league, give the guy a break cheese 8)
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby {17}agentsmith » Sun May 18, 08 1:04 pm

I dont see the big problem, I'm looking forward to these league even if it doesnt work in the end
I dont see why this has turned into a rant, if you dont want to join it then fine
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby synthetic » Sun May 18, 08 1:27 pm

Weve had a bit of experience in trying to arrange something like this with some members of this community, so if CGL needs any help I will try to be of some assistance, if its within my capabilities. :wink:

we did some hell of a lot thinking to get rules sorted, and I believe I still have all the material from that imperial league.

Also, what software is going to be used, IF its going to be used?

Perhaps the community can sponsor the league. Obviously we arent talking about very big sums, but even if marginal its the thought that counts ;) I personally would donate.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun May 18, 08 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Survive. » Tue Jun 10, 08 12:18 pm

Update:
The CGL website will open to the public on the expected date but the competitions etc may be a few days later. I guess this is so the teams have time to register.

Dan
Survive.
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer