If you had an Aimbot would you use it?

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Sep 06, 08 9:04 pm

If I was a nazi moderator, wouldn't you hate me?
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 07, 08 1:58 pm

Most of the gaming community, or large chunk of it, seems to be oblivious of how good some can play. I suppose the pro gamers know better than anyone how that works.

ive become extremely sceptical of every incident where someone is being banned for aimbotting or cheating. youd better have some serious proof to pull that off. From my friends I occasionally hear how they have been banned in this game or another game, for aimbotting, while they obviously arent.

I rememeber Ste banning one of our members, a past member of your clan as well. He was banned and stayed banned even though the admin wasnt exactly able to explain me why he was banned. I concluded that the guy cannot tell the difference between Green and Yellow.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Sep 07, 08 3:11 pm

Innocent until proven guilty, I say! Not that they do that in the fucken real world, let alone in a goddamn game!

If you can't prove someone was or is using an aimbotter, then you shouldn't be able to do shit. Some people are real assholes though, they don't even look into the claims of aimbotter use, they just ban the accused and live with it.

Those people are, what I call, ignorant.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Bear » Sun Sep 07, 08 3:41 pm

Its a bit ovious if they are aimboting, because they would aim head all time, even when you use fast toggle crouch.
Bear
Addict

Postby Baleout » Sun Sep 07, 08 4:14 pm

How would you know if they are aiming at your head all the time. They could just be shooting at where your head is when you are standing, therefore only hitting your head.
Baleout
Master

Postby Psycho » Sun Sep 07, 08 4:28 pm

If someone does aimbot, does crouching stop them?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Sep 07, 08 4:31 pm

No it doesn't.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 08, 08 5:00 pm

Just send lag spikes.
Bear
Addict

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Sep 09, 08 10:09 am

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:If someone does aimbot, does crouching stop them?

Not in deus ex

Maybe in other games but no dx :wink:

Hey wrote:Just send lag spikes.

What?..

And it dosent mean only Head.. Aimbot.. you can tell it where u want to hit.. place names..
e.g Torso, Left Arm.
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Tue Sep 09, 08 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Baleout » Tue Sep 09, 08 6:12 pm

~DJ~ wrote:
Hey wrote:Just send lag spikes.

What?..

Lag hax. Ask Kaiden ;P
Baleout
Master

Postby Bear » Tue Sep 09, 08 6:58 pm

You can use RUF attack...
Bear
Addict

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Sep 09, 08 7:17 pm

I have heard of lag binds.. but whats that >_>
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Baleout » Tue Sep 09, 08 8:22 pm

You press a button, and where the opponent sees you on their screen becomes different to where you actually are.
Baleout
Master

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue Sep 09, 08 9:21 pm

rand12om wrote:Id never use aimbot in public server, and I have been far too lazy to even test them in private server. In fact I dont even install MTL manually anymore.
Over years Ive managed to acquire some bots from different people, for different reasons. Some of them work in dx, others have not been imported. Funbot remains the top common aimbot though IMO.

Cheating in multiplayer game is pointless, but there are those kind of people who think they are being very funny, or somehow above the players who invest some time in getting better or in getting to know the game. If you think which party is wasting their life here, then it should be quite obvious. Nothing to ponder about too much though. We have cheaters, retards and just plain idiots all around us, regardless if its a place we play in, a place we shop in, or a house we live in.

Both seem to be wasting their life equally. Anyone who plays games for anything but for fun needs to get out more.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Tue Sep 09, 08 10:07 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:
rand12om wrote:Id never use aimbot in public server, and I have been far too lazy to even test them in private server. In fact I dont even install MTL manually anymore.
Over years Ive managed to acquire some bots from different people, for different reasons. Some of them work in dx, others have not been imported. Funbot remains the top common aimbot though IMO.

Cheating in multiplayer game is pointless, but there are those kind of people who think they are being very funny, or somehow above the players who invest some time in getting better or in getting to know the game. If you think which party is wasting their life here, then it should be quite obvious. Nothing to ponder about too much though. We have cheaters, retards and just plain idiots all around us, regardless if its a place we play in, a place we shop in, or a house we live in.

Both seem to be wasting their life equally. Anyone who plays games for anything but for fun needs to get out more.

Why not have fun by getting out more??
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Cyrus » Tue Sep 09, 08 10:08 pm

~DJ~ wrote:

Not in deus ex

Actually it does I know for a fact it effected the funbot that aimbot didn't loads of things like lag, augs, crouching fast and jump crouching. Also if you fluke it and your fast enough there is a chance it hits you in the chest. Well that is the funbot I don't know about the other two aimbots but crouching did have an effect on it if it was done properly. LOL the memory of me and clix having a funbot war in non mtled server. :lol: :oops:

THANKS KEITH
Cyrus
Commander of IRELAND

Postby James » Tue Sep 09, 08 10:45 pm

Agreed, I don't see why they need rub it in people's faces, (smart) people play for fun and do not want to feel cheated. Although, I'd line up cheaters (in any form) in the same way as people who are tournament exclusive.

Now for a completely off-topic jab at clans.

Video-gaming isn't exclusively a sport, it will always be an electronic toy no matter how competitive people make it. Next time you lose a CAL league or don't qualify into the semi-final legs of a beat em up, remember you're getting angry at bits of plastic, metal and other materials.

Anyone who belongs to a clan, is silly in my opinion. Expand your horizons, don't restrict your social group to people who sponsor their small clan as if it's designer clothing. It means shit, be a free agent and gain real sponsors.

This guy?, SlayerS_`BoxeR`, Lim Yo-Hwan. The most popular Starcraft professional player in the world... and you're possibly thinking "SlayerS?, lol what a gay clan name" that is not a clan at all, he just puts that in for a laugh. He belongs to a team yes, called ACE. He doesn't label him with it at all, he just belongs to them. "He is the highest-paid professional gamer in world history, with annual earnings that exceed $300,000 US Dollars and endorsement contracts that bring in an additional $90,000 per year."

What makes ACE different than any other clan name?, what does it stand for?, Air Force Challenges E-sports. What a gay name right?... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_o ... _Air_Force yup the south Korea Air Force has their own team, which challenges multi-player video-gaming. How abnormal but kind of cool is that?

They have the best advert ever too.

Again sorry for the off-topic, but please don't conform to clan tags and just generally being anti social. You just get laughed at by nips with more money than you while piloting combat jets.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Sep 10, 08 10:27 am

Cyrus wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:

Not in deus ex

Actually it does I know for a fact it effected the funbot that aimbot didn't loads of things like lag, augs, crouching fast and jump crouching. Also if you fluke it and your fast enough there is a chance it hits you in the chest. Well that is the funbot I don't know about the other two aimbots but crouching did have an effect on it if it was done properly. LOL the memory of me and clix having a funbot war in non mtled server. :lol: :oops:
XD remember the invisible fight?
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Cyrus » Wed Sep 10, 08 11:01 am

LOL and the headshot I just shot you out of pure fright!

THANKS KEITH
Cyrus
Commander of IRELAND

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Sep 10, 08 11:13 am

Baleout wrote:You press a button, and where the opponent sees you on their screen becomes different to where you actually are.

Ah that bind.. yes i actually know..... its stupid tho for me.. cause i already warp. :D
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Wed Sep 10, 08 2:19 pm

Baleout wrote:You press a button, and where the opponent sees you on their screen becomes different to where you actually are.

That's funny lol, although never used in an actual fight.

Hey wrote:You can use RUF attack...

Nethphys would instantly ban/kick you for it.
Last edited by Kaiden on Wed Sep 10, 08 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 14, 08 4:13 pm

Id like to argue against most of what you said there Jay, but it isnt completely untrue, and its definitely more argumentative post than that of spiderbot's. :lol:

I just think that now, when youve thought through why clan is a bad thing, you should think a little why clan is a good thing and why people want to be in one and promote it the way we do.

The fun you can have in games can be ruined by so many factors, but the definition of fun can be different for different people.
It is rather clear though that the border between having fun and fucking up is crossed at the point where you start to have fun on the expense of others by breaking or ignoring the rules nearly all the other players play by or are understood by. If everybody was making their own rules it would be time consuming and stressful.

I think excellent example would be where a good player with excellent fps and hardware owns second player to hell. But since the second player cant accept the fact and needs to prove that he always comes out on top regardless of how things theoretically should work, he will just load up his aimbot and wallhack, and begin to frag the first player when ever he sees him. Evolution eh?

But the part where it becomes fun is the part where third player silently logs in as admin and starts killswitching the first and second on spawn, or randomly exploding them. Because ultimately HE is THE man in that server. Of course he is so fucking good that they cant even frag him through his godmode, noobs that they are.
Of course one could continue this thought and take it to the part where the first one looses it and has the pc of the second guy fried by his hacker friends, after all the passcodes are extracted. Then he will make his way with his shaky legs to the front door of the third guy and shoot him in the face.
But it may be that the third guy was actually a citizen of a second country very much interested in stirring up a conflict within that country, so masses are brought to the streets.

Well in the end of this story somewhere along the way nukes come to play, and large hadron collider..

Basically, play by the rules faggots.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Sep 14, 08 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sun Sep 14, 08 5:06 pm

I'm not saying everyone should drop their clans but merely their attitudes to managing clans and over-use of tag identification. My argument sure isn't going to change all these teenagers wanting to make it big in CS, but it's as far as I know the truth.

As far as I can see it without going into it too much, the trends with clans are that they're glorified friend groups enforcing their rules, trying to up their standards while trying to eat up as much e-rep as they can. Yet forgetting they're friends and they add all these tier nonsense like clan leader, clan sub leader and so forth. There are clans without such systems and do it right where every member has equal rights and part of a team (few exceptions for a 'leader' figure if theres a guy who pays solely for the content they use), you know they're doing it wrong when they add specialty tiers such as pro team, amateur team and etc. with a group of leaders dictating every action of their members, treating them as if they're simulating control.

This forum and entire community is guilty of that, this is why I've always tried to break from the community and held an amazing reputation which made a big part in helping keeping everything together by being a neutral figure. Am I right to guess I am the first person in the community who kept his clan tag off for long periods of time yet he was still referred to as "Jay of [A]"?, it was working prove that clantags should only be worn for serious matches.

I propose all clans should just be a group of 5+ people or whatever depending on the GAME they play. The only requirement for joining is that you must be liked and good enough to the clan's standards, that way no arguments or drama will appear. They only play with their clan tags on during scrims or tournament/league matches, that way it looks the most professional. I hate running into people on online games with their clantags stuck to them with glue, as said above it's just advertisement. You can still be a regular on the server you play and be known for your name without your tag. No need to have little fanboys or gatherings in public servers because you most likely aren't winning let alone winning money in the competitions you succeed in.

None of the 930+ member group I belong to are not in clans, a handful of them play in our own teams who are in leagues and tournaments though. They keep changing it to what they want too, one minute you'd see [YANDERE], next minute a team of Europeans named AMERICA. THE best part of this though, they're possibly always going to be more notorious than any professional gamer because of where we're from. We have 5+ TF2 servers, located in both coasts of the UK and Europe. Our servers despite the fact we play music 24/7 are possibly the only place you're going to get serious tournament quality gaming in public servers.

(Also clans who play multiple games and enlists all members exclusively into these games disallowing members joining other clans for other games are losers.)

Sorry I drifted on too much, I'm supposed to be on a boxing bouncy castle right now, cya.

The fun you can have in games can be ruined by so many factors, but the definition of fun can be different for different people.
It is rather clear though that the border between having fun and fucking up is crossed at the point where you start to have fun on the expense of others by breaking or ignoring the rules nearly all the other players play by or are understood by. If everybody was making their own rules it would be time consuming and stressful.

I think excellent example would be where a good player with excellent fps and hardware owns second player to hell. But since the second player cant accept the fact and needs to prove that he always comes out on top regardless of how things theoretically should work, he will just load up his aimbot and wallhack, and begin to frag the first player when ever he sees him. Evolution eh?

But the part where it becomes fun is the part where third player silently logs in as admin and starts killswitching the first and second on spawn, or randomly exploding them. Because ultimately HE is THE man in that server. Of course he is so fucking good that they cant even frag him through his godmode, noobs that they are.
Of course one could continue this thought and take it to the part where the first one looses it and has the pc of the second guy fried by his hacker friends, after all the passcodes are extracted. Then he will make his way with his shaky legs to the front door of the third guy and shoot him in the face.
But it may be that the third guy was actually a citizen of a second country very much interested in stirring up a conflict within that country, so masses are brought to the streets.

Well in the end of this story somewhere along the way nukes come to play, and large hadron collider..

Basically, play by the rules faggots.

All this is true.
Last edited by James on Sun Sep 14, 08 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Sep 14, 08 5:09 pm

Now now, who's gonna read it all? My eyes hurts :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sun Sep 14, 08 5:12 pm

lol, probs just me. I'm talking and arguing with myself.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 14, 08 6:15 pm

This discussion will lead to sociology and politology, because it is in our nature to form groups and be a part of groups. And groups tend to be led. As we can see from our history different set of leaders have tried different forms of leadership.

Symbols play an important role in our lives, for some they are more obvious, for other not so much, but, if we talk about nations or clans, the symbols unite. If you are proud of your group or your nation you are strongly bound to that symbol.
When it comes to young clan leaders, they mostly learn how it works. One might easily even notice a certain evolution in the leading concept and principles they uphold. Ive certainly been there.

In world, we look for what nation, what city, what neighborhood you come from. But in dxmp diplomatic aspects also come to play, since, when you are questioned about your clan, your clan will hold some responsibility for your actions. Same in "RL", really. Personally, no disrespect or offense meant, but you are nothing to me as far as this specific game goes. You are someone I once played on A51 for 10 minutes, in september 2004, someone who I mightve noticed in some server few years later.. but never playing a proper game. Why am I saying this? It is to show that people who play the gametypes that the gaming community generally plays would know little or nothing about the jay of alpha forum boards.

If we talk about clans that can manage without rules and strong leadership, then you must also understand what kind of people they are made of. It is generally a very significantly small part of our society. Most need proper leadership, and some will fuck up no matter what kind of leadership you have. Here it comes down to personalities and percentages of, so we wander off to a whole new field again.

Sigh.. in short, you must be able to see the sociological processes involved here, basically see the big picture, because there is a reason clans exist or why some have strong leadership of one person, others of a group of people, and some lack leadership yet appear to be able to manage.
Anyhow, my English is not that good and I suppose youll get that reputation reference wrong anyhow, so what ever.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Sep 14, 08 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psycho » Sun Sep 14, 08 7:25 pm

Acctually I think that your English is very good, and is as good as a average person from the UK, and it's you second/third? language. I read all of the long posts, and I think it is important to wear your clan tag for numerous reasons like:

*You could give your clan a better reputation, which would be more atractive to sponsors, and also lure in better players.

*It shows your pride for being in the clan.

*Yes, it does advertise your clan, but how could that be a bad thing?

There are clans without such systems and do it right where every member has equal rights and part of a team

I partilly agree with this. The reasons I agree with it is that it makes everyone feel comfortable with the clan that they are in, and it also makes them think that they are a big role within the clan. The points that I diss-agree with is it could cause a big argument due to not having a leader to organise and control stuff.

If I would be in a clan, I would rather have a leader to tell me what to do, than make my own mind over things. Also if I would be in a clan and pay for a server etc I would not mind to much about being low in the clan ranks, if I was happy within the clan I am in ofcourse.

I miss being in a clan because I like playing with a tag knowing I belong within a community. Another thing I miss is, in a clan you make friends and have many people you would not normally talk to. The problem with myself is, I am to shy to apply for a clan, and face rejection :/

My English might seem shit, but I talk decent English and if I put my mind to it, could do very well with spelling, like I am atempting to do now :P, it just feels strange, and I tend to rush the language, and I always tend to have a habit of puting welsh words into a sentence.
Last edited by Psycho on Sun Sep 14, 08 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sun Sep 14, 08 9:21 pm

Except with:

*You could give your clan a better reputation, which would be more atractive to sponsors, and also lure in better players.

I'll get to this later.

I can't argue, this is just all random opinions being throw about.

In world, we look for what nation, what city, what neighborhood you come from. But in dxmp diplomatic aspects also come to play, since, when you are questioned about your clan, your clan will hold some responsibility for your actions. Same in "RL", really. Personally, no disrespect or offense meant, but you are nothing to me as far as this specific game goes. You are someone I once played on A51 for 10 minutes, in september 2004, someone who I mightve noticed in some server few years later.. but never playing a proper game. Why am I saying this? It is to show that people who play the gametypes that the gaming community generally plays would know little or nothing about the jay of alpha forum boards.

Here's the sweet beauty of it, you're right except everyone does know who I am and I was welcomed by people who aren't even on this forum back when I was touring some interested people around the multi player to show them what it's like (or rather, why they shouldn't be interested in it). I would honestly say I've lead the biggest social impact in game and here from 2003-current, I mean have you seen how many conversations I have at a time?, back in 2004/2005 I had at least 30 active conversations active around this time with Deus Ex players. This brought up the hilarious conception that "hurrr why doesn't jay play the game" yet you see me play even to this day. Mole had this same attitude as that, and in during the bigger game TF2 the server knew well who I was, Mole was just that guy from DCSB.

Now for my other jab at clans, and this one goes for every Deus Ex clan:
You're all failures, fussy failures. I have had more clan matches in the last 8 months than the entire 6 or whatever years of DXMP, this includes ANY clan war. I would honestly say we've had 60 or less clan matches, why?
When theres the biggest clan, you refuse to fight them again because of how small the community is, the ratio of better players is a lot more evident and there is always the best clan stacking the better players like a monopoly.

We've all done this, lol

Did this get us anywhere?

No because no one wants to play clan wars with us because we've clearly got the best team, it'll be a waste of time to everyone else.

Here's the idea we should of did:

If no one was in clans we would of had so much better clan matches and have them a lot more often because we wouldn't have empty concepts such as clan reputation. We could of treated it like gym class and picked 2 leaders at random who fight 1v1, winner gets to take first picks for the team.

Typically guy who is first picker picks what he thinks is the best player
Then next guy picks next best
so on
so forth
eventually teams are left with the "fat kids"

Okay maybe one side is overpowered, but if we had any brains and honor we'd pick at random and for fun. Yet... I think we'd still have "fat kids" hahaha.

Sorry but yeah, the only bad idea about this is the "fat kids" yet it is much better than any concept of clans. We should of funded it, imagine how many of you guys could of still been friends instead of jealous cunts in different clans who forbid themselves to communicate to each other.
Last edited by James on Sun Sep 14, 08 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Sep 14, 08 9:23 pm

I'd also like to add that we should of had more friendly scrims, Dae was always happy to do this and try but most of the time it was too small attendance and it ultimately failed.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 14, 08 9:46 pm

Jay, comparing other games to this here in the way you do is not only useless but also very very foolish. In some games people play up to several clan wars per DAY, we all are aware of that.
If you are unable to appreciate this game we have here and to which essentially this forum was dedicated to, then I feel that your words are empty. We could rage endlessly how this here is bad and how that there is weird, but lets leave that to the people who know shit about this game. I have probably played in 30-40 clan wars in dxmp, and i am extremely proud of it.
synthetic
Forum Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer