Unveiling Alpha’s secrets — confessions, only truth

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby synthetic » Sun Aug 02, 09 7:21 pm

For some reason Ive not read this thread before, and still at page 3 now. Even though Ive never thought particularly well of Alpha in the past some of it (the forums hacking, DZ/TT in particular) does shock me even today. Actually "particularly well" would be a considerable understatement, neverthe less, what is also rather shocking and unusual is the honesty of the top alpha crackers/baddies. It really surprised me when talking with Alex, and I felt no real reason not to believe him.

Its hard to find something to say to summarize all these things from past.. maybe "this is dx" is the most suitable..
Im glad this thread was made.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Sun Aug 02, 09 7:37 pm

Ken wrote:DZ/TT

It's not too peculiar. TT forum was hacked when TT was already inactive, there was nothing interesting on it. DZ didn't seem angry at all, he thanked me for pointing out a vulnerability and we talked several hours about clans and stuff. Before browsing private forums I asked him if I could do that, he said yes 8)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 02, 09 11:57 pm

Alex wrote:
MastaKilla wrote:Did |Alpha| cheat to defeat the almighty [Kingz]?!

:P okay sorry

"honden". Remember that? REMEMBER IT? I DO.

EDIT:

We haxed 2 da max.

Just came across this thread and it makes for some fascinating reading!

Pmsl at the screenie, looks like I left just in time!!
Bob
Forum God

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Jul 12, 10 2:40 pm

OMG REVIVAL;

What happened at the FGS conflict? I heard Tonnochi was a spy spying [FGS] for [A].

I need the whole background story, not just "yes" or "no" only

Also; If I am correct, Alex was pissed off at Dej again, because he attacked again before you guys left DX. Why'd he attack back again at the first place? do you know the reasons?

And I somewhat remember that this forum went down and there was a temp-forum or something where you guys were discussing stuff. I don't really remember if Dej or Batch attacked, so can someone tell me what happened, full story ye.

THANKS.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Mon Jul 12, 10 4:25 pm

~DJ~ wrote:I heard Tonnochi was a spy spying [FGS] for [A].

I can't imagine what could another clan of a video game hide that would be worth spying for. Perhaps some source codes of mods, but FGS weren't making any at that time.

Same with Alpha, although it wasn't really pleasant to find out that due to a mistake in access permissions of the forum, Ste (Stephen Myhill / Hydra) had access to our private forums for a long time and shared the information with his friends.

~DJ~ wrote:Alex was pissed off at Dej again

As far as I remember Dejavu was pissed, not Alex. We didn't give a fuck, why would we?

~DJ~ wrote:Why'd he attack back again at the first place?

It's a long story. Dejavu wasn't happy that everyone played anything but not his favorite ATDM which is "true DX" (although by his own words he didn't like DXSP ... ) ATDM had been popular before 0aug was introduced with DXMTL, so before 2002-2003. In order to bring back old times he had been nesting some evil plans which came true in the end of 2006. He exploited an ancient, well-known vulnerability of Unreal Engine-based masterservers to de-list (remove from the list) the servers which weren't hosting "true DX" by his own opinion.

We teamed up and bugged GameSpy to fix the problem, after *many* attempts they finally did it. (Basically GameSpy's support reps claimed that we're all lunatics and they don't host any masterservers, and we should contact Ion Storm, which didn't exist by then).

There were other iterations of the attack. In a search for solution I found Zora, who compiled Nephthys to work with DX. Eventually Dejavu changed the tactic to simply DoS the servers, but after I had reported him to the Slovenian police, and he stopped for a whole year.

Next year he resumed the attacks, also infected some servers with a virus which helped him break into Alex's PC, from where he stole some source codes and our MSN logs. Dejavu gave MSN logs to Shadowrunner, who figured that we didn't really like him and teamed up with Dejavu. Then he took down our dxalpha.com server with a DoS attack, and we decided that enough is enough of all that drama.

To put it in a nutshell, people who sympathised Alpha believed that the mods are alright, there is no definition of "true DX", everyone is free to choose to what to host and what to play. Obviously Dejavu, Triads, streetsmarts, "auggers" and other "respected members of community" (— by their own words) believed the opposite.

And after this years I'm not like "LOL Y SO SERIOUS ITS JUST A GAME" — call me a nerd, geek or whatever.

I might have forgotten something, ask me the questions if any.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Jul 12, 10 4:29 pm

Ah, I understand now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, if you read more ahead, it says "why did Dej attack back"

But clearly I failed and typed "Alex was pissed off at Dej again" (sorry, this isn't what I mean, just read opposite)

What I really meant was that if he had police after him why'd he attack back, and what really happened, as in the history.

Thanks for your time. :$

SO NOW I UNDERSTAND TRULY.
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Mon Jul 12, 10 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Mon Jul 12, 10 5:56 pm

Deja's code which closed the game and changed your MS to his, was that code stolen from Alex? I seem to remember Alex having a code similar to it (Where it would close the game and change some stuff, nothing harmful though).

Also how/where did you find Zora? (in more detail)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Jul 12, 10 5:59 pm

He tossed flippers into a waterfall.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Jul 12, 10 6:33 pm

Eugene has completely skewed history, ignoring of course the single most important factor in the downfall of Deja.

[PMS]

~fin~
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 12, 10 6:57 pm

Kaiden wrote:Deja's code which closed the game and changed your MS to his, was that code stolen from Alex? I seem to remember Alex having a code similar to it (Where it would close the game and change some stuff, nothing harmful though).

Also how/where did you find Zora? (in more detail)

Nah, DejaVu used different code, he tried stealing my code, but failed to find it on my PC.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Jul 12, 10 7:40 pm

Kaiden wrote:Also how/where did you find Zora? (in more detail)

Alex (or me, I don't remember) made a thread on BeyondUnreal forums, and a forumer pointed out that there's a mod called Nephthys that defends Unreal servers. I googled it, found the emails of Zora and Winged Unicorn, another developer.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Jul 12, 10 8:18 pm

Dae wrote:
Kaiden wrote:Also how/where did you find Zora? (in more detail)

The A Team made a thread on BeyondUnreal forums, and a forumer pointed out that there's a mod called Nephthys that defends Unreal servers. The A Team googled it, found the emails of Zora and Winged Unicorn, another developer.

I think I've made my point.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Batchy » Fri Jul 16, 10 6:28 pm

Nostalgia :3
Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby Aidan » Fri Jul 16, 10 9:41 pm

James wrote:He tossed flippers into a waterfall.

Didn't you need rope though?
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Darma » Sun Jul 25, 10 4:02 pm

[quote="Dae"][quote="cataclyzm"]Also, who was the member who most joined/left many times?
[/quote]
Raiden[/quote]

Raiden? he's actaully in zXc
Darma
Badass

Location: est l'action qui consiste à louer tout bien à une personne (Bail)

Postby Professor Layton » Sun Jul 25, 10 4:28 pm

Raiden is a pretty popular used name in games, big chance it's not the the same Raiden.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Sun Jul 25, 10 7:03 pm

Definitely not the same Raiden.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Jul 25, 10 8:17 pm

Darma wrote:Raiden? he's actaully in zXc

lol. Not the same person..
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Jul 25, 10 8:19 pm

Nope, Anton doesn't even play anymore afaik. Maybe once in a veryyyyyyyyyy long time.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Darma » Sat Jul 31, 10 1:06 pm

~DJ~ wrote:
Darma wrote:Raiden? he's actaully in zXc

lol. Not the same person..

Akright
Darma
Badass

Location: est l'action qui consiste à louer tout bien à une personne (Bail)

Postby Wasted. » Sat Jul 31, 10 5:49 pm

do we need a 15th person to tell darma that hes retarded or can we stick to the 14 that already have
Wasted.
Addict

Postby James » Sat Jul 31, 10 6:41 pm

Are you still upset that he royally wrecked you and MainMan?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Aug 01, 10 3:06 am

James wrote:Are you still upset that he royally wrecked you and MainMan?

You're not serious right?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Sep 01, 10 10:39 pm

ANOTHER REVIVAL:

What happened between [A] and HDD, was his computer really melted? what did he do? I don't remember that well and perhaps there's a bit more background story not told?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Thu Sep 02, 10 2:34 am

His computer was never attacked I believe, Alex merely mentioned he could. HDD was retarded.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Thu Sep 02, 10 4:01 am

But the manliest way to melt a computer is to go to that persons house with a roofers torch and burn it.

Maybe someone else destroyed it?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Dae » Sat Sep 04, 10 6:14 pm

19073 views, oh wow.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sat Sep 04, 10 6:48 pm

Oh, this last one was about me, sorry. HDD was indeed retarded. As far as I can remember - been a long time ago - he first was just an annoying son of a bitch on my server, I banned him, he returned, due to dynamic IP. Later on, he was, yeah, still an annoying son of a bitch. Concerning his PC.

I found a method where I could execute commands and C++ code on someone's computer. I only used this to insert certain things on the PC, so later on, I could identify it again, thus also ban it. This was used in the last version of MMAdvBan, which was never public, could only be used on my server, and when DejaVu got into my PC, he did not manage to get the source of it.

When a PC is banned, a command (a DX/UnrealEngine command) could be sent to the player's PC/Deus Ex, before kicking him. Such as "suicide" but also "debug eatmem". HDD claimed I fried his PC by executing debug eatmem on his PC. I think that is what happened at least.

HDD was also retarted because the one moment he was "PLEASE FORGIVE ME" and a few days later he tried backstabbing me again. He sent quite a few PM's, in which he apologizes, and sometimes wants my help. I give him help, and a few days later.. well, you've seen it happen.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Sep 04, 10 8:32 pm

Now that sounds like a totally messed-up personality, playing doubles :o

Thanks for the info.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Tue Sep 28, 10 11:22 am

Alex wrote:..and when DejaVu got into my PC, he did not manage to get the source of it.

Thank god he just got miniMTL.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer