BERETTA VOTE

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

BERETTA VOTE

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Mon Apr 21, 08 9:56 pm

A number of people in the [A] community and other clans expressed disgust that we have removed beretta. So If I may take the liberty of directing you to a vote on FGS forums...

Beretta has been put to the vote. You may vote at http://www.gravity-world.com Beretta has been only removed on a trial basis. I expect beretta to win the vote. Any political discussion in-game on server may be ignored, 120 convos are not gonna happen... make your point everyone at gravity-world.com

We have added energy pistol, sabot launcher, smg, specialrifle, and mingun to the NYC_Airport map, which is still under construction...As soon as we can we will add more weps to as many maps as we can on the Altfire server.

The issues are this...

We had complaints about Pulse, Shotgun and Beretta. I see valid reasons for retaining Pulse and Shotgun, although Shotgun is not a science fiction weapon, neither really is Special Rifle....

Beretta however, is being used by pros and even intermediate players with devastating effect and reducing the need to bother even training on the actual sci-fi altfire weps and causing many players to complain to me. Pings vary between players and beretta is basically an unscoped sniper machine gun... some kind of terrible SMG that fires 10mm bullets, a bit like an overpowered UMP45. I am not saying if I vote for or against beretta, I want the community to decide. Please vote on grav world.

My ideal situation, which takes some work, is to vary weps over each map on the server. A different wep missing on each map. This would be fairest system and one which encourages player to be good on all weps.

All suggestions, comments are welcome...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 21, 08 10:34 pm

I think the Beretta should be deleted, it's overpowered.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 21, 08 10:35 pm

What she said.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 21, 08 10:36 pm

Jon wrote:What she said.

Thanks hon.
Alex
Alpha

Postby or 1=1 » Mon Apr 21, 08 10:50 pm

Alex wrote:
Jon wrote:What she said.

Thanks hon.

I thought that I was your only HONEY :cry:

and yes, the Beretta should be removed.

ENFORCER FTW !
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Apr 23, 08 4:20 am

Alex i totally agree with you, but it aint for you or me to rule over others...

why do u fail to see this point?

And besides are you completely mad, beretta is winning the vote by a long score...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 23, 08 7:19 am

[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:Alex i totally agree with you, but it aint for you or me to rule over others...

why do u fail to see this point?

And besides are you completely mad, beretta is winning the vote by a long score...

Uh? You wanted my opinion so I gave it.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Wed Apr 23, 08 7:38 am

Could you modify it to make it a bit less powerfull?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Apr 23, 08 1:35 pm

you'd have to ask Hejhuka, the author...

the mod can be loaded in the editor, so if it is your map, you can design the map and gun to be balanced, but you can't alter the weps without permission.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Apr 23, 08 1:44 pm

[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:you'd have to ask Hejhuka, the author...

the mod can be loaded in the editor, so if it is your map, you can design the map and gun to be balanced, but you can't alter the weps without permission.

Wanna bet?
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Apr 23, 08 1:47 pm

You can actually, copyright doesn't extend to modification without profit. :roll:

Besides, don't those models belong to someone else?
Last edited by James on Wed Apr 23, 08 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Wed Apr 23, 08 5:45 pm

If you can modify a preset weapon set without permission then surely modding a mod softens the blow. The fire rate or accuracy could be toned down so it could be like a DEagle.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Apr 23, 08 5:51 pm

The only thing that is against copyright is claiming the entirety of it as your own.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Wed Apr 23, 08 6:03 pm

Hey that's not true: Klop copied SMG_Mod skin to skin, value to value; lmao I hope he remembers that.

Regardless does anyone have an established link with Hejijuka?
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Si[ß]eria~ » Thu Apr 24, 08 1:28 pm

You can open the mod in editor and add the weapons to the map and by opening the weapons properties, you can alter their default properties there like hitdamage. Those will only take effect in game after you pick up the weapon once, and then re-pick it up.

In my opinion, the original tnag mod is way better than the altfire one. Altfire is just way too over powered and un-balanced.
~[ß]Síke~ Mess with the best, fuck the rest.
~Si[ß]eria~
Wannabe

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Apr 26, 08 1:13 pm

got a link for original?
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Sun Apr 27, 08 9:43 pm

you may aswell remove that sniper as well then. snipers own the server without beretta, close and long range pretty much. I feel as if automatic shotgun has also been nerfed.

Gravity gun is so much fun though. Put it on amtrak as well. I could blow them into air all night long :D
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Mon Apr 28, 08 4:12 am

I would agree with you but you are forgetting noob rifle, I mean vac rifle...
unlimited range and the ability to spray, if you miss with your first shock rifle shot, you've a good chance of dying... and also the "sniper" is not really a sniper, no scope required... the shock rifle is used in melee, just like a pistol, with a rate of fire similar to a normal pistol.

AutoShotgun - well that is a whole story in itself... The silencer and the apparent lag have caused numerous accusations of cheating.

If I could find a way to have grav gun without ppl abusing predator mode or shooting people through walls, into spwnrooms etc... then I would happily re-introduce it... It's not really a weapon in it's pro use, it's for seeing, for jumping, for making other people jump, for climbing any height of wall etc... if it could be modified to prevent wallshooting and pred buggin then fine...

Beretta has won the vote and at some point will be re-introduced, but most likely not on every map. It's currently on DXMP_Spaceship on the server.

We had complaints about Beretta, Pulse and Shotgun. We will continue to test various combinations of weapons and maps etc... in the meantime, thank you for your patience...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Mon Apr 28, 08 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Eçheløn » Mon Apr 28, 08 6:16 am

There wasn't even a beretta or assault shotgun in unreal tournament :lol:
Why remove beretta ? its an awesome weapon (maybe lower the fire rate).

But the pulse gun is very overpowered (nothing beats a newbie firing all over the place with a pulse gun, except a headshot)
Last edited by Eçheløn on Mon Apr 28, 08 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eçheløn
Poster

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Apr 28, 08 6:28 am

[RTK]Eçheløn wrote:There wasn't even a beretta or assault shotgun in unreal tournament :lol:
Why remove beretta ? its an awesome weapon (maybe lower the fire rate).

But the pulse gun is very overpowered (nothing beats a newbie firing all over the place with a pulse gun, except a headshot)

Overpowered my ass, I suck with the god damn thing. If you can't hit your target then it being "overpowered" kinda outweighs it.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Eçheløn » Mon Apr 28, 08 6:56 am

Oh i'm sorry i meant if you're in a narrow corrider like the one in smuggler then its difficult to escape.
People jumping around in those big outdoors maps are harder to hit with pulse gun.
Eçheløn
Poster

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:26 am

[RTK]Eçheløn wrote:Oh i'm sorry i meant if you're in a narrow corrider like the one in smuggler then its difficult to escape.
People jumping around in those big outdoors maps are harder to hit with pulse gun.

Yeah, that makes more sence now lol. In that situation it'd be like using a fucking GEP in the same map.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:11 pm

all weapons besides sniper suck pretty equally there right now imo. its like for joking around. that includes pulse gun.maybe its that silly low-gravity.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Apr 28, 08 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 28, 08 9:40 pm

But then, most things are just for joking around when you're in REN. Oh, and just to cover my bases, I'll add "imo".
Jon
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Apr 30, 08 8:56 pm

lol

Echelon wrote:Why remove beretta ? its an awesome weapon (maybe lower the fire rate).

I asked Alex if he can make it single shot... Alex said he will try to remove some bugs in tnag, including the beretta silencer...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Return to Multiplayer