my 24/7 0 aug server

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 9:39 am

portable mp3 player wrote:I used throwing knives in augs

Throwing knives were badass.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Thu Sep 03, 09 9:40 am

they were kinda overpowered imo
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 9:48 am

So were LAMS and 20mm HE (coming from the perspective that I was taught how to play with throwing knives, LAMS and 20mm HE as primary tactics). But only if you knew how to use them (with the exception of HE).

If someone just placed a LAM in any old place where people could obviously see it, it's not going to do much is it? People will just avoid it. If people got some throwing knives and just threw them at you it may not do much either, you could just strafe through them like people do with bullets.

I don't think they were very situational though, and that's (at least to me) what made them so overpowered.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby NightRaver » Thu Sep 03, 09 1:47 pm

Psychotic wrote:So were LAMS and 20mm HE (coming from the perspective that I was taught how to play with throwing knives, LAMS and 20mm HE as primary tactics). But only if you knew how to use them (with the exception of HE).

If someone just placed a LAM in any old place where people could obviously see it, it's not going to do much is it? People will just avoid it. If people got some throwing knives and just threw them at you it may not do much either, you could just strafe through them like people do with bullets.

I don't think they were very situational though, and that's (at least to me) what made them so overpowered.

Throwing knifes where good, for example in smuggler, in the hallways.

they always strafe left and right as you say but to avoid sniper bullets. In that case you can just throw knifes at the point where he will become while he is strafing. He will be concentrated at the snipers and not the knifes.
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 2:46 pm

Oh yes, Smuggler was my fave map for knifing. I just ran circles around people with knives, Speed Aug + Combat Strength + Some Form of Defence (which was incredibly situational) as that's how I was taught to play.

Was incredibly fun pwning peeps. I used to love the Assault Shotgun too, got a few kills with it. Preferred it over the Assault Rifle, dunno why. Never liked the Sniper Rifle because I suck at sniping, in any game, on multiplayer lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Hanover Fist » Thu Sep 03, 09 3:49 pm

James wrote:[spoiler]None of the maps were made for Aug or 0-Aug except for the item placement, they're merely arenas based on maps from the single player campaign featuring 3 bases or more.[/spoiler]

No, the singleplayer locations were merely the theme. The only map that most resembles it's singleplayer version is area51bunker, which also happens to suck the most dick.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby synthetic » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:40 pm

Psychotic wrote:
FRO_BELOW wrote:I'd suggest augs. But then no one would play there. So like, delete win.

That's cause people who don't play augs are pussies...

They sure are better than people who dont even play, and when they used to play they sucked hard.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:44 pm

Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Zantinzuken » Thu Sep 03, 09 5:53 pm

Ken wrote:
Psychotic wrote:
FRO_BELOW wrote:I'd suggest augs. But then no one would play there. So like, delete win.

They sure are better than people who dont even play, and when they used to play they sucked hard.

Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:15 pm

Ken wrote:
Psychotic wrote:

OH SNAP.

I find it quite ironic, you haven't been here for ages, claim to not know people but oh look at this, you know me? Someone you never played the game with?

Where do you base your claim from? And furthermore: Learn to fucking read. "I've been ragging on non-Augs as a joke for years." I also played 0-Augs but couldn't stand the speed of the games (which it to say, slow).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby NightRaver » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:23 pm

Psychotic wrote:
Ken wrote:
Psychotic wrote:

OH SNAP.

I find it quite ironic, you haven't been here for ages, claim to not know people but oh look at this, you know me? Someone you never played the game with?

Where do you base your claim from? And furthermore: Learn to fucking read. "I've been ragging on non-Augs as a joke for years." I also played 0-Augs but couldn't stand the speed of the games (which it to say, slow).

Slow? Its just similar to any other normal fps game, counterstrike, call of duty and more.

Maybe thats why people like to play 0 aug. Cause it feels more like counterstrike and other war games then it does with augs. (bio, nano and such)
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 6:40 pm

Yeah, I understand what you mean. But honestly, I never liked Counter-Strike. It wasn't interesting. Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Deus Ex (non-Augs), they're all so generic. Sure the maps and guns look different but the gameplay is all the same.

For me, games like TF2 and Deus Ex (with Augs) prevent this. It's all personal preference. I don't have any problem with people who play non-Augs but I honestly think they're not playing the game the way it's meant to be - which is why I made a sig years ago with "Augs - The way it's meant to be played" because I truly believe that.

It's all fine if you want to play 0-Augs on a game you like but why bother when there are so many other games just like it? I'd rather play Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament. Practically the same game (in regards to game-type, it's still a deathmatch and unlike Augs there's nothing truly "interesting" and varied about it IMO).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:31 pm

Psychotic wrote:I find it quite ironic, you haven't been here for ages, claim to not know people but oh look at this, you know me? Someone you never played the game with?

Ken has never said anything like that. He's been here for a while and plays DX regularly. You're mixing him up with Elemental/Legion who has recently returned and said those things.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Sep 03, 09 7:37 pm

Yes... I am... crap. My apologies for that, however my last point still stands: I don't recall ever having a game with you. And people should learn to bloody read anyway. If people have been here for "a while" they would've known I've always signified my biased likeness for Augs over Non-Augs.

I would also expect people to learn to read as well. Clearly I expect far too much.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Hanover Fist » Thu Sep 03, 09 8:01 pm

Keith's Pulp Fiction references amuse me.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby D13GO » Thu Sep 03, 09 10:42 pm

Psychotic wrote:Yes... I am... crap. My apologies for that, however my last point still stands: I don't recall ever having a game with you. And people should learn to bloody read anyway. If people have been here for "a while" they would've known I've always signified my biased likeness for Augs over Non-Augs.

I would also expect people to learn to read as well. Clearly I expect far too much.

you would not be accept in EDH :!: :!: :!:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:
D13GO

Postby Hanover Fist » Fri Sep 04, 09 8:22 am

Fuck off you faggot. EDH sucks so much dick it's possible it will start a black hole, sucking up the universe so hard the entirety of it forms into a puckered asshole tighter than a snare drum until it gets gaped by EDH's own gayness.

If I'm getting banned for this post, you're coming with me you fairy.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri Sep 04, 09 8:42 am

FRO_BELOW wrote:Fuck off you faggot. EDH sucks so much dick it's possible it will start a black hole, sucking up the universe so hard the entirety of it forms into a puckered asshole tighter than a snare drum until it gets gaped by EDH's own gayness.

How... creative. Will agree however.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Fri Sep 04, 09 8:52 am

FRO_BELOW wrote:Fuck off you faggot. EDH sucks so much dick it's possible it will start a black hole, sucking up the universe so hard the entirety of it forms into a puckered asshole tighter than a snare drum until it gets gaped by EDH's own gayness.

Goddamn that sentence is well structured. Are you a professional writer?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Fri Sep 04, 09 8:57 am

Twilight.txt
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 04, 09 9:21 am

+1
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~[ß]Lost~ » Fri Sep 04, 09 1:58 pm

portable mp3 player wrote:

Reclaimer's love poems are good :lol:
Sike
clanb.deus-ex.net

Legion wrote:By default, I'm bi. However I've spent a great deal of time "burying" that aspect of me...
~[ß]Lost~
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Fri Sep 04, 09 8:00 pm

Like you don't know.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby clyzm » Fri Sep 04, 09 9:44 pm

FRO_BELOW wrote:

Like you don't know.

I'm being serious though, do you get paid? Do you have a DA? I would really love to read some of your works.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby MainMan » Fri Sep 04, 09 10:39 pm

D13GO wrote:
Psychotic wrote:Yes... I am... crap. My apologies for that, however my last point still stands: I don't recall ever having a game with you. And people should learn to bloody read anyway. If people have been here for "a while" they would've known I've always signified my biased likeness for Augs over Non-Augs.

you would not be accept in EDH :!: :!: :!:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Have a siesta from the forum, m7
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Sep 05, 09 2:33 pm

FRO_BELOW wrote:

Like you don't know.

I'm being serious though, do you get paid? Do you have a DA? I would really love to read some of your works.

Right now I'm mostly freelancing for the local newspapers. Until I get my degree I'm doing more Journalism work than being able to work on my novels. I'll post some of my shit in the Creative section if you're really that interested.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby valgothy » Sat Sep 05, 09 5:35 pm

FRO_BELOW wrote: I'll post some of my shit in the Creative section if you're really that interested.

Yes pls.
valgothy

Postby synthetic » Tue Sep 08, 09 6:44 pm

Someone with reclaimer's attitude is bound to write some interesting shit. Seems misplaced somehow though :)

As for you Joshua, I played you alright. In fact, if you EVER played in main servers then youve played me, and not only once or twice. I remember you were always glued to some veteran auger. The name escapes me.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Tue Sep 08, 09 8:34 pm

Hybrid.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Sep 08, 09 9:45 pm

Ken wrote:As for you Joshua, I played you alright. In fact, if you EVER played in main servers then youve played me, and not only once or twice. I remember you were always glued to some veteran auger. The name escapes me.

Then my apologies if I don't remember you, I probably don't care to (and I don't usually care to remember every person I ever played with, because I don't KNOW who I played with). The veteran's name was indeed, Hybrid and I was "glued" to him because he was the only person I knew in the entire community at the time.

I still believe that even though I was pretty naive back at the age of 13, I would rather have had someone teach me the basics of a game rather than ban me (like in some games I've played) for being a goddamn newbie. I'm sure other people could have done such if I had asked, but Hybrid done it anyway, before he even told me about this very forum.

Like I said though, learn to read. I've always ragged on 0-Augs as some sort of fucked up joke. I've also made notations over the years of how much I sucked at the game in general (FPS games were never my strong-point). I played for fun, not to "better" myself like some people may like to do in a bloody video game. You can either hate me or like me for it but honestly, if some random on an internet forum not liking the same game-type as you on a 9 year old game is your biggest problem, then you're a fucking lucky man.

It's personal preference. I think 0-Augs sucks, you think I suck for thinking 0-Augs sucks. If I can't have my opinion why should you?
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer