Little thought

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Psycho » Sun May 04, 08 10:22 am

Yes, but only having to play SP, is a diss-avantage because, If you would complete the game you would be bored with it, and stop pleaying it.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun May 04, 08 11:25 am

Without playing DXSP1 most of the newbs (about 95%) will certainly leave DXMP after some days cos the game itself is old and they have better games to play. I believe that 95% of the DXMP community played DXSP before playing DXMP that's why we still love it and care about it.

And go back on topic.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Mon May 05, 08 5:34 pm

I played half-life and am a great fan, I never got around to SDK or playing it online though, I played Condition Zero instead and voted Prodigy and Nuke maps always... was as good as being in half-life...

There are still people today, playing half-life for the first time and how old is that game. But how many of them make it as far as MP. As long as DX is loved, I see no reason why it will disappear.

DX3 with no MP is good news for DX1. However I feel the vast majority will only play the single player game.

1. Most ppl will be on Xbox or 360 culture, won't be great computer guys and wont be tempted to SDK or get too involved with a PC game.

2. Most ppl simply will just play the single player of DX1.

GODZ posted some statistics which are quite depressing. Of 10,000 CD's given away free, only 2500 will make it home. Of that 2500, only about 500 will play the SP to the end. Of that 500, only about 100 will try MP. Of that 100, less than 20 will play it more than 3 times... or something like that...

But still, DX3 can't be bad for DX1. Perhaps a forums relating to single player and a forums which make it really easy for Xbox and 360 fans to get to grips with the basics of PC gaming, DXMP and using SDK's etc...

My first job will be converting all the DX3 maps to DX1...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Kaiden » Mon May 05, 08 5:38 pm

GODZ posted some statistics which are quite depressing. Of 10,000 CD's given away free, only 2500 will make it home. Of that 2500, only about 500 will play the SP to the end. Of that 500, only about 100 will try MP. Of that 100, less than 20 will play it more than 3 times... or something like that...

Lol GODZ can post pigs fly if they like.. Let's see them actual proof..
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Mon May 05, 08 5:41 pm

this was genuine research undertaken by professionals...

and before u slate GODZ too much, don't forget Xikron was a GODZ member and is a professional games designer, worked on Spiderman etc...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Kaiden » Mon May 05, 08 7:27 pm

I wasn't "slating GODZ", just saying anyone can post something, wondering if there was a link to these stats or something.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon May 05, 08 7:42 pm

[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:this was genuine research undertaken by professionals...

and before u slate GODZ too much, don't forget Xikron was a GODZ member and is a professional games designer, worked on Spiderman etc...

THAT WAS SUCH AN AWFUL GAME LOL.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby ~Si[ß]eria~ » Mon May 05, 08 8:11 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:
[FGS]ShadowRunner wrote:this was genuine research undertaken by professionals...

THAT WAS SUCH AN AWFUL GAME LOL.

lol have to agree with you there. Spiderman games sucked.
~[ß]Síke~ Mess with the best, fuck the rest.
~Si[ß]eria~
Wannabe

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon May 05, 08 8:21 pm

Eh. I'll be buying the DX3 game for the SP version, thanks. I've played DXSP over 10 times and can do it with any other game lol. Hell I play LOADS of games without MP. GTA2 is one of 'em (AND THAT'S FUCKEN OLD MAN!) and Half-Life 1 is another (I don't play it's MP lol).

Difference with me is if I buy a sequel, I'll usually buy the previous games to find out the storyline. If I've already player the "previous" games (in this case, DX1 and DXIW) then I'll buy the sequel regardless of reviews (if I like the original games) to see what it's like IMO.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Mon May 05, 08 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Tue May 06, 08 12:28 am

DeathMaster wrote:I believe that 95% of the DXMP community played DXSP before playing DXMP that's why we still love it and care about it.

Oh I strongly object that estimation youve made. It may be perhaps 40-60% but definitely not more. Ive encountered so many people who havent played dxsp, and who dont give a flying fuck either. Certainly as the game has aged the number of people in dxmp who have started dxmp without playing dxsp has increased.
Last edited by synthetic on Tue May 06, 08 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Tue May 06, 08 12:32 am

I was talking about the community not about those who once or twice tried out the game then left for runescape or CS.
(community imo: those who play DXMP recently)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Kaiden » Tue May 06, 08 1:06 am

I think someone did a vote...uh..

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic. ... layed+dxsp

There, 9 say they played DXMP first, 36 say they played DXSP first :).
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby rob » Tue May 06, 08 9:57 am

i think dx2 didnt sell as well because there was no mp. so maybe they will see this and put mp on dx3 for it to sell better.

i baught dx for the sp, it didnt have mp when it first came out. but back then i hadnt really played any mp games.
________
Herbal vaporizers
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Tue May 06, 08 11:44 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:I think someone did a vote...uh..

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic. ... layed+dxsp

There, 9 say they played DXMP first, 36 say they played DXSP first :).

thats 20% if i'm rite? :D
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue May 06, 08 12:26 pm

Personally, I think that any people won't bother to play DXSP now, it's too old. And, there is one big reason why loads of people (I've told Deus Ex about) haven't played it.

They don't understand it. Ion Storm's writers did a fantastic job but not everybody understands the full concept of the game and it confuses them. Several people I know had to play the game several times before realizing just wtf was going on.

And, Deus Ex: Invisible War didn't sell, because it sucks in comparison to that of DX1. It "sold" because many DX1'ers wanted to try it and most who bought it didn't like it. Many people who had never tried DX1 however, would've thought it not so bad. It wasn't without it's flaws but I liked it.

My main problem with DXIW is that it's storyline is totally FUCKED. IT TRYS TO UTILIZE ALL THREE FUCKEN ENDINGS. SERIOUSLY, WTF (read the notes in loading screens). That and people like Chad Dumier and Nicolette Du'Clare now hate JC and Paul which is so contradictive.
Last edited by Mr. Tastix on Tue May 06, 08 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Fri May 09, 08 10:16 pm

Haven't played DXIW yet but downloaded it already. I gotta try it out now.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Krank » Sat May 10, 08 9:42 am

I dont like DX:IW doesnt continue with the concept of the original game. (I have Deus Ex on PS2)
{A.a]starcraft wrote:do i get banned if i try to hack the forums

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our dark that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us; its in everyone.
Krank
Wannabe

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat May 10, 08 1:12 pm

Ps2 version of DX1 looks shit for me, better effects tho but those characters are just ridiculus
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat May 10, 08 1:37 pm

DeathMaster wrote:Haven't played DXIW yet but downloaded it already. I gotta try it out now.

Most people don't like it. I don't mind it but it has way too many flaws. Shared ammunition being one of those flaws. My main concern with it is it's storyline. I hate it as it's screwed up in many places.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Sat May 10, 08 7:49 pm

Shared ammunition is not a flaw, but a feature.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat May 10, 08 7:51 pm

rob wrote:i think dx2 didnt sell as well because there was no mp. so maybe they will see this and put mp on dx3 for it to sell better.

i baught dx for the sp, it didnt have mp when it first came out. but back then i hadnt really played any mp games.

People didn't play DX:IW because it was shit.

Not because it didn't have MP.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sat May 10, 08 8:05 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:
rob wrote:i think dx2 didnt sell as well because there was no mp. so maybe they will see this and put mp on dx3 for it to sell better.

And you know as a fact that the shit game would have not sold better with the mp.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat May 10, 08 8:39 pm

rand12om wrote:
[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:

And you know as a fact that the shit game would have not sold better with the mp.

I'm glad you understand my viewpoint.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sat May 10, 08 9:50 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:I'm glad you understand my viewpoint.

I understand that you hurried to prove rob wrong without considering that he may be partially right.
Of course DXIW was shit. And of course there are players who dont give a fuck about the SP.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat May 10, 08 10:06 pm

rand12om wrote:

I understand that you hurried to prove rob wrong without considering that he may be partially right.
Of course DXIW was shit. And of course there are players who dont give a fuck about the SP.

SARCASM OVER THE INTERNET IS LIKE TRYING TO BURN FIRE.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat May 10, 08 10:08 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:
rand12om wrote:

I once burned fire.
And it said.
Fuck off.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun May 11, 08 1:22 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:
rand12om wrote:

Dont worry, your "sarcasm" did not escape me. It did however ask for more detailed post.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Previous

Return to Multiplayer