RTKM Returns

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

RTKM Returns

Postby [FGS]Fear » Fri Jan 15, 10 1:01 am

Hi, just a quick announcement that the RTKM Zero Aug server famous throughout 2007 and 2008 has now returned. Co-funded by Jima, Myself, Kiri & Whiplash.

All 4 of us will be working to make sure the server remains as fair and as fun as possible.

Maps will be changed from time to time to keep it enjoyable for everybody.

See you there for some games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan/Fear
Last edited by [FGS]Fear on Fri Jan 15, 10 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Fri Jan 15, 10 1:23 am

Famous eh? You're a faggot.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 15, 10 9:53 am

Famous.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 15, 10 9:53 am

Hahahaha.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Fri Jan 15, 10 1:18 pm

Famous community appreciation ftw..
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby [FGS]Fear » Fri Jan 15, 10 3:33 pm

Those guys probably didnt play much around RTKM's time, the server played a huge part in keeping a hell of alot of 0 auggers on the scene, and lets face it, 0 augs is Deus Ex from 2004 onwards. :D

Alex im sure you were around to see its success.

Lets not be children around here, im pointing at you soap :P
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Jan 15, 10 3:39 pm

People still play?
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Jima B » Fri Jan 15, 10 7:57 pm

[PMS]LONGCAT wrote:People still play?

Nope, but we still host!
Your Friendly [UNDISCLOSED PROJECT ID] representative!
Jima B

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 15, 10 8:06 pm

Magikarp wrote:Those guys probably didnt play much around RTKM's time, the server played a huge part in keeping a hell of alot of 0 auggers on the scene, and lets face it, 0 augs is Deus Ex from 2004 onwards. :D

It wasn't famous ;)
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Jan 15, 10 8:25 pm

Actually, it was.

EDIT: And oh yeh, good luck to RTKM :D
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Fri Jan 15, 10 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Fri Jan 15, 10 8:59 pm

Magikarp wrote:Those guys probably didnt play much around RTKM's time, the server played a huge part in keeping a hell of alot of 0 auggers on the scene, and lets face it, 0 augs is Deus Ex from 2004 onwards. :D

Every post you make makes you appear even more ignorant.

RTKM's time was like a couple years. It was a crap server, GM and Ferd and Reef's place were better. Your admins were all newbs as were the players who frequented your server.

There was no "famous" server in DX. Idiot.

Also, practically everyone on here BUT you was around far before RTKM's time. Long enough to know 0 augs is not from "2004 onwards" you fucking shmoe.

You probably don't even know that the first clan to host 0 augs was JTB in 2002.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby synthetic » Fri Jan 15, 10 9:34 pm

I could say something to counter each of your little points there, but given your apparent writing talent it really does amaze me how fucking retarded you really are when it comes to comprehension of much larger scale.

Shortly put, Im no RTKM fanboy, but there is little doubt that it can be considered famous easily because it was a quality server in a game that depended on one server, be it whatever gametype. RTKM was the next DCSB server.
I sometimes feel like Im reading posts written by fucking children.
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jan 15, 10 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 15, 10 9:43 pm

Ken wrote:I could say something to counter each of your little points there, but given your apparent writing talent it really does amaze me how fucking retarded you really are when it comes to comprehension of much larger scale.

Shortly put, Im no RTKM fanboy, but there is little doubt that it can be considered famous easily because it was a quality server in a game that depended on one server, be it whatever gametype. RTKM was the next DCSB server.
I sometimes feel like Im reading posts written by fucking children.

Famous in DX is not possible.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Fri Jan 15, 10 9:49 pm

In DX, it entirely is. Something with DXMP known outside the community? Never. There are events, players and servers - famous and infamous. Well-known and esteemed. Somehow I cant help but to feel that certain arguments are fueled by nit-picking and backwards logics. I do hope you did not mean famous as in famous outside dxmp, I thought that much would be pretty granted, and to be honest I wouldnt give a flying fuck about it, unless it had something to do with shutting MS down or releasing something for the game.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 15, 10 10:33 pm

Due to a game being this small, everyone is famous or infamous. Everyone knows everyone. Every server is known by everyone. No such thing as famous.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Wasted. » Fri Jan 15, 10 10:49 pm

Wasn't anything out the ordinary but it certainly was the only regular server for a while..
Wasted.
Addict

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sat Jan 16, 10 1:03 am

Whoever that Soap guy is has issues and feels he must make it blatent he's an "oldschool" player.

And not once have i acted like i've been around for ages... i started very late in 2004 and not properly until 2005, big deal?

If you dont know anything about RTKM... your rather childishly posted opinion is invalid, however, its nice to see atleast a couple of people in here with sensible posts.

You do something for the players of the community out of your own pocket, and theres always a clueless self centered moron ready to start a flame war, i laugh.
Last edited by [FGS]Fear on Sat Jan 16, 10 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Wasted. » Sat Jan 16, 10 1:08 am

i pwn u at pkr tho
Wasted.
Addict

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sat Jan 16, 10 1:08 am

lol :P
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Jan 16, 10 2:18 am

Magikarp wrote:Whoever that Soap guy is has issues and feels he must make it blatent he's an "oldschool" player.

And not once have i acted like i've been around for ages... i started very late in 2004 and not properly until 2005, big deal?

If you dont know anything about RTKM... your rather childishly posted opinion is invalid, however, its nice to see atleast a couple of people in here with sensible posts.

You do something for the players of the community out of your own pocket, and theres always a clueless self centered moron ready to start a flame war, i laugh.

dero derp derp
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sat Jan 16, 10 3:17 am

Mature.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby clyzm » Sat Jan 16, 10 4:22 am

Magikarp wrote:Mature.

Magikarp wrote:lol :P
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Jan 16, 10 12:09 pm

RTKM had lots of players and it lasted long while it lasted, unlike these random home hosted servers with RPG city and 10minute built maps with 3-5 brushes by newbie mappers.

That easily makes it famous, in fact I would call all servers famous which ever had so many players like RTKM and lasted that long aswell.

Anyone remembers PLATOON server? I remember that place having 32 online players and mature administration. Even though it didn't last long, it was famous.

These silly arguments about claiming how infamous RTKM was seem to be rather silly to me. Just because the credit goes to someone else, doesn't mean it's crap. Grow up.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 16, 10 12:12 pm

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:RTKM had lots of players and it lasted long while it lasted, unlike these random home hosted servers with RPG city and 10minute built maps with 3-5 brushes by newbie mappers.

That easily makes it famous, in fact I would call all servers famous which ever had so many players like RTKM and lasted that long aswell.

Anyone remembers PLATOON server? I remember that place having 32 online players and mature administration. Even though it didn't last long, it was famous.

These silly arguments about claiming how infamous RTKM was seem to be rather silly to me. Just because the credit goes to someone else, doesn't mean it's crap. Grow up.

Noone claims that RTKM is infamous.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Wasted. » Sat Jan 16, 10 1:15 pm

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:RTKM had lots of players and it lasted long while it lasted, unlike these random home hosted servers with RPG city and 10minute built maps with 3-5 brushes by newbie mappers.

Whats wrong with newbie mappers?

You a mapping pro or sum shit?

RTKM had lots of people playing at one point, but it was hardly anything out of the ordinary.

And the point about being 'famous' within dx is ridiculous in itself, if having some people play on your server makes it famous then obviously everyone here is just spewing out crap.

RTKM had some people on it, thats it. Otherwise the KSN server can be called famous.

Famous server would be eat people or sum shit
Wasted.
Addict

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sat Jan 16, 10 1:33 pm

Gosh i wish i'd have just written "known throughout 2007 and 2008" because everybody knows thats exactly what i meant anyway.

I remember PLATOON that server was always packed lol, and to whoever Portable is, care to elaborate on those 2 quotes?
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Bear » Sat Jan 16, 10 2:21 pm

Nice Fear.
Bear
Addict

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Jan 16, 10 9:29 pm

Anyone remember USMC server? Man, that server was fucking FAMOUS
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Wasted. » Sat Jan 16, 10 10:44 pm

buzza was famous
Wasted.
Addict

Postby Jima B » Sat Jan 16, 10 10:55 pm

Hey Guys! I'm famous, and so is my server. Have you heard? :D
Your Friendly [UNDISCLOSED PROJECT ID] representative!
Jima B

Next

Return to Multiplayer